Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not in beta... is it really that bad still? Curious why they needed the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Anyone know if the Pre-Patch will remove the neck, essences, and azerite traits?
    Corruptions removed and Rank 4 essences become.unobtainable. Same for ahead of the curve achievement (and mount).
    Neck will not be available at level 10, if you plan on leveling an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question do people really take vacation time when a new WoW expansion is released?

I can't even comprehend anyone actually doing that.
    Uhhh why not?

It's important if you're a cutting edge mythic raider to grind that level and asap grind mythic+, reputations, tradeskills etc. It's non optional.

It's also fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not only has it happened before, but precedent doesn't help you in this case.

In the past 15 years, a major pandemic hasn't happened, political upheaval beyond anyone's reckoning wasn't happening, and more importantly, people weren't this pissed off about the tests of previous expansions. (Except maybe Legion and BfA, though I'd argue moreso BfA because they really fucked up BfA entirely. I don't remember AS MANY complaints from Legion's beta tests, though that could be my own perspective only.)

All it would take is one major delay for Blizzard to need to delay the expansion - So I don't know what "15 years of not happening before" means to you, but it means nothing to me. Something happened THIS TIME, obviously.
    I'm not sure what what absolutely any of that post had to do with mine.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gherothar View Post
    There's actually no evidence he ever said that. Besides someone on the Internet, of course.
    he said that in a interview

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh this is the first WoW expansion I'll likely skip now that it'll be released at a time where I'll be unable to play it I'll be too far behind going into the first tier and it's just not worth it. Notified my guild to find someone to replace me for SL and refunded my SL order. This is largely symbolic by Blizzard to give the very vocal stream crowd the illusion that Blizzard is listening to them so that they can avoid what happened at BFA launch with the community shitting on BFA whether the issues impacted them or not, solely because streamers said that X was an issue.

If the expansion looked better than it does I would put up with the inconvenience, but I was very ... whelmed ... at best for this one, and now it's inconvenient on top of that? A delay where they won't actually fix any major issues? Hard pass.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm not in beta... is it really that bad still? Curious why they needed the delay.
    In the actual stuff, there's some bugs, but it's mostly balancing they could have done live.

Apparently though they're having problems making 2 raid bosses actually fun.

3+ Year Old Account

Question

Serious question do people really take vacation time when a new WoW expansion is released?

The expansion will be here for 2 years, what's the big fire and rush? Just go outside, be with family or friends. Watch The Mandalorian season 2 and Star Trek Discovery season 3 in the meantime.

Plus, playing at launch means super crowded, with wait times, and quest hubs packed, and sometimes major first week bugs that need to be patched. I'd much rather wait to play it after the dust settles.
    Go outside? Spend time with family and friends? During a pandemic? Checks out.

This is great news, maybe, just maybe, this is the return to the "release it when its ready" method of game design.
    This small thing actually gives me hope for Shadowlands.

Mother f$(*##$ here I was thinking "They won't delay the shitshow" and trying to rush the Mad World achievement... On the bright side, got it this morning. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yes, it's a clusterfuck. There's some classes and specs that are working, some are quite bad, some have stupid interactions with covenants, some covenants work well for some specs while doing nothing for others.

Sanity has prevailed. It's not in a launch-ready state as it currently stands. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drhots View Post
    Actually he did say lmao like literately in an interview
    Find it and then 'lmao'

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The beta that is available is very limited and a doesn't cover a lot of end game content, We also don't know all the bugs that were being fixed. People say they want a buggy release forget error 3005 or logging into a your character only for it to fall through the world map and unable to retrieve till a gm can fix it.

Burning Crusade was delayed 3 months so people complaining are either new or have very poor memory.
    TBC wasn't three months they "hoped to have it out for christmas" 2006 but it got delayed to 2007, it never had an actual date before it got delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Mother f$(*##$ here I was thinking "They won't delay the shitshow" and trying to rush the Mad World achievement... On the bright side, got it this morning. >_>
    TBF you only had another week and half anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an email, they're offering open refunds

Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-10-02 at 01:54 AM.

It was slated for a Q4 in 2006, "before black Friday aka Xmas shopping release date" It got moved to early January. aka 3 months. This is nothing new and we don't even know how long the delay will be but with vacation time already planned for most the staff it could easily be pushed back to 2021. I hope not but I would be okay with it.
    That's less than 2 months btw.

But 2021 would be their like LAST resort, and I for one would hate it, I may not even bother then honestly, it's the principle of it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights
    In all fairness I think most of us were more in the "there's no way in hell Activision is going to allow them to delay this late and close to release" camp than the "it doesn't actually need a delay" camp; I'm still surprised they're allowing it to be delayed. Not so much white knighting for blizz as it is having no faith in large companies to put the quality of a product over money lost or bad press gained.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    People like this is why MMO-Champ is famous for it's toxicity.
    Says this then continues to spout toxicity. LMAO. Can't even make this shit up.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier.

We still get prepatch in the next couple weeks (2 weeks after its intended date) which feels like new content, given new systems changes. I just hated the fact that we were looking to have a 3 week prepatch. That is so short for an okay amount of stuff that will go away.

The expansion will be here for 2 years, what's the big fire and rush? Just go outside, be with family or friends. Watch The Mandalorian season 2 and Star Trek Discovery season 3 in the meantime.

Plus, playing at launch means super crowded, with wait times, and quest hubs packed, and sometimes major first week bugs that need to be patched. I'd much rather wait to play it after the dust settles.
    Ahh, is this one of those 'I don't do a thing so I can't understand why other people do the thing' posts? Just go outside during a pandemic and do so much fun stuff, go see all your family and friends during a pandemic, sounds good bud. Doing some of those is actually illegal where I am living now.

And Star Trek Discovery? couldn't have used a better example?

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Honestly, I couldn't be happier.

We still get prepatch in the next couple weeks (2 weeks after its intended date) which feels like new content, given new systems changes. I just hated the fact that we were looking to have a 3 week prepatch. That is so short for an okay amount of stuff that will go away.
    But the pre-patch isn't anything content wise for someone already playing the game, a pet to farm, some ilvl 100 items to farm and try out your new class builds that will take an hour to get used to? Why is the pre-patch hyped up so much, it is almost of no value.

Well seems like they are still pushing for this year, and they'll probably be paying lots of overtime with game crunch, which really sucks btw.

Still given the year, and given Blizzard is notorious for delaying their launches. I half expected when no PrePatch came out this week, I still got cyberpunk I've been waiting on, and we may get more time with pre-patch. Which will let me boost a lot of alts. So I'll have stuff to do.

I am honestly in the dark with most of what Shadowlands is even about. I avoid majority of topic and videos on an expansion so it all fresh for me.
    When is blizzard notorious for delaying launches? They've publicly delayed 2 things, TBC and WCIII:R, and we know how that second one turned out.