Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

I am 65 so I guess I would have to say "Pong". lol

Without a shadow of a doubt, Final Fantasy VII. It is by no means a bad game by any stretch, but it's not nearly as good as the fans make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    golden eye, but I hate all console fps games. Controls are terrible.
    ...and that's one of two games that ever got it right on the console. Many consider it on par to KBM. Did you play Goldeneye as intended and designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Ratchet and clank: deadlocked, it was fun but got pretty repetetive, it was unique since it was the first game you could play the campaign in co-op split screen
    Sir how dare you

Its quite literally the best ratchet and clank ever made

That said idk man, I loved every game when I was younger. Rayman I guess?
    An'u belore delen'na

Most games i played when i was growing up were great and i never cared about overrated simply because there wasn't a way to overrate it to be honest lol I think its because almost no one had internet back in those days.Nothing really got that over hyped like games do now.Now there is so much hype for games and its easy to see the Hype that i think almost all games are overrated nowadays.There are some that aren't but the vast majority are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lolwut? These games changed gaming...
    Hey, he said what games we thought were overrated. Those were the ONLY games I heard about during my childhood. It was as if nobody played anything else, so I didn't find anyone into the games I liked until well into adulthood. But when I tried these games I mentioned as a kid, I was bored and completely unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    ...and that's one of two games that ever got it right on the console. Many consider it on par to KBM. Did you play Goldeneye as intended and designed?
    Dunno, I played it at a friend's house as they had an N64 and I didn't (but we hung out like daily). It was so long ago I barely remember much other than being constantly frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbell View Post
    I am 65 so I guess I would have to say "Pong". lol
    You, sir/ma'am, are an inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Kingdom Hearts. Black Ops. Any COD. Those are only the mediocre games I can think of. They don't make games like they used to. Not many bad games back then.
    CoD 2 and WaW are classics. They were dope at the time.

Spyro, Crash and Sonic. Never really cared for them.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Definitely Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Monkey Island

or Doom/Quake

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I was never a big fan of the original Pitfall! for the Atari 2600 myself, even though it's ranked as the #1 Atari 2600 game on many a list. I'd take Mountain King over Pitfall! pretty much any day. I also preferred Super Mario Bros. 2 over Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES, weirdly enough - I thought it was interesting to have very different characters to play the game with, all of whom had different playstyles, and it gave 2 a lot more replayability over 3.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt, Final Fantasy VII. It is by no means a bad game by any stretch, but it's not nearly as good as the fans make it out to be.
    I'll go a step further.

It's an absolute landmark in gaming. For many people, myself included, it was our first taste of JRPGs (if not RPGs in general for many people). When you think of the PS1, you'd be hard-pressed to name a bigger & more impactful title, & 90s gaming in general has very little that can compete with it outside of perhaps Pokemon.

HOWEVER!

It is not gods gift to the JRPG genre. It wasn't the best when it came out, & it certainly isn't the best since it's come out. Hell, Final Fantasy IX came out just a few years later and blew it out of the water if you ask me. VI came out 3 years prior, and I'd also have that ahead of it.

So yeah, even as a Squaresoft-era FF fan, as good as VII is (and it is a damn good game), it is not the absolute best thing since sliced bread. I understand why people are fanatical about it, but chill out, please.

PS: Also anything by Naughty Dog after the PS2, & anything involving Elder Scrolls.

Umm. First had a Salora Fellow (clone of VTech Laser 200), it had a really, really shitty version of Battleship. Took ages to load from the casette player too. :P

Fifa just 11 dudes running after a ball like a bunch of idiots. Feels like a pack of dogs idk never understood that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thats what i wanted to say as i red "Goldeneye". You had to change the control scheme then you would move with the yellow buttons. It was like wasd movement. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were the only 2 shooters i enjoyed playing with a controller.

And screw the one who wrote Perfect Dark ^^. It was a freaking masterpiece, it evolved every thing from goldeneye. And there is not a single shooter yet were you could customize the multiplayer expierence how you could do it in PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You shut your whore mouth
    ^^^^^^
    this!!!!
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Not even close to my childhood, but I wanna say FF7. Don't get me wrong, it was a good game but it was hailed as the second coming or something, and I liked FF6(3) way way better.

Everything Zelda... never understood what is good about it. Boring story. Gameplay also nothing amazing. Weird artstyle.