Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gherothar View Post
    There's actually no evidence he ever said that. Besides someone on the Internet, of course.
    https://www.nintendo-insider.com/shi...-famous-quote/

Then, when speaking to That One Video Gamer in a later interview, he expanded on such thoughts: “People really like that quote! [laughs] I think I really meant to say was that when I make a game, and if I rush to get it out on time but it’s still not done the way that I want it to be and I put it out in a state that I’m not satisfied with, I’ll never be able to take it back and I will regret it for a very long time. I never had an intention of telling anybody that they’ve made a bad game, and that it will always be bad.”

May not have said it and someone may have shortened but its not the quote but the understanding of it.

ITT
    People who assume everyone’s vacation days/annual leave/day off requests function identically to their own.
    Also ITT
    People who like to criticise others for their choice of days off because reasons.

My leave gets booked around 12-18 months in advance and in groups of 7 days minimum.
    I don’t use leave requests for WOW launches because I don’t want to take a whole week.
    Instead, I request clear days around launch and raid release to avoid being assigned a 10-14 day tour and missing the launch entirely. I do the same thing for each new tier.

I know it’s a hard concept for some to grasp, but not everyone’s job is the same as yours.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-10-02 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4justice View Post
    if you dont listen players, you will fail in the end
    Listening to players got us LFD, LFR, Legendaries for all, infinite progression systems, valor gear with no caps, caps, scaled PvP, no queues...

All of these systems have at one point of time been what has killed wow even though they were asked for by the players. Players don't k ow what they want and should never be in control of what direction the game goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

TBF you only had another week and half anyway.

I thought the patch was landing on this upcoming Tuesday, going off that pvp announcement they made last Monday (or the Monday before that?). Would've been nice to know sooner that I didn't have to mad rush last minute things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    24th is a major US holiday week, I do really doubt that.
    Also a date where people have days off. In these circumstances, anything is possible.

Good choice. It really doesn't feel "done" yet.

I was one that had put in for time off. I work in an industry that has not shut down at all during Covid and had to have some leave at some point BEFORE the stupid season (Mid Nov - Late Dec). Shadowlands had been perfect timing. Sucks to be me I guess. Now I'll have to cancel my leave and pray my knee pads aren't worn out and my chapstick is handy.

Let's forget about that though, WHEN is a likely date now? November 15th? Straight after US Thanks Giving? Can't be mid December because of Xmas/New Year. So does that leave it til Jan 5th or 12th? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    The delay is probably good for the game but why do you feel the need to laugh at those who had booked time off to do something they enjoy and it has now been crapped on. Says more about you in all honesty.

It does say something about me I know, it says I find it funny people are ranting about having holiday time when the xpac isn't released yet like they are entitled to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I didn't. I expected Blizzard telling devs to launch expac anyway, no matter how many bugs stay on release.
    The devs ARE Blizzard. They’re the ones that design the game and determine when it can be ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    It does say something about me I know, it says I find it funny people are ranting about having holiday time when the xpac isn't released yet like they are entitled to something.
    Nice sense of humour bud

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shame, but I'm all in favor of them delaying it 'til it's ready.

Got a refund. Took about 5 minutes, most of which was me writing why. $59.99 more I can spend on my kids Christmas this year. SL beta is really good.. the things we actually care about - content - is pretty much ready to go. The new systems are not, and they won't be with just a bit of polish, as many have been saying. I'll re-purchase if I like what I see.

I'm glad to hear this news. This expansion needs to be good.

fuk u blizz and fuk u if you think its "Better to release a good product, it will be still a shit release and imbalanced expac at launch, ppl will still cry, ppl will still hate it; the only difference is that blizz hyped a date and now am screwed with nothing to play late October.

Now i have to wait till first week of December..... sigh -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    people plan lives around games?

damn I wish I could still do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Man, if only Blizzard didn't have to spend time balancing those goddamn covenants and made them cosmestic only
    I totally agree! just make them like reputation with glorious cosmetic stuff like mounts, pets and awesome questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Now i have to wait till first week of December..... sigh -_-
    Who said first week of December? They only said later this year

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    The funniest part is the fact that people think this delay will actually make SL Godlike.

It's gonna be unbalanced trash like always LOL.
    Seriously. All these "BRAVO! Just like the old Blizzard!" comments are incredibly cringey. This is not something to applaud them for. Someone there screwed up and should never have announced such an early release date. That was the mistake. And it will 100% still be unbalanced as heck.

I'm not busting balls on people taking vacation time to play the new expansion, that's cool. I never thought of doing that, good idea and probably fun actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lmao imagine taking vacation to play wow... My god.
    People can take vacation for literally whatever they want. Maybe they want time off to relax away from work? Also it's COVID time so travel is limited and some jobs don't let you save up PTO past the year or a certain limit.