Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But Trump totally has the virus under control we are turning the corner as he said a few days ago, if he dies from this that would make me believe in karma.
    Speaking of which... Will trump admit outright he has corona?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    But Trump totally has the virus under control we are turning the corner as he said a few days ago, if he dies from this that would make me believe in karma.
    I mean, I guess NYState could take all Trump's stolen money from his estate. I'd rather he watch, weeping, from prison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    If he vanishes for two weeks after tweeting going into isolation -- not just no public appearances but nothing at all -- it doesn't matter what he admits.

If he dies, there will be no denying that, either.

We're putting the cart before the horse's ass here. Let's give it a few days and see if he dodged what at his age and health is less figuratively a bullet.

Even if he is positive he wouldn't but considering he is morbidly obese on who knows how many drugs it's highly unlikely he would escape it without being hospitalized.

You guys are missing a key thing: a leader getting sick can often garner sympathy. FDR certainly did when he got polio.

It might sway some Independents to cast a sympathy vote for him if he gets seriously ill, which is why I hope he shows no symptoms if he does get it and then continues to double down on the hoax conspiracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You guys are missing a key thing: a leader getting sick can often garner sympathy.
    Trump is not a leader. Trump is a loser.

And FDR didn't call polio a fucking hoax.

It would be lovely if Trump and Pence both get it bad enough to be on a ventilator in the ICU,but not enough to kill them,just enough that they both get 25'thed from office and we get President Pelosi for a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, I guess NYState could take all Trump's stolen money from his estate. I'd rather he watch, weeping, from prison.

If he vanishes for two weeks after tweeting going into isolation -- not just no public appearances but nothing at all -- it doesn't matter what he admits.

If he dies, there will be no denying that, either.

We're putting the cart before the horse's ass here. Let's give it a few days and see if he dodged what at his age and health is less figuratively a bullet.
    I agree one thing about Trump the asshole has a rabbit's foot up his ass he was born lucky he proves the adage better be lucky than smart.

At the same time, can you imagine the movie about this time period if the guy who has been calling this pandemic a political hoax ends up in the hospital due to it.

And you guys aren't considering this: Rick Wilson et al will gladly go to the polls and vote for a President Pence. They think THAT version of the GOP is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    sympathy
    Oh wait I forgot one. The people who have sympathy for people who are sick or hurt wouldn't follow Trump anyhow. We've all seen them. Remember how Florida mocked New York earlier on?

- - - Updated - - -

Rick Wilson et al will gladly go to the polls and vote for a President Pence. They think THAT version of the GOP is fine.
    If the people like Rick Wilson outnumbered the rabid fanbase, we wouldn't have this Shitshow thread to debate the topic.

You guys are missing a key thing: a leader getting sick can often garner sympathy. FDR certainly did when he got polio.

It might sway some Independents to cast a sympathy vote for him if he gets seriously ill, which is why I hope he shows no symptoms if he does get it and then continues to double down on the hoax conspiracy.
    To me, those "Independents" were going to likely vote for him anyways. They are just lying to themselves and to others if they state otherwise. Besides, voting for a sick man to do probably the most stressful job in the world is nothing but careless and frankly, stupid.

With that said, I don't want him to get sick. I want him to be healthy enough to witness getting outvoted so he can live through everything that happens once he's out of office. I want him to experience countless days in courtrooms. Dealing with the massive amounts of lawsuits awaiting him and also his kids. I want him to see everyone celebrate him no longer being president. I want him to pay for his deeds.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

I agree one thing about Trump the asshole has a rabbit's foot up his ass he was born lucky he proves the adage better be lucky than smart.
    better to be rich than both of those. His whole story is he had easy access to capital through birthright, thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

President Kanye lets go

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    better to be rich than both of those. His whole story is he had easy access to capital through birthright, thats it.
    Being born in the right belly is luck too

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel compelled to cite this CNN article that was posted at noon, before the White House lost all Hope.

The first masks arrived on the White House grounds in February by special order of the National Security Council, mobilizing early on to address the emerging threat of the coming coronavirus. Job One in their emergency response was to take personal precautions, preparing for the critical work at hand, multiple officials tell CNN.

But word that some NSC staffers were being told to wear masks quickly made its way back to the West Wing and it wasn't long before a sharp dictum came down.
    "If you have the whole West Wing running around wearing masks, it wasn't a good look," one administration official recalled of the directive that came down from senior staff and lawyers.

The West Wing wanted to "portray confidence and make the public believe there was absolutely nothing to worry about," the official said, revealing the image-conscious reason for the opposition to masks for the first time.

The officials all requested anonymity either because they were not authorized to discuss the matter or because they were sharing private conversations with people currently in the administration. But they tell a consistent story of how White House attempts to deal with the virus were dogged by President Donald Trump's fixation on one thing: optics.
    *ahem*

portray confidence and make the public believe there was absolutely nothing to worry about
    make the public believe there was absolutely nothing to worry about
    there was absolutely nothing to worry about
    nothing to worry about
    If you have the whole West Wing running around wearing masks, it wasn't a good look
    wearing masks, it wasn't a good look
    it wasn't a good look
    it wasn't good
    The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results
    The First Lady and I are waiting
    The First Lady and I

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And its a fake number.
    It's not fake. And it's very likely actually nearing 300k already, as excess deaths in the US indicate that we're under-reporting COVID deaths by about 35%.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    It would be lovely if Trump and Pence both get it bad enough to be on a ventilator in the ICU,but not enough to kill them,just enough that they both get 25'thed from office and we get President Pelosi for a couple months.
    We'd have another 200k deaths just from the right wing heads that would explode when a president pelosi happened....

- - - Updated - - -

It's FOX News' top story.

Nobody can avoid this one. At best, they'll say "he's doing the right thing, isn't that so noble and smart?" while trying to disregard everything else Trump said or did on the subject -- including letting an apparently positive person fly on a plane with him.
    hmmm i wonder if they play it off as though he got it, even though he really didn't....then talk about how tough and strong of a president he is by fighting Covid off at his age and fatness....hmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Typical Democrat tactic. Vote on a bill taht most people would like to see pass and then chastise the Republicans who dont vote for it, not because the republicans dont agree with the intent of the main message in the bill but because the democrats attach of bullshit to it that cant pass any other way and when the Republicans dont vote for it because of that bullshit. claim they are against the major topic of the bill. Most Republicans are for getting rid of preexisting conditions, its the rest of the ACA that sucks.

Also hardly anyone is rejected from insurance for preexisting conditions because it only comes into play for people who have to buy their own insurance. 90% of full time jobs offer health insurance either fully paid, partially paid by the company and occasionally paid in full by the employee, but employer plans are not subject to preexisting conditions already. t
    Man the level of bullshit you pass off as actuall knowing something.

the 90% you speak of is much lower than 90%. Those "self funded" accounts do not have to adhear to most state regulations and are binded by federal regulations only. Till the ACA they did not have to, and most had the ability to reject claims for "pre-exsisting".
    Companies/corporations had the right to "buy up" the allowance for pre-exsisting but of course these are corporations we are talking about so many did not.

Its not just pre-exsiting. it was also lifetime and yearly limits that were abolished. Forced these companies to cover standard services like pregnancy and delivery.

So you are 100% wrong.

And in a way I kind of support rejecting people with preexisting conditions because the reason they have them is they either refused to have insurance (didnt want to pay for it) until they had a condition that was going to be costly, or left their insurance lapse and then want to renew it when they need it.

Its no different than someone getting in a car accident and then calling Geico expecting to take out a policy to cover it, but never had car insurance for the 10 years before that
    Here is the problem.

You work for a company for 25 years. Pay X over 25 years and never use a dime of insurance. Company lays you off or goes out of business. You move jobs and start with a new company paying Y from now on.

Insurance companies all have people who pay for decades without using.
    So much so that they do not lose money when 100 new customers come on with a new illness/pre exsisting and hardly paying any premium because they already collected premiums from 10,000 who left without ever having to spend a dime on them.

See that is how health insurance works.
    It spreads the risk out across the whole population.
    If you didn't have this health insurance for some people would cost thousands and any female in their 20-30's would be paying tens of thousands a month just on the fact thay could get pregnant.

You also explained why the individual mandate was needed, you know the very thing you and your ilk were against. That way you had protection against those outliers.
    your opinion is that if they end up with something, just let them die in the streets because they didn't have insurance for a few years. Great

Most Pre-Exsisting conditions are not known so your example of getting into a car wreck is bad faith arguement.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

It's FOX News' top story.

Nobody can avoid this one. At best, they'll say "he's doing the right thing, isn't that so noble and smart?" while trying to disregard everything else Trump said or did on the subject -- including letting an apparently positive person fly on a plane with him.
    Trump told Hannity that it was diffcult for him and those close to him to avoid the virus since so many others, including members of the military, try to interact with them.

"It's very hard when you're with soldiers, when you are with airmen, when you're with the Marines, and the police officers, I'm with them so much. And when they come over to you, it's hard to say, 'stay back, stay back.' You know, it's a tough kind of a situation, it's a terrible thing," he said.

"I just went for a test, and we'll see what happens. I mean, who knows ... I was surprised to hear with Hope, but she's a very warm person with them."
    Jesus fucking christ, it's literally always about him. It's not like he has an army of secret service agents and state/local police, plus apparently additional personal security, that are at events creating a near impenetrable shield around him if necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, it's literally always about him. It's not like he has an army of secret service agents and state/local police, plus apparently additional personal security, that are at events creating a near impenetrable shield around him if necessary.
    I mean I was reading it more as he was blaming the military and SS staff around him for giving it to him, which is just as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Potus is positive. I repeat, POTUS is positive
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Potus is positive. I repeat, POTUS is positive
    i recommend a strong course of hydroxychloroquine