Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It honestly looks neat and polished already. Only issue is the common complaint of slow combat pacing. I'd hate to take spend 2-3 minutes killing every pack of basic mobs. Maybe that's intended since it doesn't look as populated of enemies as other ARPGs. What I would be most excited for is group dungeon content. I've always had an itch to play something like WoW but with a top-side view.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I can't say I'm interested as I'm not really a MOBA fan, I've always been intrigued by the idea of taking a typically competitive genre (like a fighting game, card game, racing game) and building an MMORPG framework around it. I wonder if it would work, with that genre's gameplay loop complimenting the MMO, or if the MMO framework would only become a barrier to get to the core gameplay.

So, after delving into this project, I have a few red flags:

• They have practically confirmed LIMITED legendaries, meaning few people can have them.
    • Gearscore is confirmed.

With regards to limited legendaries, this creates a power disparity with a select few people having access to specific legendaries. I don't think this is good. Personally I feel like it sounds great on paper, but what it does is create an imbalance in the community.

I don't like gearscore, period. "LF 1 DPS for xx 1000 GS NEEDED!". It ends up never helping anyone and alienates people who are trying to get into things and actually can perform adequately compared to the content.

They've mentioned that gearscore will help in calculating weak vs. strong opponents in terms of honor. I absolutely buy this, I just don't see why it needs to be visible as it brings the toxic Gearscore MMO-culture with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a Diabloesque ARPG(If I'm looking plainly at the camera viewpoint).

They've mentioned that gearscore will help in calculating weak vs. strong opponents in terms of honor. I absolutely buy this, I just don't see why it needs to be visible as it brings the toxic Gearscore MMO-culture with it.
    Even without this, it would still be there, its a cultural problem and not a game feature issue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Looks like a Diabloesque ARPG(If I'm looking plainly at the camera viewpoint).

Even without this, it would still be there, its a cultural problem and not a game feature issue.
    Mentality is there, yes, but they wouldn't be actively supporting it mechanically which is a big deal.

Having played both styles, it's definitely a red flag for me. I'm not a part of the demographic that will get affected by this since I already have a guild, but I know enough to know that it will harm new/solo players who just want to get involved with the game.

To me, doing it like they do now is basically provide an alcoholic with all the alcohol they want. It doesn't help them.

Some updates

COREPUNK QUARTERLY UPDATE Q2 2020 [little late to call it q2 but okay]

https://corepunk.com/en/news/article/30

Some fun information in there, biggest news being a goal of a December CBT instead of OBT like originally planned.

They also did an AMA on r/MMORPG that had a ton of information about the game
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm...game_designer/

Was hoping we would get more gameplay soon, we'll see. Still think this remains the safest bet for a good new mmo.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

no gameplay showcase in a quarterly update? seems iffy

tbf, im not really interested in it. the videos i've seen seem slow and boring. apart, B2P in a new mmo is a big nono for me. got burnt too many times.
    either make it real F2P with cosmetic shop, or subscription with free testing month.

15+ Year Old Account
    This looks amazing to me.
    It could scratch the right itch before Diablo 4.
    It doesn't seem to be a MOBA type of game, just top-down view.

I'm loving the look of this game. Definitely gonna give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This looks amazing to me.
    It could scratch the right itch before Diablo 4.
    It doesn't seem to be a MOBA type of game, just top-down view.

The combat is very MOBA-like, that's all. So if people don't like MOBAs they should stay away.

looking hot and cant wait to play this

Heard about this game a while back and I'm kinda interested in this. Not sure why they keep putting an emphasis on the fog of war feature though. Seems like a strange thing to emphasise but I guess we'll see more in time.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeGlory View Post
    Heard about this game a while back and I'm kinda interested in this. Not sure why they keep putting an emphasis on the fog of war feature though. Seems like a strange thing to emphasise but I guess we'll see more in time.

It's supposed to be a MOBA-MMO, so they're focusing on mechanics like that to create a unique experience.

PvP cannot be turned off, so fog of war is a meaningful mechanic in terms of your own safety.

That combat looks boring though. Most of it was just sitting around auto attacking while you wait for your 10s to 120s cooldowns. And it looks like you're going to always be sitting on those CD's too in case you get ganked.

Very cool concept though.
    I'm a thread killer.