Poll: How do you feel about the goblin model updates(each gender)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Main thing that bothers me is the jagged, polygonal feet with the toes all glued together.
    Kupo.

What does it matter if the options are great, you chose a goblin, theyre small so you can't really see them and they're meant to be ugly. They were ugly before so you should have been okay with no updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    Main thing that bothers me is the jagged, polygonal feet with the toes all glued together.
    all races have that. Check Trolls, Night Elves, Blood Elves, and Humans
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

female goblin shoulders float 10ft above their actual shoulders. It ruins the race. They use goblin male shoulder models.

7+ Year Old Account
    they are not bad, just lackluster, blizzard tend to do a hal-asset work with less popular races

I don't really play male goblin so I frankly haven't noticed. The female goblins look great though.

And by extension, I can't believe how well they actually managed to salvage the female worgen from the atrocity they used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I like my goblin just fine (female warlock), I just wish their Heritage armor was something totally different. For me, it doesn't really fit with any class and I don't use it, which is disappointing. YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Blizzard updated the goblin models in 8.2.5. However similar to when they gnomes got their models updated, there is some dissenting opinions as to whether the new models were done properly. I for one feel they ruined the male goblin models, but the females look 110% better than before. So here is a poll since I am curious what y'all think about this.
    My horde main is a female goblin and I LOVE how her updated model looks - it is better looking in every way.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    My horde main is a female goblin and I LOVE how her updated model looks - it is better looking in every way.

Yea. She does look great. I really do think they really did the female goblin model updates amazingly. So. My issues with the male goblin models updates:

1. They have permasmiles now. That sucks for someone wanting to play a goblin that looks crooked, crazy, demented or up to no good.
    2. The eyes added some uncanny valley issues. Previously the eyes looked more monstrous. Now to me they feel kind of out of place.
    3. Faces loook like they've had too much plastic surgery.
    4. For some odd reason they made the heads a bit bigger and blockier.
    5. They don't look as gritty as they used to.

The only two issues I can think of with the female goblin models is:

1. Same face sydrome.
    2. Eyebrows don't change color, but I understand this is getting changed in shadowlands.

Overall though, I still consider it like 110% improvement. These are just my opinions of course too. I am sure many love the male goblin model updates as they are now.

can someone post before/after shots? To me they look exactly the same. And thats coming from a goblin player throughout CATA

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing this new trend called uncanny..

What does it even mean lol?

Like many of the new models, they suffer from same face syndrome, which has robbed most of the faces of their personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Didn't even know they got updated, guess I'll have to go take a look.
    This was exactly what I thought when I seen this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    can someone post before/after shots? To me they look exactly the same. And thats coming from a goblin player throughout CATA
    Male

Female

I keep seeing this new trend called uncanny..
    Not a trend. Uncanny valley is when something artifical looks a little too close to human without being close enough resulting in the brain telling you something is not right.

This robot for example.

Gallywix stole all the goblin customization options when he jiggled out of Orgs back gate when Sylvanas was smoke puffing away after killing Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Male
    Thanks. So apparently they fucked the faces. The rest of the model body looks better, higher poly count and higher res textures. Unnoticeable really unless A/B comparison. Specially since Goblins are such small models.

One thin I did notice is the shoulder armor on the females seems like floating over their shoulder and Im pretty positive this wasn't the case with the old moldel. I see this happening to other models too like the Female Undead. Really ruins the whole look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad they didnt fix the goblin female shoulderpad positioning. Too far from the head that it looks like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I'm sad they didnt fix the goblin female shoulderpad positioning. Too far from the head that it looks like shit.
    I agree that most shoulder armor looks 'off' on them. More often than not I hide it with transmog because of that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree that most shoulder armor looks 'off' on them. More often than not I hide it with transmog because of that.
    Right?

They look *so* good otherwise, but it looks awful from behind due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    One thin I did notice is the shoulder armor on the females seems like floating over their shoulder and Im pretty positive this wasn't the case with the old moldel. I see this happening to other models too like the Female Undead. Really ruins the whole look.
    It was there previously as well.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2020-10-02 at 08:19 AM.