Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is OANN right now.
    So...I'm guess that that "cost of illegal immigration" graphic is what they chose to put up because they couldn't possibly acknowledge that covid is a thing? Or is that just a staple of the website? I wouldn't be surprised either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So...I'm guess that that "cost of illegal immigration" graphic is what they chose to put up because they couldn't possibly acknowledge that covid is a thing? Or is that just a staple of the website?
    I have no idea. I've never been there before and I'm never going back. Top story on the fucking planet is Trump infected with a lethal disease and they don't mention it once? Even Trump tweeted about it, so there goes that excuse.

And I don't want to hear "well it's night, they don't update". Bullshit. "It was night" is the excuse a one-man team can give. OANN is supposed to be a media outlet with more than one person.

And the only ads on the site were Trump and OANN itself.

I have no idea. I've never been there before and I'm never going back. Top story on the fucking planet is Trump infected with a lethal disease and they don't mention it once? Even Trump tweeted about it, so there goes that excuse.

And I don't want to hear "well it's night, they don't update". Bullshit. "It was night" is the excuse a one-man team can give. OANN is supposed to be a media outlet with more than one person.

And the only ads on the site were Trump and OANN itself.
    It's weird, even Breitbart has this major news on it;'s frontpage, sure with all of the downplaying up till now their readers think that Corona virus is a hoax and overblown so Trump will be fine but still.

Maybe OANN readers don't really overlap with other right-wing trash "news" outlets. So keep your readers ignorant and focus on other stuff.

Top story on the fucking planet is Trump infected with a lethal disease and they don't mention it once?
    Well, I don't know about top story on the planet...but even Fox felt it was important enough to lead with it. Then again, I did see a Ben Garrison comic basically calling them a leftist rag, so maybe he was right all along!

I woke up to learning this info. I find it incredibly funny. His first reaction must have been, ‘fake news!’

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I woke up to learning this info. I find it incredibly funny. His first reaction must have been, ‘fake news!’
    It may yet be. The quick tests aren't as accurate.

So idk if it's been discussed, I haven't headed over to the pandemic thread lately. What do people think of the house passing a covid bill that they know 100% isn't going to pass the senate?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    So idk if it's been discussed, I haven't headed over to the pandemic thread lately. What do people think of the house passing a covid bill that they know 100% isn't going to pass the senate?
    It will be in the minds of the millions of the unemployed, furloughed, and financially beaten Americans when they go cast their votes - especially for Republican senators.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't take responsibility at all.

He should stop grabbing Hope Hicks by the nosey. Droplets and all that.

I think it's 100% he has it. They knew in the morning hope hicks was positive. They knew trump had contact with her after she was tested, he still went out to do a fundraiser, then at night he claims he was finally tested? The timeline doesn't add up. I think he was quick tested earlier in the day, it came back positive, he went to fundraise anyways while they did blood lab testing, and that finally came back to confirm the positive result.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Was it that time Tucker went "fishing" for 2 weeks?

Ohhh the other dumb ...
    Trish Regan. She got fired for calling it a hoax. https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-bu...peachment-scam

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trish Regan. She got fired for calling it a hoax. https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-bu...peachment-scam
    This part in bold from the above article.

Trump confirmed that he and the first lady were tested after Hicks’ diagnosis. “I just went out for a test. It’ll come back later, I guess. The first lady also, because we spend a lot of time with Hope.” He added of Hicks, “When soldiers and law enforcement comes up to her, you know, she wants to treat them great. Not say, ‘stay away, I can't get near you.’It’s a very tough disease.” Hicks was reportedly quarantined on Air Force One during a flight back from Minneapolis on Wednesday after experiencing symptoms this week.
    a) if soldiers and law enforcement have higher chances of being exposed to COVID, protect them?

b) ties nicely into the notion that he finds people disgusting so he goes nowhere near them on a good day of the week.

Biden should lean heavily into point a. Law and Order President but isn’t protecting our officers or servicemen and women from COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I think the Senate under Mitch McConnell is a fucking disgrace, is what I think. Because the reason it "100% isn't going to pass the Senate" isn't because it's a liberal bill or anything like that, it's because Mitch McConnell refuses to bring any bills from the House to the Senate floor at all. Moreover, on this issue in particular he has wholly abdicated responsibility by telling them that he'll pass a bill if they work it out with the White House, otherwise he won't even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I mean, on the flipside, Trump is so polarizing most people made up their minds about him a long time ago.
    I’m progressive but Carole Cadwalladr annoys the shit out of me with some of her ‘hot takes’. Good writer, but sometimes forgets context. That aside, what she’s said doesn’t apply because Boris is unfortunately VERY popular amongst Tories, who form a much larger portion of the U.K. population than non-GOPers do in the US. The average voter is an apathetic Tory voter in the U.K. Different situation entirely. Doesn’t apply.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-10-02 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think the Senate under Mitch McConnell is a fucking disgrace, is what I think. Because the reason it "100% isn't going to pass the Senate" isn't because it's a liberal bill or anything like that, it's because Mitch McConnell refuses to bring any bills from the House to the Senate floor at all. Moreover, on this issue in particular he has wholly abdicated responsibility by telling them that he'll pass a bill if they work it out with the White House, otherwise he won't even consider it.
    That's my view on it, your final sentence. What's the point of them formulating a bill in the senate and sending it over to the house to get shot down by the democrats? They need to do the work with the white house first. Don't get me wrong, there are shitheads on all sides of this situation. From the last few days of my random flipping the mainstream channels this morning, it seems like there are a few immigration issues the house wants addressed, and the house wants more money on some things, and the white house isn't willing to capitulate. The time for arguing over numbers is over. Give the fuckers their blank check and let's get these people their paychecks. My friend and I were talking yesterday (a former airlines worker) that she dodged a bullet getting out of the industry last year, because she'd probably have lost her job yesterday. I know one thing moderates and undecideds are not going to take, and it is yet another bunch of furloughed workers thanks to republicans suddenly deciding they are conservative all over again.

Oh, and McConnel and Schumer need to be in on those talks too. The last several months they've both basically been happy to lay their hats on the stand and let the other part of their legislative branch deal with the negotiations. If that Revenge of the Nerds lookin dude from the white house needs convincing on something, I'd sure as hell love to see a united congress asking for the same fucking thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Question

So word in the UK is trump and his wife have caught covid.

And when he went the hospital earlier in the year, my mum thought he looked like he had a mini stroke, apparently she was right and he has had a small stroke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-...-AZd5acwnbjX2M

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Neither Trump nor Hitler was elected democratically.
    The nazis by far the largest party. They had 230 seats in the elections in July and 196 seats in the elections in November. The total number of seats varied because the number seats elected was in direct proportion to the number of people who voted. So if more people vote, you have more seats.

In the June elections, there were a little over 600 seats. They had around 40 percent of the vote on their own right. So they were amazingly successful.
    The nazis were infact democratically elected to the German parliament with one of the largest vote shares ever recorded by a German political party, that alone should tell you how dangerous democracy can be.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-10-02 at 09:00 AM.

Looks like Skroe might've been right about Trump getting his own Mubarak moment. Then again given what a shitshow 2020's been he probably gave it to Biden who will die, while he recovers and claims it was a mix of hydroxychloroquine and bleach that did it.

Trump has rona now

74 and massively over weight hes well in the most at risk group

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Looks like Skroe might've been right about Trump getting his own Mubarak moment. Then again given what a shitshow 2020's been he probably gave it to Biden who will die, while he recovers and claims it was a mix of hydroxychloroquine and bleach that did it.
    Rona is crazy infectious, more infectious than flu, trump and Biden did share a stage for the debate, yea the distanced but thats no where near a 100% guarantee trump hasn't passed it to a bunch in the room especially with his shouting and balling.

There's actually a non 0 liklihood that both candidates could be dead before the election.

It is what it is.

Thoughts and prayers.