Poll: Increase Chromie Time Cap To 55?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chromie Time "Unforeseen Issues"

To resolve the multiple issues raised by the community on https://www.wowhead.com/news=318300/...ut-at-level-50
    would you rather Blizzard increase the Chromie Time level cap to 55 so you can complete the entire story line of an expansion?

This does not mean that SL would be 55 to 60, but continues to be 50 to 60 while giving this option to those who desire it.

Please vote with a Yes/No/Other Solution(explain).

I personally think Chromie Time should be extended to level 59, giving players the choice to continue playing in older expansions and experience end game quest lines such as Suramar. The leveling experience in SL can still be achieved from 50 to 60.

This would make a lot of sense and give players choice for their dozens of alts once these alts reach level 50.

Imagine having to grind the same SL content for 40+ alts...defeats the whole purpose and idea of variety of choice in Chromie Time.

40 times doing the same thing over and over is a guaranteed way to burn out and end up hating the content / not wanting to see / do it ever again. We will end up with a mass exodus of people to other games once the competition gets good which is likely to happen in 2021 since multiple new MMO’s are planned for release in 2021/2022.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol:
    “You should be able to continue as 50 but with 0 exp gain until you choose to leave and go exp in SL”

I’d be super happy to see kappalol’s suggestion implemented as this would emulate being at level cap in previous expansions and means being able to get gold instead of xp from end game quests. Also, this means all raids would scale to 50 which would be incredible. You get to win epics from previous raids, experience fights at Chromie Time cap level and use these epics to help you with leveling in SL.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-10-03 at 02:24 AM.

You should be able to continue as 50 but with 0 exp gain until you choose to leave and go exp in SL

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    You should be able to continue as 50 but with 0 exp gain until you choose to leave and go exp in SL
    Why not simply let chromie time be available for everyone even after shadowlands (with a cap to the content on level 50, but reduce exp-gain after 50 by 90%. (like they did for every previous expansion).

So you can actually do chromie time at level 50 even when you reach 60. This is important if you help somebody else (because a mixture of chromie time and non-chromie-time brings endless possibilities of bugs).

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't let it cap, but don't teleport someone away. Most importantly though: Don't break party sync, this is one of the best wow features ever!
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

In Shadowlands questing the main quests and the side quests are a lot more obvious to the players, I think they should do the same thing to Chromie Time so if people want to know the main story it's easier to follow. This would make it so anyone would be able to get the whole story plus a little bit of side quests and dungeons, while maintaining a quick pace.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I personally think Chromie Time should be extended to level 59, giving players the choice to continue playing in older expansions. The leveling experience in SL can still be achieved from 50 to 60.

This would make a lot of sense and give players choice for their dozens of alts once these alts reach level 50.

Imagine having to grind the same SL content for 40+ alts...defeats the whole purpose and idea of variety of choice in Chrome Time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I personally think Chromie Time should be extended to level 59, giving players the choice to continue playing in older expansions. The leveling experience in SL can still be achieved from 50 to 60.

Imagine having to grind the same SL content for 40+ alts...defeats the whole purpose and idea of variety of choice in Chrome Time.
    Normally people have no 40+ alts they want to play at max level - that's an exception to the rule. ^^ I myself have 17 chars at lvl 120, and I would wager that's not the norm either. Most people will prolly have 1-4 mains.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2020-10-02 at 02:30 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I think it should go all the way to 60. That would mean they wouldn't have to revamp it much in a few years with SL for 1-60. You'll lose out if you decide not to touch the SL content since you won't have your abilities or gated quests. Just leaves the option there.

I'd rather have them also give us the option to just flag the main story quests for us while doing chromie leveling so we aren't wasting time on side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Normally people have no 40+ alts they want to play at max level - that's an exception to the rule ^^ I myself have 17 chars at lvl 120, and I would wager that's not the norm either. Most people will prolly have 1-4 mains.
    I have 28 characters at max level, I'm excited for leveling this expansion, more so than previous expansions. Yeah prob not the norm to have that high but I play both factions.
    Last edited by Yamuri; 2020-10-02 at 02:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I would rather have them fix Chromie Time phasing first. Back during Blizzcon, they said they would phase it so that you would see the "right" Warchief/Highking for your time period, yet on the Beta I still see Sylvanas or Saurfang badly phased, sometimes even two Sylvanases.

After that, they should use Chromie Time during Timewalking weeks (so you can enjoy what OP wants) and also add Timewalking Classic.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I just hope they bring back Korrak's Revenge for the anniversary next year. I had a blast leveling all my alts in there during the 15th anniversary. And I doubt they're gonna bring it back during the 16th anniversary unless it ends before the release of SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

People with 40+ alts are outliers, and the game should not be designed around them.

Just let players decline the teleport to Orgrimmer/Stormwind. Chromie time works fine otherwise.

I would change it to:

-at level 50, all your current quests turn grey for 0xp and you are prompted a breadcrumb quest to do SL. Not teleported, just prompted in the same way it prompts you to do a new expansion now.
    -add in Taliesin's idea of having another mini-raid akin to the Exile's Reach finale at the end of your respective expansion that has you fight that expansion's end boss in a simplified format, as the finale of an order hall campaign styled TLDR questline of the expansion's main story beats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Thread won in the second post, as is often the case in MMO-Champ.

This is the correct solution. You can finish your story, and the balance of SL isn't messed with. All the other suggestions are basically just ways to get around doing SL content lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Don't let it cap, but don't teleport someone away. Most importantly though: Don't break party sync, this is one of the best wow features ever!
    Party sync is god-tier, I have to agree. Had so much more fun with friends since they put this in.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-02 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    You guys mean that currently you ding lvl50 and without any question or whatsoever you automatically teleported and not allowed to continue? Someone actually thought that's a good idea?

This is the least problematic issue about Chromie. A far more important thing is how Chromie Time works professions. In vanilla you need 300 skill to cap out your profession. It takes far more time to skill up your profession than the leveling itself, so you end up outleveling your profession making it useless.

To make it work you need to take 2-3 hours sessions of mining tons of gear here and there to keep your profession skill on par with your level.

Food also gives way too little hp and vanilla. And potions doesn't scale well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I would change it to:

-at level 50, all your current quests turn grey for 0xp and you are prompted a breadcrumb quest to do SL. Not teleported, just prompted in the same way it prompts you to do a new expansion now.
    -add in Taliesin's idea of having another mini-raid akin to the Exile's Reach finale at the end of your respective expansion that has you fight that expansion's end boss in a simplified format, as the finale of an order hall campaign styled TLDR questline of the expansion's main story beats.
    Ewww, the second point would be the worst thing they can do. No thanks, leave old expansions fights/bosses alone. What they did to the birthday fights last year was bad enough.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I would change it to:

I think it would be a great idea to give users a chance to experience end game quest lines (Suramar for example) AND add an anniversary-like multi-boss dungeon from multiple raids from the expansions you're leveling in - LFR difficulty automatically queue-able via a quest or via a UI button (not via a specific NPC somewhere in the world).

I think they made a mistake by stopping at 50 for Chromie Time and should have made it up to 59 with a choice of doing 50 to 60 in SL. Choice = Amazing WoW User Experience

5+ Year Old Account
    To resolve the multiple issues raised by the community on https://www.wowhead.com/news=318300/...ut-at-level-50
    would you rather Blizzard increase the Chromie Time level cap to 55 so you can complete the entire story line of an expansion?

This does not mean that SL would be 55 to 60, but continues to be 50 to 60 while giving this option to those who desire it.

Please vote with a Yes/No/Other Solution(explain).

I personally think Chromie Time should be extended to level 59, giving players the choice to continue playing in older expansions and experience end game quest lines such as Suramar. The leveling experience in SL can still be achieved from 50 to 60.

Imagine having to grind the same SL content for 40+ alts...defeats the whole purpose and idea of variety of choice in Chromie Time.

40 times doing the same thing over and over is a guaranteed way to burn out and end up hating the content / not wanting to see / do it ever again. We will end up with a mass exodus of people to other games once the competition gets good which is likely to happen in 2021 since multiple new MMO’s are planned for release in 2021/2022.
    I guess it depends on whether they can get this alternative levelling way in SL (Threads of Fate it is called iirc) right, or not. Right now, it is a glorious, buggy mess.

I also think that you shouldn't be kicked out of Chromie Time upon reaching 50. You should be able to continue playing on the xpac of your choice, with greatly reduced XP gains (or even without any XP at all) ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Just let people continue but penalize the XP as they continue to level. Maybe at 50 you get 20% xp reduction, 51 50%, 52 100%. Or whatever. But it should not automatically boot you out... it shoudl let you complete the story.

The leveling experience in SL can still be achieved from 50 to 60.
    What about loot from expacs vs SL?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.