Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They can keep my money. I paid for SL without a care for the release date. It's not like some rando company who may or may not push back indefinitely under the guise of 'early access' and then give up years later. Go get your refunds only to buy it again in a few weeks when they announce the new release date. Like pushing the game back a few weeks is actually enough to not want to play SL :')

Only drama queens are out here getting refunds for the delayed pre-order. They're in the vast minority and will more than likely purchase the product anyways after it's released (Which is probably why Blizzard's offering refunds so handily).
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

What if I used the boost? And re-pre-order???

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    omg hahahah refund a pre order just because they're delaying to fix bugs? Jesus dude, not saying it's you but people that would do it are so impatient, I struggle to understand how they can cope with reality being this way
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Who ever refunds for this is one big... I won't use the word here.
    When you grow up you will understand that people make different decisions than you, depending on their life-situations.

That being said, I already got my pre-order refunded but for different reasons.

Usually I'd say,

They've sold a product,
    They didn't go life to the anounced deadline because it was full of bugs
    Their communication was shit and there wasn't even some kind of 'sorry'
    That's not how IT Projects work.

Why are people praising them? Because they admitted, they didn't fix the bugs they created? Oh well, standards are really low today.

Of course they can't go life with the bugs in the game. Talents are still broken and I don't mean broken as of 'not balanced', they simply don't work at all.
    But bugs aren't a magical creation that pops out as of nowhere. That many bugs are a sign of bad quality.

This is bad. This isn't something we should celebrate like an greate achievement.

I can understand, that developing during corona is hard for a big team and giving more time is also an understandable reaction.
    But they didn't do something brave/good/respectable by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    why would anyone need a refund when it is well known practise not to preorder
    Because honestly Blizzard always was an exception from that rule until BfA and Reforged happened. You could always count on a high quality game that was worth its money at least for the first month of play.

BfA release and Reforged were big fuckups, but Blizzard showed a lot of commitment and investment in making SL great during Beta. I might not agree with all the decisions that they made, but even for me, who is very bitter about BfA, its pretty obvious how much passion and engagement they are putting into this.

I can clearly see why people would respect that and trust them once more. I personally am still too salty, but if I had preordered, I would be thankful about the delay.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2020-10-02 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    That being said, I already got my pre-order refunded but for different reasons.
    Did you get the deluxe version with boost and gametime? I just got my refund denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    why would anyone need a refund when it is well known practise not to preorder
    Expansions to a game you put thousands of hours into tend to be the exception of this rule No pre-ordering in general is a smart move, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    What if I used the boost? And re-pre-order???
    then nothing. you just reactivate what was already there, you wont get it a second time

omg hahahah refund a pre order just because they're delaying to fix bugs? Jesus dude, not saying it's you but people that would do it are so impatient, I struggle to understand how they can cope with reality being this way
    They are delaying to fix their stupid covenant shit. "We can balance this, trust us." So now not only do we have to deal with covenants the way they are, but they also caused SL to be delayed.

There are far less bugs right now, than there were at BFA launch. Far less.

Who plays wow in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Just a PSA: If you pre-ordered the game and are unhappy about the delay, Blizzard is offering refunds. I'm in for the long haul so I don't mind waiting (especially with the "we're sorry" beta invite I just got), but just in case you don't check your email often, there it is.
    Because Blizzard deals with EU citizens and they have the right to refund any pre-order before the actual release.

This is not a special charity they are offering as compensation. Its them complying with the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Did you get the deluxe version with boost and gametime? I just got my refund denied.
    Because you already consumed the gametime, if it was just Shadowlands they have to give you a refund so long as the game isn't out yet.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Cheers dude for informing us about it.

I for one, think we should keep our preorders to show Blizzard that it is completely fine to delay if needed. We all want quality, that's why we play Blizzard games in the first place (many of us anyway). Show support to this if you can. It's important
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They are delaying to fix their stupid covenant shit. "We can balance this, trust us." So now not only do we have to deal with covenants the way they are, but they also caused SL to be delayed.

There are far less bugs right now, than there were at BFA launch. Far less.
    they could just stop listening to the vocal minority that follows what some random joe online says is the covenant that gives 0.00000000001% more dps than the rest, and just let the players chose based on , you know, Roleplaying/lore reasons since the game is a literal RPG , not a moba or an fps game that needs balancing
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

they could just stop listening to the vocal minority that follows what some random joe online says is the covenant that gives 0.00000000001% more dps than the rest, and just let the players chose based on , you know, Roleplaying/lore reasons since the game is a literal RPG , not a moba or an fps game that needs balancing
    If I feel useless and/or forced to play something else, because my class is not capable of doing things good, I quit. Quite sure balance is a big factor for a ton of people.

I also refunded: simply because i had time the date they set, and i don't have time anytime in the future: i know that some here who can live through their parents credit card can't understand it but for real people the thing isn't as easy as you might think. Many people who even took off holiday from their jobs can't simply cancel their holiday and because of some twitch-streamer like asmonbald & co they rather live with bugs than can't play at all.

So yes, asking for a refund is absolutely OK, i myself did it, and if i have time i can still pay to get it. But until then i will not pay for their mismanagement. I even cancelled my pre-order for cyberpunk because of it, because i rather have my money back and give it to them back when the game comes out; but until then i have more flexibility. In the end it's their fault.

- - - Updated - - -

I just asked for a refund and they said no.

- - - Updated - - -

They said no to me.
    Just try it again: the release date was posponed and it's their fault; blizzard even sent out an e-mail for it. If you are living in the EU, blizzard simply can't refuse the cancellation; not only because of the release-date, but because you always can cancel a pre-order. (but the change of the release-date allows you to do it anyway)

I got the heroic-edition refunded, and I had used the 120-boost, so its strange you got yours denied.

I preordered before I knew a release date. Having that release date pushed back doesn't suddenly make me regret my decision. The answer to the question of whether I'm going to be playing Shadowlands when it comes out is still a solid yes. No matter when it comes out, and no matter how long it might take for me to find adequate time to commit to playing after it comes out. So... there's zero reason for me to request a refund. I doubt I'll be making any sort of stern point or gotcha to Blizzard by playing tag with the money that I fully intend to give them at the end of the day anyway.

That said, sure, others have their reasons, and they may or may not have less to do with dissatisfaction(?) with Blizzard biting the bullet and pushing the release back to shape their game, and more to do with them needing the money, or... it suddenly not being feasible under the new and uncertain timetable to actually be able to play Shadowlands. Though, I guess the question in that case is why preorder in the first place if that kind of uncertainty in a dealbreaker, since it's never certain, even with an announced date. I dunno, man. But I'm not necessarily knocking anyone who wants a refund. I'm just one of the ones who doesn't see a personal purpose in it, even at this juncture. You do you.

Im just mad because i took time of for this. We're nok talking about many days but still a waste for me.

im glad theyre delaying it. the previous release date seemed far too soon and ridiculously rushed. i didnt expect a release until december tbh.