Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Release it when you are ready, that is the best choice imo. Good luck!

I’m glad they decided to wait to make things more polished; but I’m upset I now have to cancel and try to reschedule my vacation days I had planned for it. Not a big deal, and I’m luckier than most in that I have a lot more ability to switch days around without a hassle; but, it still sucks.

Can they delay it even till january? Release it ready and not a shitshow.

Cyberpunk Cyberpunk Cyberpunk Cyberpunk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights
    Right here. You didn't know anything. Delaying is very uncharacteristic of modern day Blizzard. They also left it incredibly late to announce. Spin it however you want, you bank on the most unlikely situation and for whatever reason it happened. More than likely for completely different reasons to what you thought. At best you're like a novel that talks about a plague in 2020, randomly right for all the wrong reasons.

Let's just enjoy the fact they have delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Got a source for that year and half they need? Or just feely feels and playing on builds behind blizzard internal builds.

Can't wait to see the "fire mage + 5% dps" "balancing" come from the delay.
    Because every aspect of the game is unfinished. Some quests have bugged all their voicelines, entire classes does not work, some covenant abilities does literally 40% of an entire class' DPS, the end zone is empty and barren and so on. It is like we are still in the early stages on a beta or in the late stages of alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    sorry what i meant to say was i took a sick day. i never scheduled a whole vacation around it. im not on my high horse, i just think its funny that people schedule vacation around a game instead of actually taking a vacation.
    Small thing called covid. I dunno about you, but I can’t go on holiday because of it so what else can I use my leave on, when it has to be used by Christmas?

It's a good decision if the game will be finished for real, if it's not then fuck them.

(Yes, I will have free time on 27.10. No I didn't change my job schedule, it was just like that and that was happy coincidence)

Fantastic idea. Based on all the feedback I've seen and from the limited testing I've done, this seems like the right call to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    As expected. Was koping for the prepatch to hit sooner though. I don't mind the expansion being delayed but the prepatch content would've been great now.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    It's not going to be ready even when they do release it. This isn't the old Blizzard we used to know.
    I meant by Blizzard standards.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

People saying there vacation time is now fuxed just because you cant play wow get a grip jeez you can still play other games

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Right here. You didn't know anything. Delaying is very uncharacteristic of modern day Blizzard. They also left it incredibly late to announce. Spin it however you want, you bank on the most unlikely situation and for whatever reason it happened. More than likely for completely different reasons to what you thought. At best you're like a novel that talks about a plague in 2020, randomly right for all the wrong reasons.

Let's just enjoy the fact they have delayed.
    I've never seen someone be so salty about being wrong about a video game before. It is blatantly obvious to anyone on the Beta that it wasn't going to be released on time. There are entire classes that haven't been balanced, Covenant abilities are all extremely unbalanced, entire zone quest lines are bugged, sometimes you can't even finish Exile's Reach on Alliance side because an event won't trigger for weeks at a time. The Beta currently plays like an Alpha build where half the stuff is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    My stance on vacation is just that it's a personal risk that we alone are responsible for. I can't blame Blizzard for my potentially lost vacation time when I'm the one who decided taking vacation for something not yet released was a good idea.
    blizzard has set a precedent here. they have never before rescheduled a release of this magnitude. its not outlandish to expect blizzard to keep their commitment, when they did so for the last 15 years. of course its a personal risk, but you are allowed to feel a bit pissed at blizz for announcing it so late.

and what do you mean with "for something not yet released"? ofc its not released. almost no one can wait for a day before release to schedule a vacation. people have to commit to their vacation dates weeks and months before.

This brings joy to me. It can't be something easily decided. It's great that Blizzard admit that Shadowlands isn't up to their standard and delays it. I've wanted Legion delayed, I wanted BFA delayed but they rushed it. I really hope it's not just Covid resulting in this desition.

We as a playerbase should support this to 100%. It's an important step towards a better environment for everyone. I rather they delay then relase subpar products. Sure it sucks that they can't keep the deadline but they acknowledge this and delays it.

Keep it up Blizzard. This is a good thing. Please do it again if you ever feel the need to. We as a playerbase stand by it (I hope!).

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    People like this is why MMO-Champ is famous for it's toxicity. This comment is so unbelievably toxic but the mods won't do anything about it simply because this person didn't cuss or name call, even though "white knights" in the game world is a derogatory term.

This will be the second expansion they have delayed release of. That's a pretty phenomenal track record and more than enough for even blizzard haters to claim it wouldn't be delayed.

@ all the people crying over this delay, there is a world wide fucking pandemic going on that has killed over a million people to our knowledge. Gee, what a horrible thing for a game company to delay the release of an expansion during that. LMFAO. Get some fucking perspective.

@ all the people crying about their vacation weeks being wasted, I have no pity. You took a VACATION to sit on your asses and play a video game for a week straight. Like, what? That's just the most pathetic thing I have ever heard in my life. You all deserve it.
    well sorry m8, but you are the toxic one here right now. PPl took vacation to play a game which might be their hobby who are you to judge their hobby ? Rly...that some Ego you got there. Get down from your high horse and think about it again, there are many ppl in thins world with many problems and many living conditions. On the other note its good its postponed byt they could have done it earlier, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    It is clearly as bad as the "Negative Nellies" claim, because this is literally the only time apart from TBC that they have ever delayed an expansion. They clearly feel it is justified.
    How? Prove it. Correlation does not = causation. They were deliberately vague on why they were delaying it. For all you know, it is 99% ready, but it is that one percent that is broken enough to warrant a delay to make sure it is fixed. You don't know any of the why. All you can go is based on what you see in beta and what I see tells me it is nowhere near as bad as the "Negative Nellies" are claiming because they always over exaggerate. There is a broad range of where it could be between what the Negative Nellies claim and ready that would make them delay the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I've never seen someone be so salty about being wrong about a video game before. It is blatantly obvious to anyone on the Beta that it wasn't going to be released on time. There are entire classes that haven't been balanced, Covenant abilities are all extremely unbalanced
    This has never been balanced in the game's history. That is not the issue here.
    , entire zone quest lines are bugged, sometimes you can't even finish Exile's Reach on Alliance side because an event won't trigger for weeks at a time. The Beta currently plays like an Alpha build where half the stuff is missing.
    This is utterly false. The beta is far beyond being an "alpha build with half of things missing". 98% of the game is ready to go.

I appreciate that they have the capability to step back if needed in order to improve what needs to be improved.
    GG

Maybe they delayed the expansion because everyone was bitching so much. They prob was like: ”fine we just delay the expansion and they be happy lol”

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Its gonna be wod levels bad.
    Prove it. Give me your evidence.