Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Weird. I wonder if that was an oversight, oddball choice, or maybe just because Satyr don't have a female model? At least I don't think they ever got one, and they just grabbed a female demon model they did have on hand?
    No idea there. There appears to have been plans for a female Satyr model in Legion based on its art panels, but it seems to have not made it into the game:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Weird. I wonder if that was an oversight, oddball choice, or maybe just because Satyr don't have a female model? At least I don't think they ever got one, and they just grabbed a female demon model they did have on hand?
    Considering the age of the quest, probably the latter. If it were made now she'd probably have been given a demon hunter player model.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No idea there. There appears to have been plans for a female Satyr model in Legion based on its art panels, but it seems to have not made it into the game:

They have made it into HS and WC3R now, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They have made it into HS and WC3R now, however.
    I've seen the WC3R version, but I didn't know there was an HS one.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the WC3R version, but I didn't know there was an HS one.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Nope...there are Demonic Races...Felguards, Imps, Infernals, Shivarra etc....all demonic races, born of fel, not something afflicted with it. I suppose you could call them Fel Races too.
    Wrong. Try again.

In the original old lore of wow the dreadlords were stated to be one of the few truly demonic species.

However a lot of retcons later blizzard changed it all and now god knows what is true...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dreadlords did it, all of it lol. I get what you are saying but I have been following some really accurate lore YouTubers that have not been wrong yet lmao.
    until officially confirmed, its nothing more than a theory. until then, dreadlords are natural demons
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    until officially confirmed, its nothing more than a theory. until then, dreadlords are natural demons
    Nope because as of now these YouTube theorists have been correct. Hell even every void whisper came true.

I don't think there is an original demonic race.

Personally I think every single demon we see used to be something non-demonic on their home planet until somehow it got infused with massive amounts of Fel energy.
    Maybe the Twisting Nether were expanding. Maybe it sucked in physical planes somehow, idk.

It would make sense as we saw how literally anything can be turned into a demon after consuming enough fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nope because as of now these YouTube theorists have been correct. Hell even every void whisper came true.
    by far not all of them lmao. you are trying to pass theories (for now) as already canon, and it just doesnt work that way
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It is looking likely that Nathrezim were not an original demonic race, consuming fel to become demons on purpose (earning them a place in the Nether to gather information/manipulate things there).
    They are naturally a demonic race because Nathreza is a planet entirely in the Twisting Nether.

There are demonic races and then there are individuals and/or entire populations that can become demonic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They are naturally a demonic race because Nathreza is a planet entirely in the Twisting Nether.
    So is Argus, which originally was not in the Nether. Becoming a demon seems to pull your planet into the Nether.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's both. There are born demons and converted demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    So is Argus, which originally was not in the Nether. Becoming a demon seems to pull your planet into the Nether.
    No. Argus wasn't naturally in the Nether. A part of was drawn into it so it was half in and half out. Nathreza is 100% part of the Twisting Nether.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2020-10-02 at 05:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. Argus wasn't naturally in the Nether. A part of was drawn into it so it was half in and half out. Nathreza is 100% part of the Twitsing Nether.
    How do we know that there's even a part of Argus in the nether?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    People think that elves with different eye colors are different races so...
    Not really...but kudos on trying to start shit that isn't even involved with the topic

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    How do we know that there's even a part of Argus in the nether?
    ....it's talked about in the questline and half of the planet is saturated with fel energy.

Possibly, but until that missive is proven conclusively to refer to the Nathrezim and that the Nathrezim are natives of the Shadowlands, I'll err on the side of established canon for the Nathrezim.
    I'd honestly be shocked if it weren't the Nathrezim tbh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'd honestly be shocked if it weren't the Nathrezim tbh...
    I think the evidence, albeit circumstantial, is heavily weighted in the direction as well. But until conclusively proven to be internally true, I think it better to not rewrite the known history of an entire species on what is at least currently an article of hearsay.