Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Legitimately I have no idea what happens now.

Trump getting Covid is basically unprecedented for a presidential election.

My intuition says that if they handle things correctly and come out with a strong response to Covid now it could help Trump... But that would require Trump to admit he was wrong.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If Trump comes out with a strong response now Biden can hammer him "he didn't care about the Corona virus...until he caught it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If Trump comes out with a strong response now Biden can hammer him "he didn't care about the Corona virus...until he caught it"
    Indeed. This is a lose/lose situation for him.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

He could absolutely, but I'm thinking we could see a rally around the flag effect and it could sway those folks who are still somehow on the fence.

Look like the RNC chairwoman, Ronna McDaniel has caught it as well.

It's beginning to look like the entire republican leadership has come down with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    One thing this announcement has done for sure... It's further exposed to the rest of us the character of the kind of people who oppose the president in this election. "See, Trump has shown America your true colors, unfortunately" to borrow an idea from Christopher Nolan.
    You are defending a man that lied about a virus he just got... that’s your character... your self diagnosis is in fact based on the lie he admitted to, but you don’t care.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If Trump does die and his administration is in-fighting like someone else claimed, what would stop China from attacking us at that moment. Being totally serious here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Look like the RNC chairwoman, Ronna McDaniel has caught it as well.

It's beginning to look like the entire republican leadership has come down with it.
    It’s what you get for having Trump as your only trusted source of everything...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    If Trump does die and his administration is in-fighting like someone else claimed, what would stop China from attacking us at that moment. Being totally serious here.
    Brains... totally serious as well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You mean when you got the disease before it even entered the USA?
    This is purely anecdotal but I know 2 people who have contracted it. It took 3 or 4 days after testing positive before symptoms started showing up. For the both of them the symptoms never went passed losing sense of taste/smell and pretty much just being incredibly tired/weak feeling and that lasted about a week.

after the symptoms subsided they retook a test and tested negative. it was roughly 2 - 2.5 weeks from positive test to negative test.

But these were both healthy individuals (one in their 20s and the other in their late 30s) which no preexisting conditions.

That, as shown a few hours back, there are planes flying ATM with orders of glassing everything if someone attacks.
    And why the actual fuck would China attack the US? You know, it's bigger trading partner?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll be disastrous if he dies from it tbh. The right needs to lose legitimately and Trump needs to be prosecuted to prevent this shit from happening again any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think two E6B Mercury aircraft were scrambled last night.

Y'all, the continuity of government contingencies developed during the Cold War haven't gone away. You aren't gonna make us "feel bad" about Trump catching COVID, so stop trying with this obvious scaremongering now that shaming hasn't worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Being totally serious here.
    And that's what's scary. You are the punchline to a bad joke and the amount of times you come off as unhinged in your posts worries a lot of people.

Other than that it would be suicide? And probably the start of WW3?

Other than that it would be suicide? And probably the start of WW3?
    China is a military titan with sights on conquest though. Something Trump says often is how he will protect us from China and does it better than anyone else before him. Well if he's dead, then by his logic that would be a moment of a nation being defenseless.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Legitimately I have no idea what happens now.

Trump getting Covid is basically unprecedented for a presidential election.

My intuition says that if they handle things correctly and come out with a strong response to Covid now it could help Trump... But that would require Trump to admit he was wrong.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It really isn't unprecedented, similar situations have risen frequently. This one might even be nothing at all, because Trump isn't showing any symptoms yet, and may not. While he is in several high risk categories, it is still basically a dice roll if it is serious or not. One nat 20 on his fort save and he will be fine.

As far as historically, Presidents have been seriously ill pretty often, each causing its own unique crisis of power. The 25th Amendment was created after Wilson was completely incapacitated for over a year (And his administration hid it). William Henry Harrison caught pneumonia at his inauguration and died.

In the context of presidents running for reelection, Eisenhower was diagnosed with Crohn's disease right before his reelection, and had a couple major surgeries. Despite being in pretty serious condition, he both won and recovered. JFK had a whole host of serious issues, all of which he hid. Reagan had massive amounts of serious issues, some of which were seriously controversial at the time, as he looked really rough at the first debate with Mondale, and was actually diagnosed with Cancer shortly after reelection. He rather famously cruised to reelection in a landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    China is a military titan with sights on conquest though. Something Trump says often is how he will protect us from China and does it better than anyone else before him. Well if he's dead, then by his logic that would be a moment of a nation being defenseless.
    "His logic" is fascist propaganda, not reality. Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know Trump's administration hasn't been running the show his entire presidency right? The military shows him cute charts, they keep going on autopilot, he occasionally throws wrenches at them, they go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    You know Trump's administration hasn't been running the show his entire presidency right? The military shows him cute charts, they keep going on autopilot, he occasionally throws wrenches at them, they go on.
    Trump Supporters: Trump hasn't done anything because he's being thwarted by the Deep State.
    Also Trump Supporters: Trump is so instrumental to the functions of government that him even being incapacitated is the literal end of the US.

It's such obvious ur-fascist nonsense.

Fascist societies rhetorically cast their enemies as "at the same time too strong and too weak." On the one hand, fascists play up the power of certain disfavored elites to encourage in their followers a sense of grievance and humiliation. On the other hand, fascist leaders point to the decadence of those elites as proof of their ultimate feebleness in the face of an overwhelming popular will.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    My first guess would be the US Navy. The Air Force would probably have something to say about it as well. The Army and Marine Corp would mostly cheer from the sidelines.

Seriously, you don't need a President to tell you to fight back if someone actually attacks the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    This is purely anecdotal but I know 2 people who have contracted it. It took 3 or 4 days after testing positive before symptoms started showing up. For the both of them the symptoms never went passed losing sense of taste/smell and pretty much just being incredibly tired/weak feeling and that lasted about a week.

after the symptoms subsided they retook a test and tested negative. it was roughly 2 - 2.5 weeks from positive test to negative test.

But these were both healthy individuals (one in their 20s and the other in their late 30s) which no preexisting conditions.
    I'd be more predisposed to believe he had gotten the disease, if he didn't claim it happened in November.
    Putin khuliyo