Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Just a PSA: If you pre-ordered the game and are unhappy about the delay, Blizzard is offering refunds. I'm in for the long haul so I don't mind waiting (especially with the "we're sorry" beta invite I just got), but just in case you don't check your email often, there it is.
    Can you call it a refund? It is legal for them to charge you now? I though the practice is they can only charge you when the product is shipped. Do you mean you cancel the pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Here is the relevant excerpt :

During this additional time, we'll be focusing on further polishing the overall experience, as well as fine-tuning and balancing aspects of the endgame—helping ensure what's waiting for you on your journey into the Shadowlands meets our high standards and your high expectations. We think you'll enjoy this expansion even more as a result of the extra work, but we understand if you're disappointed by the wait—if you'd prefer a refund*, please visit our Customer Support site.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is irrelevant for the service, because you can use the service.
    The pre-purchase is not a service, but a product - and that product guaranteed delivery this year.

Just contact Blizzard - they are allowing the refund, no need to be irrational.
    Quote Originally Posted by majkos View Post
    This is very similar procedure as reporting to the bank than your card was stolen and you want all transactions refunded.

Don't do this, this will mark your transaction as fraudulent in Blizzard's system.
    Your account will be flagged as "suspicious/potentially stolen".

Best case scenario you won't be able to use that credit card to purchase anything from Blizzard.
    Worst case, your account will be suspended until Blizzard's lawyers will resolve dispute vs your bank, which might take a while.

Forcing bank to get your money back from another company is always a last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    This would be fraud as I’m pretty sure the preorder says delays are possible.

Also - Blizzard will lock your account until you pay them.
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't mind having your account permabanned till paid, sure. (And before someone jumps on Blizzard, this is pretty standard practice in the game industry. Charge back something you bought, the account is locked till paid.)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. That makes sense. It didn't disappear, but you can't use it, either.

(To be clear, I'm not going for a refund, either. It'll come when it's ready. I have work to do, etc, so WoW is not my life, like some around here.)
    Only do this as a very last resort, as like you said they can lock your bnet balance in the negative until you've paid the money for the expansion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Only do this as a very last resort
    Do it if you just changed your mind ... Blizzard are allowing refunds... go ahead and do it, no need to commit fraud or go nuts with lawyers or anything.

Just get a refund if you want it - from Blizzard.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Can you call it a refund? It is legal for them to charge you now? I though the practice is they can only charge you when the product is shipped. Do you mean you cancel the pre-order?
    What? If you pre-order a game you are charged the money right away.
    But in the EU a company has to give you a refund if the product has not shipped yet, and for Blizzard its easier to just give that option to all its customers rather then limit it to only the EU.
    (this is also why those who bought a bundle that includes gametime can't get a refund because they already got (part) of the product with the gametime and that cannot be undone)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    delaying an unfinished product to release an unfinished product anyway is kinda lame
    I'd refund if I pre-ordered
    thats why they delay it. to (hopefully) NOT release an unfinished product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I just asked for a refund for my Epic edition, used the level 120 boost and game time.
    Will let you know if they actually refund
    they will. but my guess is that the game time will not be refunded as you have used it up already or the account gets locked untill you pay for the sub again and the character you boosted will be unplayable untill you pay for the boost again.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    You got infracted for that? lmfao. The moderation on this forum has become a fucking joke.

inb4 another ban.
    ikr? Typical MMO-Champion topic is discrediting what people above us are saying, anything else that you say is considered "trolling" and you get infracted

inb4 this is also considered trolling
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I just asked for a refund for my Epic edition, used the level 120 boost and game time.
    Will let you know if they actually refund
    well you lose your boost and gametime for obvious reasons

dunno why you even want a refund ??? The Game will come out and you gonna play it anyway

In Blizzards defense, even after announcing the original release date, it still mention by December of 2020. So they kind of left the delay option open from the start. And if you HAD to have it at that original date, then wait to buy it AT that date. It would keep these kinds of threads from being a thing, but that is just my opinion.

Drama queens who want attention.
    Theyd be the first ones complaining about an "unfinished" release and STILL be whining about refunds here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To be fair, part of the challenge is taken away from keystone master when you can target exactly what affixes you want to test and can straight up pick the keystone you're missing.

That being said, yeah a delay isn't the worst that could happen, but I do feel bad for people who took off of work.
    Yeah I’ve felt that sting but the ppl on Twitter and forums saying “omg blizzard you liars I’m getting a refund you should just release it and fix later” are nuckin futs.

It’s going to be a 6 week delay I think

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Yeah I’ve felt that sting but the ppl on Twitter and forums saying “omg blizzard you liars I’m getting a refund you should just release it and fix later” are nuckin futs.

It’s going to be a 6 week delay I think
    I guess they'd rather have a buggy experience than a smooth one. Although I've seen a few people hoping this means they're getting rid of covenants and I'm equally confused by that thought.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it's 6 weeks. My logic is if it was 2 weeks, they would have said it. 3-4 weeks puts it close to US Thanksgiving. So doesn't seem unlikely that it might come after that, but before Christmas.

It does put in light even more why they announced that they were making the pre-patch and the actual expansion launch two different patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that refund will buy it again anyway on release. lul
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I guess they'd rather have a buggy experience than a smooth one. Although I've seen a few people hoping this means they're getting rid of covenants and I'm equally confused by that thought.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it's 6 weeks. My logic is if it was 2 weeks, they would have said it. 3-4 weeks puts it close to US Thanksgiving. So doesn't seem unlikely that it might come after that, but before Christmas.

It does put in light even more why they announced that they were making the pre-patch and the actual expansion launch two different patches.
    My guess is still the 17th, but yea, people are going to be sad panda's if they think they're going to massively change anything related to covenants in this time period.

So many people judging on other peoples choices that they have nothing to do with in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    People that refund will buy it again anyway on release. lul
    Probably yes, but until then you have the flexibility of having your money back. Maybe someone who has a enhanced edition give it back and later only buys the base version.
    For others who doesn't have the time to play anymore because they already used their holiday for the expected release of wow they might not buy it. Especially many people who work in sales a mid november or later release means that they can't play the game until christmas (simply because there is no holiday before christmas for them, because it's the most important shopping season of the year)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theClicker View Post
    In Blizzards defense, even after announcing the original release date, it still mention by December of 2020. So they kind of left the delay option open from the start. And if you HAD to have it at that original date, then wait to buy it AT that date. It would keep these kinds of threads from being a thing, but that is just my opinion.
    Nope, when they released the release date, anything after this would fall under "false advertisment". Even if they didn't change the date on the shopping page, when they say the game gets released on date x, but then gets delayed, they can't use this as an excuse for not refunding things, at least that's the law where i live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You shouldn't fucking preorder in the first place. Stop giving companies money today for a product they might deliver tomorrow.
    Had to pre-order. Already seeing physical collector's edition sold out but with pre-order there's no worry.

To be honest as far as i remember when pre order came up deadline was settled on 31 Dec. 2020. I think they changed expansion's release time cause it's not ready yet at all. Not cause "polishing". I'm sure you can't expect full refund if you have cancelled subscription and bought most expensive variant.
    For me it's doesn't matter, i bought pre order only cause it's WoW and i would buy expansion later after release even if would be rate as a total sh@t just to check it myself (and im a bit addicted but shss...)

Quote Originally Posted by dragi View Post
    I think they changed expansion's release time cause it's not ready yet at all. Not cause "polishing". I'm sure you can't expect full refund if you have cancelled subscription and bought most expensive variant.
    For the bazillionth time ... Blizzard have sent out an email including an offer to give you refunds if you desire.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    What if I used the boost? And re-pre-order???
    If you used the boost, odds are they will refuse the preorder refund as you have already consumed part of the product you paid for, going by their standard from Legion and BFA. If you get the refund they will likely prorate the cost of the boost from your refund; if you preorder afterwards you get a boost again since they prorated the cost of your level boost from the refund, meaning they treated it as you paying for the level boost rather than the preorder.

Another possibility is they give you the full refund, but lock the boosted character until you preorder again or purchase a level boost. This is probably the more likely scenario. In this case, if you refund, the character gets locked, and you re-preorder, the locked character is unlocked.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by DiveBarBeautyQueen View Post
    If you're gong to purchase the product anyways, why does it matter when you give them the money? The price isn't any different.
    Yes it does. It's a market signal to the company that you will give them your money no matter how crappy the product they deliver. It's a self-defeating practice.