Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pto is for whatever you want it for. Luckily I have 2 weeks. I scheduled 1 for launch but the crux is my company does not allow vacation time for the month of December so rip me. I have another week I have to take before March and after March I get 3 weeks vacation so I guess I’ll have it for a patch launch if I deem it good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I... didn't though? Where did I do that?
    you are defending these people. so 1 can asume you basically have the same mindset. otherwise this thread wouldnt exsist

15+ Year Old Account
    Because its shitty behavior that should be called out?
    I think its just the opposite. You believing you know what's best for others is shitty behavior. Unless you know someone's situation, stay out of their business, as it is none of your concern. I get why people are upset when your company requires you to schedule PTO, and it gets screwed up because of no fault of your own.
    As for having to schedule a year in advance for time off.. sucks to be you.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

How about you just wait till the day before the game officially launches and use sick days? Boom! problem solved.

Alexa, play cry me a river

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    snip
    The technical part is simply untrue
    Both Legion and BFA had no gamebreaking issues and went smoother than you could expect given the inflow of players.
    Please stick to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    EXTREMELY likely my ass. When there was never a single wow expansion (that had a set date) delayed and the game director said that they would not delay it. Additionally the release date and the game directors statement were not made prior to Covid, it was announced on the 27.08 (iirc, I cant find the original source, it was deleted, but the first posts mentioning it start at the 27.08). And even later we were re-assured.

While you should not cry about it, because things like that can happen, but you are just throwing hyperboles around like a madman.
    When was the last time we had a pandemic? How many other games have delayed their games specifically because of covid? If you didn't think we were getting delayed, or at the very least the game would be released in a broken state you have had your head in the sand since February.

Use your vacation for anything you want, it's your vacation. If people ask you what you did on vacation, tell them if you want, but you're under no obligation to do so.

Anyone who gives you shit over it is an asshole, or at the very least poking fun at you for your hobby, at which point you now have reason to poke fun at them for theirs (as long as it truly is in "fun" and not mean spirited).

Anyone in this day and age that can't or won't accept video games as a legitimate hobby are morons with a a completely out dated mind set you can just ignore and unironically say "OK, Boomer" to and walk away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dang, what kind of job do you work where you can take 5 weeks off like that?
    One that doesn't like me building up too much leave. With 4 weeks leave a year, and an expansion roughly every two years - I've been building up a crapload of rec leave

2 years = 8 weeks rec leave - 5 weeks WoW leave = 3 weeks net gain every 2 years for 10 years.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    How is it their fault for a game changing dates?
    It's their fault for planning there vacation around a video game (especially an mmo) release when they are notorious for being broken and servers being down day 1 as well as during a pandemic when every other game is being delayed, instead of being safe and planning their vacation well into the expansions release so they can insure that they get to play the game.

Really not that hard to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    The technical part is simply untrue
    Both Legion and BFA had no gamebreaking issues and went smoother than you could expect given the inflow of players.
    Please stick to the facts.
    And how many times has a wow release been in shambles? Christ even classic wow's release was a mess. Especially during a time where a pandemic is without a fraction of a doubt going to effect it's quality.

I am sticking to facts, just because you can point to two releases and say "HEY LOOK THESE TWO WERE GOOD SO EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE GOOD" is simply narrow minded. Look at the overall picture with mmo releases, let alone wow releases, and you can see the overwhelming majority of them are broken.

Because its shitty behavior that should be called out?
    So is it Shitty Behavior to take time off for other things as well like people have said sporting events as well?
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

When was the last time we had a pandemic? How many other games have delayed their games specifically because of covid? If you didn't think we were getting delayed, or at the very least the game would be released in a broken state you have had your head in the sand since February.
    How many other games announced the release date, then postponed past that release date? No one is complaining that the game was postponed, they are complaining that Blizzard announced the release date when they couldn't meet it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    People spending their holidays on football. Society is fucked up.
    Who are you to judge others for what they choose to spend holidays on? It’s up to them and doesn’t affect you at all

15+ Year Old Account
    It's their fault for planning there vacation around a video game (especially an mmo) release when they are notorious for being broken and servers being down day 1 as well as during a pandemic when every other game is being delayed, instead of being safe and planning their vacation well into the expansions release so they can insure that they get to play the game.

Really not that hard to understand.
    They announced the release date well into the bogus "pandemic", so they were well aware of the issues but chose to set a release date. I get why people are annoyed, but acting like they are wrong expecting a multi million dollar Corporate behemoth like Blizzard/Activision to actually have their shit together, is just asinine. Its like taking your car in for a repair, they tell you 3 days and it takes 2 weeks, your fucking pissed but nothing you can do about it other than be annoyed.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    So is it Shitty Behavior to take time off for other things as well like people have said sporting events as well?
    I thought Paula was saying it was poopy behavior to blast people who were upset over their PTO plans being ruined.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

snip
    I understand you are angry (well, I don't, but you seem mad at me), but I just quoted 2 of the most massive and technologically advanced examples up to date.
    There is no data that would indicate that SL would launch "in shambles".

Even Beta is relatively stable and improves stability every week, compared to for example WoD beta which you couldnt play for longer than 10 minutes most of the time.

TL;DR - Not everyone uses PTO for actual vacations. I

Thanks.
    People need to remember that most work only because they have to. Taking time "off" to do what they actually enjoy....like videogames... should be NORMAL, not ridiculed.

This world is so backwards sometimes, I swear....

If people want to use PTO for a video game, fine. But when they start whining about how they've wasted their time off and it's the game company's fault? That's when I lose all sympathy and laugh about them losing their PTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    How many other games announced the release date, then postponed past that release date? No one is complaining that the game was postponed, they are complaining that Blizzard announced the release date when they couldn't meet it.
    Do you really want me to send you a list because I can

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I've seen this take, but who cares?

My time off is my time off. Your time off is your time off? It's everyone's choice.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-