Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    They announced the release date well into the bogus "pandemic", so they were well aware of the issues but chose to set a release date. I get why people are annoyed, but acting like they are wrong expecting a multi million dollar Corporate behemoth like Blizzard/Activision to actually have their shit together, is just asinine. Its like taking your car in for a repair, they tell you 3 days and it takes 2 weeks, your fucking pissed but nothing you can do about it other than be annoyed.
    So did a dozen other companies who delayed before blizz did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    There is no data that would indicate that SL would launch "in shambles".
    This is all I needed to read to understand that you have no idea what you're talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If people want to use PTO for a video game, fine. But when they start whining about how they've wasted their time off and it's the game company's fault? That's when I lose all sympathy and laugh about them losing their PTO.
    OK Hold one sec..
    So If you take time off to go on a cruise and it gets cancelled 2-3 weeks before departure are you OK with it?
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If people want to use PTO for a video game, fine. But when they start whining about how they've wasted their time off and it's the game company's fault? That's when I lose all sympathy and laugh about them losing their PTO.
    It is the game company's fault when they announce the date. Most companies require at least two weeks notice to take time off, so we make plans for our PTO based on the dates given to us by the people whose services we plan to use during our PTO.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Been seeing this echoed across the official forums, MMOC, and Wowhead. Let me put some perspective to this one.

To start, I absolutely am okay with Blizzard choosing to delay Shadowlands, it was evident it was lacking some polish. Less straightforward is the reason for choosing October 1st, which some could argue shows they are still more focused on the Shareholder's than players. However, I am not here to give my opinion on either topic.

I am posting because I have seen a variation of the thread title posted throughout the internet in response to people rather upset they cannot get days they scheduled off back. My career changed drastically a year ago into a field I never thought I would be in. This field schedules days off a full year in advanced. You bid based off seniority amongst your coworkers. You can also take individual days in the middle of a year if you have the PTO saved for them and the day has not been bid on.

For Shadowlands I originally was quite lucky. The day after launch was a day off. However, I quickly went to bid on the following 3 days just to secure some extra time. I got one. I had to work hard to secure that day. I have the luxury of being in a position where my PTO is 14 hours granted per month that carries over per month.

People like me have no issue with this schedule change. I can go schedule more days off to relax and do what helps keep me less stressed when the new date is announced. Someone who is much less privileged would not be so lucky. For some people to even be granted a single day off, even in the Western World, is extremely rare. And to have to fight hard for that day and have them change it, in some peoples' opinions, at the last minute, really sours their mood.

TL;DR - Not everyone uses PTO for actual vacations. I use mine for errands and destressing. So instead of lambasting people for being upset they lost valuable time off work for the release, maybe, instead, you should focus looking at a bigger picture to their situation.

Thanks.
    Or maybe people complaining that this delay is so awful because of their scheduled PTO, they can focus on the bigger picture. There are worse things than not having a game release on your PTO. I am surprised that even needs to be said, but I guess in this age of super entitled behavior it shouldn't be surprising.

OK Hold one sec..
    So If you take time off to go on a cruise and it gets cancelled 2-3 weeks before departure are you OK with it?
    Yeah, you should know better than to schedule vacation for your cruise, just in case it gets canceled. /sarcasm

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It is the game company's fault when they announce the date. Most companies require at least two weeks notice to take time off, so we make plans for our PTO based on the dates given to us by the people whose services we plan to use during our PTO.
    And blizzard has given more than 2 weeks notice of the delay. Almost a full month's notice.

It's a hobby. That is all that needs to be said. If some dipshit still doesn't get it then, it's kinda pointless arguing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Or maybe people complaining that this delay is so awful because of their scheduled PTO, they can focus on the bigger picture. There are worse things than not having a game release on your PTO. I am surprised that even needs to be said, but I guess in this age of super entitled behavior it shouldn't be surprising.
    And here you are complaining about people complaining while there are worse things happening than people complaining.

~ Daryl Davis

5+ Year Old Account
    Fault-placing is of absolutely no value here. Many of us have been in situations where we had time off scheduled in advance and it didn't end up working out. Simply reschedule the time if you can, or take the days off and plan to do something else. Having a fallback plan when vacation doesn't work is a wise strategy.

OK Hold one sec..
    What a dumb comparison. Are cruises notoriously known to be delayed? Also, the only way this would work is if the cruise was shipping out every single day AFTER it's release date so you have the option to book a month after it's initial release date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you should know better than to schedule vacation for your cruise, just in case it gets canceled. /sarcasm
    How is one different from the other. With the current state of the world, I see more people doing staycations than actual vacations, so how is booking a cruise any different than taking time off to play a game(staycation)? People can do with their PTO however they see fit. Actually thinking that there is a difference in how someone uses their PTO is probably the most idiotic post Ive seen on these forums.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    What a dumb comparison. Are cruises notoriously known to be delayed? Also, the only way this would work is if the cruise was shipping out every single day AFTER it's release date so you have the option to book a month after it's initial release date.
    Are you seriously that daft. I mean really. Ok, you book a train ride, you rent a cabin, you schedule a hooker... whatever you want to think, the point is if you take time off for anything and it gets cancelled it sucks. What people do with their PTO is their business, not yours. They have a right to how they feel. Period.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

I used to book time off until the Diablo 3 launch...that taught mr a valuable lesson to not bother given how launch days and weeks, go.

I'm not saying you guys aren't justified in your annoyance, I get it. They should have announced this months ago not the month of, but try not to take it so personally. Shit happens and you would have been much more upset had you been playing this broken expansion in it's current state much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    And blizzard has given more than 2 weeks notice of the delay. Almost a full month's notice.
    That doesn't help the people who need more than 2 weeks notice to schedule their vacation. Also are you saying that you would be completely fine with the complaining if Blizzard postponed with less than 2 weeks notice? It's because Blizzard gave us 3 full weeks notice this is all our fault?

~ Daryl Davis

Been seeing this echoed across the official forums, MMOC, and Wowhead. Let me put some perspective to this one.

To start, I absolutely am okay with Blizzard choosing to delay Shadowlands, it was evident it was lacking some polish. Less straightforward is the reason for choosing October 1st, which some could argue shows they are still more focused on the Shareholder's than players. However, I am not here to give my opinion on either topic.

I am posting because I have seen a variation of the thread title posted throughout the internet in response to people rather upset they cannot get days they scheduled off back. My career changed drastically a year ago into a field I never thought I would be in. This field schedules days off a full year in advanced. You bid based off seniority amongst your coworkers. You can also take individual days in the middle of a year if you have the PTO saved for them and the day has not been bid on.

For Shadowlands I originally was quite lucky. The day after launch was a day off. However, I quickly went to bid on the following 3 days just to secure some extra time. I got one. I had to work hard to secure that day. I have the luxury of being in a position where my PTO is 14 hours granted per month that carries over per month.

People like me have no issue with this schedule change. I can go schedule more days off to relax and do what helps keep me less stressed when the new date is announced. Someone who is much less privileged would not be so lucky. For some people to even be granted a single day off, even in the Western World, is extremely rare. And to have to fight hard for that day and have them change it, in some peoples' opinions, at the last minute, really sours their mood.

TL;DR - Not everyone uses PTO for actual vacations. I use mine for errands and destressing. So instead of lambasting people for being upset they lost valuable time off work for the release, maybe, instead, you should focus looking at a bigger picture to their situation.

Thanks.
    Fuck the shareholders, the players are what made the game what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Or you guys can get jobs that dont require you to book days off a year in advances lol.

My work requires 2 weeks notice if I want to book time off.
    I'm lucky that I can schedule PTO on the spot and change it at anytime. We can also carry over up to 2 months (40 work days) to the next year. I kinda hope that the release is early December so Raid won't come out until January so I can just let my time carry over to next year.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I haven't seen this at all, not that those people don't exist (definitely had my experiences at work) but I'm surprised you're seeing it on gaming forums.

Really though why do you care that people exist who think this? Especially to the degree that you feel the need to make a post explaining yourself?
    did u read the forums at all? just take a look at the recent SL delayed thread ... every page there are atleast 2 peeps who cry about "OMFG I TOOK DAYS OFF FU BLIZZ"

Thanks.
    I've been where you were at, with a company who's pto policy was rather ridiculous. Over time i lost any incentive to want to stay with them. I don't ask for time off anymore, i let them know when i wont be in, i'm not asking permission. The looks on their faces the first time i told them that was priceless. "Well we can't approve that day, it'll be an unexcused absence". "so?" excused or not, i wont be there, I'm letting you know in advance so you can cover it however you need to"

15+ Year Old Account
    People praised Cyberpunk for getting delayed yet when it's WOW people go bat shit because they booked vacation, lesson to be learnt here don't book vacation for a release date as they are never nailed on.

How is one different from the other. With the current state of the world, I see more people doing staycations than actual vacations, so how is booking a cruise any different than taking time off to play a game(staycation)? People can do with their PTO however they see fit. Actually thinking that there is a difference in how someone uses their PTO is probably the most idiotic post Ive seen on these forums.
    Yep, I agree. IMO, taking time off work to enjoy your hobbies seems like the exact point of taking time off.

~ Daryl Davis