Poll: New Shadowlands release date?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My guess is that they are aiming for November due to when pre patch is dropping. So I am going with the 17th. I would say the 10th since that would be a 4 week pre patch, but that would mean season/raid drop would be the week of Thanksgiving in the US.

So i am going with 5 weeks of pre patch and then new raid opens up just after the Thanksgiving holiday.

I do not think it will be any later than Dec 8.

They said "later this year", december is off the table due to xmas and world first raid in xmas just not gonna happen. Rep buff on live ends 1 of november. Pre-patch is out 13th october and they usualy last 4 weeks. Shadowlands will release on November 10th. Mark my words!

Option 1) Early-Mid November. Not likely, they wouldn't delay a major game launch just to push it back a couple weeks.

Option 2) Late November. Again not likely due to Thanksgiving, and they probably need more than 1 extra month.

Option 3) Early December. Would put pre-patch at 7-8 weeks, matching Cata pre-patch in length. Gives the devs a couple of weeks to patch bugs, which needs to happen before the holidays.

Option 4) Late December. 100% not happening due to Holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing early December, but wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed into January.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Whatever the date is hopefully it will be after another round of stimulus checks. I need to build another computer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Literally no one knows and guessing is completely pointless
    LIES, i started a guild pool. winner gets 5 mil gold lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    NON-NA FOLKS
    Non-USA please. North America is not only USA. Plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianwei23 View Post
    Whatever the date is hopefully it will be after another round of stimulus checks. I need to build another computer. LOL
    how dare you read my mind.. i need that 3080 (not really im fine with a 3070), but i also need to up my cpu for less bottlenecking. running a 7600k wish a 1070.

Once FFXIV announces the release date for 5.4, and it's within the next month or so, we'll know the release date of Shadowlands.

December 8th!

5+ Year Old Account
    I voted November 24th like an idiot. I forgot about Thanksgiving. I don't think they will release it near a holiday like Thanksgiving/Christmas. If they release it December 8th, that'd be really cool because it's my birthday! :P

But I just want them to release it now because I'm bored af lol.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-10-03 at 05:50 PM.

As long as they don't release the raids/new season 1-2 weeks before the holidays, i'm fine with w/e they do.

So either before mid november or next year please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree with your entire post, but BfA launched on a Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    BfA launched on mon/tues. It was WoD that launched on a thurs
    Turns out... Get this... Some idiot forgot to change the year and just looked at the day on the month.

Me. I'm the idiot. Ty for the correction!

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Voted end of November, but as a EU citizen I forgot it's Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Voted end of November, but as a EU citizen I forgot it's Thanksgiving.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility, there's always people who will take extra pay to work on thanksgiving.

And hell, the game launched on Nov 23, 2004, days before thanksgiving. More possible then them launching late Dec.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even though I voted for Nov 17 (what I would prefer), I think December 8 could end up being the date.
    That has a "sweet spot" being 2 weeks after Thanksgiving, 2 weeks before Christmas.
    If we get pre-patch (no event) on Oct 13, that would give 8 weeks until it goes live.
    They can then divvy that up a few weeks of "get used to all the changes in the regular game", then a few weeks of "here, zombie invasion stuffs" before launch.

I'm just guessing, but I think after holidays early 2021. I don't think they will release in November because if they are actually delaying there is probably a lot to be done. Also, PS5, XSX, Cyberpunk all launch in November and it is a big month for gaming. I highly doubt they would release close to holiday due to after launch troubleshooting and patching that needs to be done. So early December would be the only time that sounds logical to me this year(though I may be completely wrong).

The only problem with early December is it would be tight. Unexpected issues could cause scheduling conflicts. Also, they have raised the bar a bit for expectations by delaying and they will be wanting to impress and make sure to get it right. They obviously are willing to eat the costs so they don't rush a release(like I suspect they did with BFA).

So I'm thinking early next year, maybe.

Of note, this delay, is the most positive I've felt about retail since the end of Legion. Maybe even longer! Somebody does care, lol. I know that churning out content for this game may eventually lead to complete burnout for everyone involved, but it is really nice to see they still care that the game is good on day 1.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-02 at 07:50 PM.

World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms Book Delayed to November 24th

Mmmhmm it was meant to come the 20th of October, 1 week before SL. Wowhead speculates it has lore stuff that they dont want to get spoil long before launch. But if it was supposed to come a week before the expansion, we looking at a 1st of December launch if we follow the same pattern.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone voting Dec 1st, do you really think they are going to open up mythic raiding 3 days before christmas day? All I can say is give your heads a collective shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    To everyone voting Dec 1st, do you really think they are going to open up mythic raiding 3 days before christmas day? All I can say is give your heads a collective shake.
    What I think is that 2020 is a different year so it may be affecting how they prioritize these kinds of things like holidays, mythic race and so on.