Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Yeah let’s ruin a games release and the problems that will stem from it afterward because a grown adult doesn’t know how to plan. Yup
    I did plan, I planned my vacation around the same thing I've planned my vacation around for the last 7 expansions.

All they needed to do to have less backlash was announce this earlier in the week or last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can't tell me they didn't know last week, when more people could have canceled their requests, or even earlier in the week this week.
    It literally doesn't matter. The number of people calling off work for the expansion are likely a minority. So to say that Blizzard needs to cater to them is absurd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even sure why do you even need to create such a topic, OP. People who ask this question are retarded. WoW is the same stuff as any other hobby or type of the rest. Its normal to adjust own time off work around it. Its normal to be pissed off when something that was officially confirmed is delayed so close to release. There is nothing to blame on players. its Blizzard's fault and incompetence.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-10-02 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It literally doesn't matter. The number of people calling off work for the expansion are likely a minority. So to say that Blizzard needs to cater to them is absurd.
    It does matter, it's the professional thing to do, give your customers a heads up in a decent time frame, not three weeks before the launch date.

Don't you all just work from home now?
    Hmm, must be harsh.

Wait what does October 1st have to do with shareholders?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    First day of the quarter, so the next shareholder meeting won't have any of the (most likely temporary) refunds on it. And launch itself will offset any refunds that happen now.

It's a smart business play, but kind of shitty for your customers.

It does matter, it's the professional thing to do, give your customers a heads up in a decent time frame, not three weeks before the launch date.
    Once again, people taking time off from work are a minority. Most people likely didn't. It's not "the professional thing to do". It would be pandering and people mad about it need to get over it.

I did plan, I planned my vacation around the same thing I've planned my vacation around for the last 7 expansions.

All they needed to do to have less backlash was announce this earlier in the week or last week.
    You are pretty terrible at planning if you planned your vacation for day one of an mmo release date during a pandemic when everything else is either being delayed or broken. You need to obviously work on your planning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The cruise didn't tell you to take time off work. That was YOUR doing.
    Do you understand how vacation works. Do you have a job? I mean cmon don't be stupid.
    No matter what kind of vacation you are taking you have to schedule time off.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

You are pretty terrible at planning if you planned your vacation for day one of an mmo release date during a pandemic when everything else is either being delayed or broken. You need to obviously work on your planning.
    Blizzard has never delayed after setting a date, who would think they would this time? They were pretty confident about that date just a month ago.

It was a good bet that we lost for once. Doesn't bother me about vacation, I'm just annoyed at the delay, I may still take that vacation and schedule another week for launch.

Blizzard did the right thing here. People who took days off from work and are now whining are just stupid. 2020 is a hard year, some lost their jobs, others working from home, it disrupted everything. So complaining about " Oh my, they delayed SL expansion what am I gonna do now" is simply absurd. Suck it up and wait for a new release date. Adapt and overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    End of quarter. Though i don't think that played much of a role here, they wouldn't have had much chance to react last week either.

I feel like if you're in the financial position where it's not a big deal to take off time for a video game, then you're likely in the position where your can rather easily retract that vacation and simply move it.

Otherwise maybe some priorities need to be reevaluated.

Blizzard has never delayed on after setting a date, who would think they would this time? They were pretty confident about that date just a month ago.
    Yeah let's just completely ignore everything else happening in the video game world with delays and things being behind schedule and JUST look at what blizzard has done in years past during a non-pandemic period where people aren't literally forced to work out of their homes.

Yup, let's just completely ignore ALL of that.

I think you need to learn how planning actually works, and what are reasonable and unreasonable expectations. Far from "everything" is being delayed or broken, and Blizzard specificially did note that the Pandemic hadn't impacted their work much.

You're not asking for better planning, you're asking for people to be psychic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those delays happened earlier in this COVID cycle and/or didn't have dates announced, just time periods. This one had a date announced after several months worth of the WFH setup of COVID, a delay felt unlikely here.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Or you guys can get jobs that dont require you to book days off a year in advances lol.

My work requires 2 weeks notice if I want to book time off.
    Are you bragging about being unimportant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Yeah let's just completely ignore everything else happening in the video game world with delays and things being behind schedule and JUST look at what blizzard has done in years past during a non-pandemic period where people aren't literally forced to work out of their homes.

Yup, let's just completely ignore ALL of that.
    After blizzard flat out stated "we have adjusted well to working at home" back in july?

It was still a safe bet when they announced it. If they had announced the date 100+ days ago like the usually do I'd a agree with you.