Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Big surprise. Didnt expect this. However, I have little faith in them actually fixing the game...

Anyway, I got the refund for SL. My sub expires tomorrow so I cancelled that too. Saving some money, playing other games while waiting for the 2021 release.

I'm calling it right now. The push back date is a marketing scheme by Activision to give people the idea they're listening to fans. They are in one area, fans want release dates pushed back to have the illusion they're working on it. They ain't.

Ya'll buying the snake oil. I'll see you after release with all the hate.

To think, Activision won't sell you on a pushback date. I bet the sales for preorders went up because of this.

At the end of the day, there will still be hate on the game. It will still be unfinished, you will still be time gated from getting the full experience until 2-3 years into the expansion.

So on and so forth.

You're getting played.

I like how they waited until Q3 earning calls closed before announcing the delay.

Blizzard: "New fiscal year, go ahead and break the news. Make sure to tell them we are listening."

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Lol, theirs literally zerooo, nihil danger. Theirs not gonna be any discount on Shadowlands, BFA on the other hand will. Definitely.. not sure you know how the discounts work during black friday, but on new products then just got released, pretty much never are discounts
    BfA is getting rolled into the sub fee on the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nah because I'm sure you'll "break it down" with your own opinions. Pointing out issues that actually exist isn't an opinion. It's simply listing what is absolutely wrong.
    In your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
    Who said first week of December? They only said later this year
    Ok, so we are not counting the first week of november, we have 8 weeks till next year, we have one week for thanksgiving and another for Christmas holidays that wouldnt be suited for launch, so we have a total of 6 weeks : 9/11 - 23/11 and 30/11 - 21/12.

i still think that 2 or 3 weeks from 26/10 is still too early for a release, thats why i think it will be first week of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Man, if only Blizzard didn't have to spend time balancing those goddamn covenants and made them cosmestic only
    best. post. ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Good decision Blizz. I can wait 1-2 months longer if that means I am gonna get a great experience.
    sign that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Your opinion. Not fact. You are seeing what you want to see to fit your narrative and then demeaning people who don't agree with you. Not worthy of further debate.
    same goes for you .. why even bother to try to argue with a guy who thinks WoD wasn't even that bad ...

While I am shocked Blizzard pushed back the expansion--in a good way, TBH, I think it was a good choice and this hasn't been done since TBC, it means they actually care about quality and feel they need to push it pack to ensure it's ready--I am not surprised at all by October 13th. This is the same day FFXIV is doing a patch, and Blizzard absolutely loves to match their releases with them.

PS: If FFXIV gives a release date for 5.4 first, and it's within the next month or so, you will know the release date of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    It wont push that far, middle of November or so.
    Think the same.

They need at least 4 weeks marketing influence time pre xmas. no company that type/size ever will not follow the marketing rules. one rule is, to maximize xmas sellings, let it early enough spread (at least 2-4 weeks). a sane company that type/size would NEVER EVER put a product on market 1 week before xmas. you need the product on sale and go viral, at least 2-4 weeks before xmas. thats the reason why nearly ALL products are up and running at or before 1st week of december.

so, in reality we talk about 1 of 4-5 tuesdays between october 27th and first week of december. not that huge reason for huge panic.

i assume they release it in the last week of nov or the first week of dec.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-10-02 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    In fact all the way through the expansion to now the consensus of most my guild / people I speak with think that BFA beta lasted until around 8.2. If you think BFA launch was good and not a glaring example of something that should have been pushed back you are kidding yourself.
    Yes, and every single patch released felt like we were still playing the PTR. It seemed like they were updating content daily after the patches went live. So many bugs. So many balance issues. So many problems with the basic design.

If they felt that they needed to delay the expansion, they must have a really bad expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Ok, so we are not counting the first week of november, we have 8 weeks till next year, we have one week for thanksgiving and another for Christmas holidays that wouldnt be suited for launch, so we have a total of 6 weeks : 9/11 - 23/11 and 30/11 - 21/12.

i still think that 2 or 3 weeks from 26/10 is still too early for a release, thats why i think it will be first week of December.
    also a good explanation. i bet 10 pizzas on 1st of december. 5 days before santa, 23 days before xmas and not 24th of nov (too early).

way to go blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The culmination of idiotic decisions that have led to the inevitable delay of the expansion may have had something to do with his bullshit desire to push through Covenants when it's painfully clear that Blizzard does not have nearly the capacity to balance them correctly. For the record, I'm pro-delay and pro-developer. I've even defended Ion in the past. I'm extremely anti-bullshit, however, and I'm kind of tired of the direction WoW has taken largely under his watch. Maybe having to delay an expansion almost entirely because of difficult to balance systems he has doubled down on will finally help the company realize maybe his vision isn't the best way forward. But hey, I'm just an asshole on the internet with an opinion. What the fuck do I know? This forum sometimes, am I right?
    The problem is not the covenants. It's how a minority of people react to them as they expect to be 100% optimal in every situation and therefore requiring complete balance. Which is complete nonsense. The only mistake Blizzard has done, is listening to them.

For the sake of the idiotic claim about balance the game as a total is now suffering.

The direction the game has taken is the best for the game in general and what the majority wants, and I am not even included in that majority most of the time. I don't expect the game to be designed around my ego. Nor should you.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I'm calling it right now. The push back date is a marketing scheme by Activision to give people the idea they're listening to fans. They are in one area, fans want release dates pushed back to have the illusion they're working on it. They ain't.

To think, Activision won't sell you on a pushback date. I bet the sales for preorders went up because of this.

At the end of the day, there will still be hate on the game. It will still be unfinished, you will still be time gated from getting the full experience until 2-3 years into the expansion.

So on and so forth.

You're getting played.
    Is that what you did and you're projecting? I mean, nothing much changes for me that the date gets pushed back. I get that some people are effected, but what exactly are people getting played for? Lol, it just seems like a poor understanding of the situation, or maybe you're just salty the games being delayed because you wanted to play it. From a business perspective getting the game released earlier is better for the company. More people will buy and play the expansion, equaling more subs, more sales, ect.

This decision was based solely on production values and is one of the few decisions that shouldn't be shamed. You think shareholders are happy about this LOLOLOL. You better believe there are some employees at Blizz not hearing the end of it. They missed the quota, but it's fine, we can all wait at the sake of some of these overworked people. yes, wow does not create itself out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Think the same.

They need at least 4 weeks marketing influence time pre xmas. no company that type/size ever will not follow the marketing rules. one rule is, to maximize xmas sellings, let it early enough spread (at least 2-4 weeks). a sane company that type/size would NEVER EVER put a product on market 1 week before xmas. you need the product on sale and go viral, at least 2-4 weeks before xmas. thats the reason why nearly ALL products are up and running at or before 1st week of december.

so, in reality we talk about 1 of 4-5 tuesdays between october 27th and first week of december. not that huge reason for huge panic.

i assume they release it in the last week of nov or the first week of dec.
    I thought this push-back taught a lot of people to never say never.

Cata Release - December 7, 2010

They already have done it once, why would you think they wouldnt do it again? As well they have done other things like

Wrath Release - Nov 13, 2008
    WOD Release - Nov 13, 2014
    Vanilla Release - Nov 24, 2004

So clearly releasing the day before Thanksgiving isnt out of the question either, which I for one would find insanely silly considering they need to do post launch support and I presume everyone at that point would have earned a nice bit of time off with their family (with covid + crunch, ugh)

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    The problem is not the covenants. It's how a minority of people react to them as they expect to be 100% optimal in every situation and therefore requiring complete balance. Which is complete nonsense. The only mistake Blizzard has done, is listening to them.

For the sake of the idiotic claim about balance the game as a total is now suffering.

The direction the game has taken is the best for the game in general and what the majority wants, and I am not even included in that majority most of the time. I don't expect the game to be designed around my ego. Nor should you.
    If it's just a balancing issue, they need to release the game. They'll never have perfect balance, and the majority of the playerbase doesn't care if they can't min/max their numbers to compete with the top .01% of players. Blizzards philosophy of releasing a game that's perfect is silly. It has never actually happened in the past, so why do they keep pretending to abide by it?

But if the issues are more structural, they need to delay the game to fix it. Nothing would be worse than not being able to play the game you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Don't you think it's a bit stupid to also book time off due to COVID being a thing? Especially with how many other games have been delayed due to working from home, or even a basic understanding of where development was in the game? Not to mention even some people who book time off for a real vacation have things go wrong with them, too. The only difference is most companies would have admitted it sooner.
    Sorry, but that's utterly bull****. They KNEW ABOUT COVID_19 SINCE MONTHS. They didn't release the date in March when it wasn't clear what will happen, no they waited until AUGUST to reveal the date. THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT COULD HAPPEN. But instead of maybe adding a few weeks more to begin with, they didn't. Sorry, but now saying they are the victim of covid is simply a cheap excuse.

It's a big difference if a cyberpunk gets delayed (and nothing wrong about the first delay, but the second one was as terrible as the one blizzard gave us) that had a release date before covid was the big thing (but for real, that covid becomes a big thing was clear since january in informed cycles). The same for everything that had a release date before the pandemic; but that was not the case for blizzard.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-10-02 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post

So on and so forth.

You're getting played.
    That is the stupidest thing I’ve heard. The reality is they are getting extreme pressure from the people above them to push these out too soon. It makes them way more money to reduce the time to the next launch, which is why so many of their expansions, and things like Diablo 3 and WC3 Reforged - have been such terrible experiences. You KNOW the developers know those things weren’t finished but they had to launch anyways.

They will make more money by delaying launch - but not for the reason you propose - because they are afraid for another WC3 Reforged situation when the backlash comes and they haven’t made the game when promises.

Why delay Shadowlands then, if they didn’t delay those other games?? Because WoW makes more money off subscriptions. That’s the sad reality. They need to keep you playing for like 3 months to really profit.

But to think they would delay an announcement to generate interest doesn’t make sense. If people really weren’t buying presale because they felt the quality was too low, they would have bought it after a patch or two (ie same time this is now launching), no, instead they are losing subs coming back and revenue this year to push it back. Only means the game is in that bad of shape.

I havent played wow in 4 years and am not buying Shadowlands either way, but your conspiracy makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but that's utterly bull****. They KNEW ABOUT COVID_19 SINCE MONTHS. They didn't release the date in March when it wasn't clear what will happen, no they waited until AUGUST to reveal the date. THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT COULD HAPPEN. But instead of maybe adding a few weeks more to begin with, they didn't. Sorry, but now saying they are the victim of covid is simply a cheap excuse.

It's a big difference if a cyberpunk gets delayed (and nothing wrong about the first delay, but the second one was as terrible as the one blizzard gave us) that had a release date before covid was the big thing (but for real, that covid becomes a big thing was clear since january in informed cycles). The same for everything that had a release date before the pandemic; but that was not the case for blizzard.
    I firmly agree. They wanted to squeeze SL into Q3 ahead of the consoles / other major games. They knew this was going to be a SUPER tight deadline and didn't care. I am happy they decided to put it off but I do not buy the whole "covid hurt our workflow". They knew what their workflow was looking like (been living in a Covid world since March, announced release date in August). This screams Activision all over it