Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Should be pre-patch, as always.
    I was under the impression that only the Curve FoS goes away with the pre-patch, not the actual mount.
    Might have to double check, though I think you can still get the HC mount after the pre-patch releases, you just won't get curve.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-10-02 at 04:49 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I definitely think it is, would explain why they were pushing so hard for this october date right before all these big games drop. Especially with how hyped up cyberpunk is.
    They probably don't really care too much. Those games aren't direct competition. A vast majority of WoW players aren't going to not buy an expansion because some non-mmo games are coming out. They might buy both and play a little less wow, but they are still going to buy and play the expansion.

Not that you can get the mount after the expansion releases obviously, just during the pre-patch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    They probably don't really care too much. Those games aren't direct competition. A vast majority of WoW players aren't going to not buy an expansion because some non-mmo games are coming out. They might buy both and play a little less wow, but they are still going to buy and play the expansion.
    I feel like you don't appreciate just how many people will buy an xpac just to play through the starting experience and then drop the game shortly into it. When people talk about the "majority" of players, they're in turn over.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I feel like you don't appreciate just how many people will buy an xpac just to play through the starting experience and then drop the game shortly into it. When people talk about the "majority" of players, they're in turn over.
    I don't see how that counteracts cordrann's point. It's unlikely they won't buy the expansion over it, maybe this even extends their playtime.

Wow, the MMO vs MMO tribalism fights are still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't see how that counteracts cordrann's point. It's unlikely they won't buy the expansion over it, maybe this even extends their playtime.
    If they're the kind of person who isn't in for the long haul they're much more likely to weigh their choice of which game to toss their 60 smacks into. And when its WoW vs any of these other big name games, many of which a person might want all of... while having a limited amount of money... I can easily see them choosing one of the others vs the one with the subscription and massive time investment required.

That's one of the biggest issues with MMO's, you tend to need to play them to the exclusion of other games.

If they're the kind of person who isn't in for the long haul they're much more likely to weigh their choice of which game to toss their 60 smacks into. And when its WoW vs any of these other big name games, many of which a person might want all of... while having a limited amount of money... I can easily see them choosing one of the others vs the one with the subscription and massive time investment required.
    Except at the level you're talking about, the time investment isn't all that impressive. At least, nowhere near Witcher 3 levels. So it's a game they already know and a sub vs. a game they don't and which may or may not end up being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Wrath was released in November
    I didn't know that Cyberpunk 2077, the most hyped up game of the past decade released as the same time as Wrath of the Lich King.

Except at the level you're talking about, the time investment isn't all that impressive. At least, nowhere near Witcher 3 levels. So it's a game they already know and a sub vs. a game they don't and which may or may not end up being good.
    MMO's have a time table if you want to participate in things, that isn't the case in a single player game like the witcher.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Imo it was Activision who wanted the extension to come out so early (maybe not at the same time as the PS5/Xbox release, who knows) , but for Blizzard it was clearly not possible....
    I'd bet money on that one. The timing of right before Halloween was too perfect to be driven by the game's playability. That was execs wanting easy marketing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

MMO's have a time table if you want to participate in things, that isn't the case in a single player game like the witcher.
    Again, not at the level you're talking about. You can't argue the time requirements for elite players as a reason why casual players would pick something else.

Again, not at the level you're talking about. You can't argue the time requirements for elite players as a reason why casual players would pick something else.
    How did you end up bringing the buzz words into this?

How did you end up bringing the buzz words into this?
    That's your best defense? At least bring an actual argument.

That's your best defense? At least bring an actual argument.
    I'm not sure why you think I need a defense?

So after 2 wowhead contests & months laterrr I got into Beta ~~ was over it, but now that it’s been delayed it’s appreciated.

On a delay related note, the new WoW travelling companion book was just delayed from October 20th to November 24th.

Seems like a pretty big coincidence unless Blizzard wants the book to launch one week before the raid, and they intend to launch SL the first week of December. Seems about right.

I guess if they release it then the raid won't open until the New year. Though then again, it does seem like some of the covenant storylines are partially taking place after the raid, so that might make it difficult.

-

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318309/...yed-to-novembe

Edit: Ninjaed by above poster. Nvm.

So if we assume the expansion is actually delayed in excess of 4 weeks, does anyone think we are looking at more additions and reasonable class changes with the extra time?
    I feel like Blizzard could probably do all the tuning and bugfixing in 3 weeks tops if that was all they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    On a delay related note, the new WoW travelling companion book was just delayed from October 20th to November 24th.

Seems like a pretty big coincidence unless Blizzard wants the book to launch one week before the raid, and they intend to launch SL the first week of December. Seems about right.

I guess if they release it then the raid won't open until the New year. Though then again, it does seem like some of the covenant storylines are partially taking place after the raid, so that might make it difficult.

-

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318309/...yed-to-novembe
    theres a few quests in the venthyr that is directly connected but i think they are going to give us 6 weeks of prepatch and launch raid early january which gives 4 weeks of no raid so renown 12 so you wont be getting too far in the covenant system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So if we assume the expansion is actually delayed in excess of 4 weeks, does anyone think we are looking at more additions and reasonable class changes with the extra time?
    I feel like Blizzard could probably do all the tuning and bugfixing in 3 weeks tops if that was all they wanted.
    the tuning is more complicated this time because of how they have the covenants set up

honestly all im expecting is tuning and bug fixes. Covenants wont change.....dont matter