10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah I think this puts to bed any theories he's faking it. at the time tbh we didn't know for certain cause of this administration are all liars and conmen, but now there is no doubt.
    He hasn't tweeted all day. There is no way this is a hoax. If it was, he would be tweeting up a storm.

This seems to be escalating way faster then I expected. It hasn't even been a full day yet, and he is on his way to Walter Reed. Now, we can say "Precautionary measures", but all President's hide the severity of their medical issues like crazy. Reagan even faked like a bullet didn't face him, and he was in constant pain even before someone shot him. So to announce the President is being taken to Walter Reed at this point... yeah, this isn't nothing. Trump's administration is incompetent at a lot of things, but they understand the optics of not looking weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Imagine if the last thing he sees is Biden's smiling face. It would be darkly poetic.
    Unlikely. The last faces he sees, following that line of thinking and not an actual prediction, would be a group of medical experts using masks, gloves, and PPE -- the very stuff he both claimed didn't work and also hoarded for himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    He hasn't tweeted all day
    We've seen that before, when really bad news hits. Yes, I know there's a lot of circumstantial evidence here, but he could just be depressed because of the message he's sending. The self-proclaimed healthiest man to run for office is spending several days in a hospital bed while someone he called sleepy, low-energy, and senile is doing literal whistlestops.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Exactly. Especially not for symptoms that are only mild.
    I guess corona hit him hard since he was out and about yesterday spreading the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    He hasn't tweeted all day. There is no way this is a hoax. If it was, he would be tweeting up a storm.
    Per not-a-medical-doctor Larry Kudlow, it went from "minor symptoms" to a "moderate case" by this afternoon.

If he's not tweeting, specifically about the campaign/news media, you know he's probably laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Unlikely. The last faces he sees, following that line of thinking and not an actual prediction, would be a group of medical experts using masks, gloves, and PPE -- the very stuff he both claimed didn't work and also hoarded for himself.
    To be serious for moment, what happens if he dies before the election? Delayed for mourning procedures etc and then later goes ahead with Pence automatically becoming the Republican candidate?

10+ Year Old Account
    We can get this pandemic under control so we can get our economy working for everyone. But this cannot be a partisan moment. It must be an American moment.

This is not a matter of politics. It’s a bracing reminder to all of us that we have to take this virus seriously
    --President Joe Biden

To be serious for moment, what happens if he dies before the election? Delayed for mourning procedures etc and then later goes ahead with Pence automatically becoming the Republican candidate?
    Congress can delay the election if they wish, but January 20th is the hard deadline for Pence's term if he takes over. There will need to be an election before then.

Must be nice on day one to be able to jump right into the hospital for hundreds of thousands of dollars care and treatment

In other news Trump administration proceeds with taking away healthcare/insurance from 40 million people.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Why are you guys laughing about Trump being in the 20-49 group? That sounds about right to me.

We are talking about Stones here, aren't we?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it works that way; Trump would remain on most ballots at this point. They would have to write in Pence. Not sure what happens if Trump actually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why would they put the president on an experimental cocktail? That seems like a huge and unnecessary risk.
    Because he ticks all the boxes on the list of Covid risks and waiting until his condition gets bad (if it isn't already) could mean its to late for the cocktail do have a lot of effect.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I don't think it works that way; Trump would remain on most ballots at this point. They would have to write in Pence. Not sure what happens if Trump actually wins.
    Pence is technically also on the ballot so if trump wins and is dead, then Pence would be president I assume.

Voting in some states has already started. I predict a lot of lawsuits if Trump has to be exchanged on the ballot for whatever reason.

The pearl clutching from Republicans on Twitter is pretty hilarious right now.
    They whine that people are calling karma against Trump for denying that the virus was dangerous, even though he knew full well that it was dangerous back in February. But they absolutely went after Chrissy Tiegan after she and John Legend lost their baby literally a couple days ago. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Pretty sure Pence takes all those ballots by default. I think. It gets messy. States would have to declare electors, and I image that they would just commit the electors to the party that won, even if Trump isn't alive.

That said, I REALLY hope he is. I want him to get better, be healthy, run the best campaign he can, and lose. To get past this as a country, we need more then this one guy gone. We need his movement gone, and I don't think Trump going away helps.

So I hope the piece of shit gets well soon. Thoughts and Prayers and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be serious for moment, what happens if he dies before the election?
    I've seen conflicting stories. I'll go with the mix I think is correct:

1) Pence takes the ticket.

2) I think, in this case, he announces a VP that isn't checked or balanced.

3) He loses every debate he's in when forced to defend a record that isn't his with plans he doesn't have.

4) The Party of Trump falls into a state of despair and Biden wins 617 to -34 or something equally ridiculous. Pence is not the cult leader who promised the Wall, Lock Her Up, or to refund their deferred taxes. Pence is the janitor they hire to watch the hidden entrance. Ain't shit following Pence.

5) Pence uses "his" lame duck situation to quickly push forth what's left of Trump's only accomplishment: judges who hate women's rights.

6) New York State fucking grave-robs the bitch, we find out how little he actually had, and there's a lot of pictures of Melania looking at her shoes, probably sobbing inside. Falwell lends her the poolboy.

7) McConnell and a dozen of his friends lose down-ballot and the Democrats get a fillibuster-proof lead or close enough.

8) This one's mind and many of yours: we spend the next six months playing whack-a-troll with familiar names saying "I never backed Trump". Remember, it takes fire or acid to stop their regeneration.

Basically the Party of Trump is crushed by the loss of a figure so pivotal, their 2020 motto is "what Trump says". It would be catastrophic to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps Trump would be declared President and then the 25th would immediately kick in making Pence the President?

If that's the case, it could lead to an awkward scenario in which Pence could effectively compete with himself, as I'm sure the write-ins would be counted separately from Trump votes.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Perhaps Trump would be declared President and then the 25th would immediately kick in making Pence the President?
    It's hard to be more incapacitated than "dead".

Why would they put the president on an experimental cocktail? That seems like a huge and unnecessary risk.
    Because he's a lot worse than they're letting on and is in serious trouble.

That's literally the only reason you'd take a risk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Fantasy-land magic polling numbers.

I pulled that from Hannity's twitter, where it apparently came from NewsNationNow, which....is apparently WGN.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Trump had two "good" options for bailing on the debate by calling it rigged -- Biden's drug test and Biden's ear canal search. If he was going to bail, he'd have picked something less dangerous to himself than "I have a gonhorrea". Oh wait, "I have coronavirus".
    Is it one of those Twitter Polls that people are pointing at being a sign of Trump winning? Cuz I saw a lot of people touting Twitter polls as accurate after the debate.