Poll: Increase Chromie Time Cap To 55?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    What about loot from expacs vs SL?
    SL would have more advantages over expacs in all areas including giving more xp, but the point is choice. Give the choice, don’t just take it away from players unreasonably.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    To resolve the multiple issues raised by the community on https://www.wowhead.com/news=318300/...ut-at-level-50
    would you rather Blizzard increase the Chromie Time level cap to 55 so you can complete the entire story line of an expansion?

This does not mean that SL would be 55 to 60, but continues to be 50 to 60 while giving this option to those who desire it.

Please vote with a Yes/No/Other Solution(explain).

I personally think Chromie Time should be extended to level 59, giving players the choice to continue playing in older expansions and experience end game quest lines such as Suramar. The leveling experience in SL can still be achieved from 50 to 60.

This would make a lot of sense and give players choice for their dozens of alts once these alts reach level 50.

Imagine having to grind the same SL content for 40+ alts...defeats the whole purpose and idea of variety of choice in Chromie Time.

40 times doing the same thing over and over is a guaranteed way to burn out and end up hating the content / not wanting to see / do it ever again. We will end up with a mass exodus of people to other games once the competition gets good which is likely to happen in 2021 since multiple new MMO’s are planned for release in 2021/2022.
    this, just like all your other ideas, is absolutely ridiculous. it is also blatantly wrong; you can level how you like in SL on your alts. you can focus solely on the covenant you choose for that character, you have access to world quests etc. imagine not wanting to play through the story of the current expansion.

as for the current system yes porting you out unceremoniously at level 50 is a bit dumb. but this is where if they balance the exp out then that shouldn't be an issue; you should be able to do Suramar, Tanaan, Icecrown as part of the 10-50 levelling experience sure but not at the expense of the current story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they made a mistake by stopping at 50 for Chromie Time and should have made it up to 59 with a choice of doing 50 to 60 in SL. Choice = Amazing WoW User Experience
    We heard you the first two times, no need to shout. But the poll shows not many agree. The correct answer was in the second post - your level cap is 50 until you exit chromie time. Its simple and consistant with expected game mechanics. Threads of Fate is the 50-60 alt experience - have you tried it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    We heard you the first two times, no need to shout. But the poll shows not many agree. The correct answer was in the second post - your level cap is 50 until you exit chromie time. Its simple and consistant with expected game mechanics. Threads of Fate is the 50-60 alt experience - have you tried it out?
    That’s likely because the poll is not giving enough choices other than increase Chromie Time cap to 55. Maybe they want 59? Maybe 60? As possibilities. I haven’t tried it because it is broken / not ready yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    You should be able to continue as 50 but with 0 exp gain until you choose to leave and go exp in SL
    I’d be super happy to see this implemented as this would emulate being at level cap in previous expansions and means being able to get gold instead of xp from end game quests. Also, this means all raids would scale to 50 which would be incredible.

Yup, only solution is to make it so you can keep it on at 50 if you lock your EXP.
    Make that an option.
    Can not be allowed past that while giving experience though, no way.

You can still just continue the storylines out of Chromie time though.
    The only issue here is that you are force-ported.

Just make that an optional thing, at the very least.

The thing is, its technically a different phase.

Either way, remember you can now Party sync to any expansion with Chromie time. Only requires a starter account too, since allied races are unlocked by default.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this, just like all your other ideas, is absolutely ridiculous. it is also blatantly wrong; you can level how you like in SL on your alts. you can focus solely on the covenant you choose for that character, you have access to world quests etc. imagine not wanting to play through the story of the current expansion.

as for the current system yes porting you out unceremoniously at level 50 is a bit dumb. but this is where if they balance the exp out then that shouldn't be an issue; you should be able to do Suramar, Tanaan, Icecrown as part of the 10-50 levelling experience sure but not at the expense of the current story.
    Hey there salty toxic person. My ideas are only meant to start a discussion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey there salty toxic person. My ideas are only meant to start a discussion.
    ah yes, like the one where you call for a boycott against The Maw. or the one where you wanted WoW to become free to play for level 1 to 50 (which, I will point out, directly conflicts with this "idea"). how about the one where you reckon New World will destroy WoW based on nothing? or maybe your fake ass 9.1 systems leak, followed closely by all your silly LFR ideas.

I stand by my original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ah yes, like the one where you call for a boycott against The Maw. or the one where you wanted WoW to become free to play for level 1 to 50 (which, I will point out, directly conflicts with this "idea"). how about the one where you reckon New World will destroy WoW based on nothing? or maybe your fake ass 9.1 systems leak, followed closely by all your silly LFR ideas.

I stand by my original statement.
    I never use disrespectful words. This is what I meant by toxic/salty. Also, I only say these things to try and create a sense of urgency / push blizzard to make the game I like an even better game so that the competition doesn’t destroy the game I spent more than 15 years playing?

None of what non blizzard devs suggest ever makes it in terms of major systems. They “might” take an idea and change it to become something different so they can get credit for it.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-10-03 at 03:43 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands starts at 50.

Chromie Time ends at 50.

End of discussion. They wont' let you skip half of Shadowlands.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I never use disrespectful words. This is what I meant by toxic/salty. Also, I only say these things to try and create a sense of urgency / push blizzard to make the game I like an even better game so that the competition doesn’t destroy the game I spent more than 15 years playing?

None of what non blizzard devs suggest ever makes it in terms of major systems. They “might” take an idea and change it to become something different so they can get credit for it.
    no you don't use disrespectful words, that doesn't just make your ideas good. even now you're so deluded that your ideas are good that despite people overwhelmingly voting no you're still convinced that you're right. see below:

That’s likely because the poll is not giving enough choices other than increase Chromie Time cap to 55. Maybe they want 59? Maybe 60? As possibilities. I haven’t tried it because it is broken / not ready yet.