Poll: New Shadowlands release date?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no way they are releasing close to Cyberpunk 2077's release date in November, my vote is second week December or after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Literally no one knows and guessing is completely pointless
    You've literally said nothing with that comment

Our entire lives run to that rule, doesn't mean it isn't fun guessing what might happen.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms Book Delayed to November 24th

Mmmhmm it was meant to come the 20th of October, 1 week before SL. Wowhead speculates it has lore stuff that they dont want to get spoil long before launch. But if it was supposed to come a week before the expansion, we looking at a 1st of December launch if we follow the same pattern.
    Ohh this is interesting. Could be their working date. But I read the description on that book on Amazon and it sounds like it has nothing to do with Shadowlands lore, but idk it's very hard to judge that https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf.../dp/1950366278

15+ Year Old Account
    While I don't expect it I'm hoping for 2021. I haven't played BfA since like a week after it launched and I have an extire expansions worth of content to do. Been playing none stop for a week now and I've only just found the essences for my neck lol. I'd appreciate a bit of time to fiddle

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    Ohh this is interesting. Could be their working date. But I read the description on that book on Amazon and it sounds like it has nothing to do with Shadowlands lore, but idk it's very hard to judge that https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf.../dp/1950366278
    I got no idea myself what's in the book except places and stuff, but it could be a "hint" towards how they plan the release. Doesn't have to be any lore related either I guess, they might just want to release the book the week before the expansion.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-10-03 at 08:19 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    To everyone voting Dec 1st, do you really think they are going to open up mythic raiding 3 days before christmas day? All I can say is give your heads a collective shake.
    No, I think wait for Season 1 will be way longer this time. Few weeks ago I would agree that such split would create massive uproar, but now imo situation changed:

- delay got really positive response and community is prepared for unusual timeframes
    - SL is their hardest expac to balance and launch month before raid gives them MASSIVE amount of data from Mythic 0 dungeons (few k playing on Beta vs literally millions playing on launch)

But imo it will be similar to 8.1 launch -> BoD, so around 8th December for release and 12th January for season 1 (could be 5th January if devs will have shorter Christmas break this year).

To everyone voting Dec 1st, do you really think they are going to open up mythic raiding 3 days before christmas day? All I can say is give your heads a collective shake.
    No, because they won't open the raid until 2021.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Just saw something interesting on Reddit;

"Original release of the book " World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, " was designed to be released on 20th October. 6 Days before SL release.

It's new reschedule states 24th November, meaning SL might be releasing 1st December. The book likely contains some spoilers, therefore it was planned to release close to the expansion."

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...inted_by_book/

I'm not sure if this is any indicator.

Either way if the delay is longer than 2-3 weeks I can't see the raid being opened this year, and at this point I really don't believe the raid will open this year. Early-Mid December release with Early January raid opening is my prediction.

*Edit* Just noticed someone above pointed it out, my bad.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2020-10-03 at 10:58 AM.

The book was coming out a week before SL anyways. I bet it has spoilers from pre-patch, like what happens to Nathanos. So I'm guessing that means SL on Dec. 1st or 8th, with the raid dropping in January.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize there is no hard rule saying the raid HAS to drop exactly 2 weeks after the expac launch right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The book was coming out a week before SL anyways. I bet it has spoilers from pre-patch, like what happens to Nathanos. So I'm guessing that means SL on Dec. 1st or 8th, with the raid dropping in January.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize there is no hard rule saying the raid HAS to drop exactly 2 weeks after the expac launch right?
    While the raid doesn't have to drop 2 weeks after an expansion launches, a lot of people including me want to raid new content ASAP and not wait ANOTHER month for the raids to release.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    While the raid doesn't have to drop 2 weeks after an expansion launches, a lot of people including me want to raid new content ASAP and not wait ANOTHER month for the raids to release.
    bad news in waiting for you then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    bad news in waiting for you then.
    Well, I hope for the best.
    Don't get me wrong, I have stuff to do on WoW, but I just really want to raid something new and fresh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    For what it's worth historically the raid releases 3 weeks after launch. The expansion dropping on December 15th and the raid opening January 5th would be well within normality of an expansion release. A December 8th launch with a January 5th raid release would only be an extra week wait, which you could argue is mitigated by it being Christmas and not feeling like as much of a wait.

I think early december, and the raid will be delayed in sometimes in january. Seems reasonable, they wont release a raid during holidays

Personal opinion...a week or two before Christmas. If they pushed it back from late October I doubt a week or two will be enough which counts out November. An early December would also allow them to push back raid/m+ for a couple extra weeks for a bit of more fine tuning g as I doubt they would release those during the Holidays as well.

I don't think the argument of "necessarily more than two weeks from the original date" is sound. They were about to release it on October 26th, and the seeming cause of the delay was community concern, not factors internal to the development team. If without the community push they would have released on October 26th, then it's quite reasonable to suppose a 4-week prepatch with the xpac launching November 9th. All of the problems of holiday distractions and Cyberpunk 2077 loom more dire if they extend much beyond that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I don't think the argument of "necessarily more than two weeks from the original date" is sound. They were about to release it on October 26th, and the seeming cause of the delay was community concern, not factors internal to the development team. If without the community push they would have released on October 26th, then it's quite reasonable to suppose a 4-week prepatch with the xpac launching November 9th. All of the problems of holiday distractions and Cyberpunk 2077 loom more dire if they extend much beyond that.
    I think it's clear internally they knew it wasn't ready too based on the timeline of notable events that happened from August 27th to the delay being official.

If they were only delaying it 2-3 weeks we would have likely got a date with the delay.

My bet is on early December. Early November doesn't make sense because it is not worth to delay for two weeks only. Late November doesn't make sense because of all the holiday shenanigans and other major releases. Early December gives them ample time to work on the game and nice headroom for patches and raid release before Christmas. Also it will allow team some time off on Thanksgiving to be ready for all the pre-/post-release madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the big deal with raids releasing over xmas break? Not like people are going to be having huge gatherings this year. And for the race guys, it's not like they would take time off from WoW anyways. If anything wouldn't xmas week be great for business because EVERYONE is at home playing the game? Mythic raiders are the only people I see being affected by a normal raid release schedule, and that's like what, 10% of the population? Does Blizz care?

Nov 17 or December 1st.