Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't see how in any way, shape, or form Blizzard is responsible for anyone scheduling days off from work.

Adults take full weeks off to take their families to Disneyland or Disneyworld and spend thousands of dollars on travel fees, park fees, hotels, etc. and this is considered vacation by any normal person.

I take a couple of days off to vacation in Azeroth, which cost me the price of the game, my monthly sub, and I'm still getting paid from work because it's "vacation" and people judge me because I took time off to play a video game? "Are you nuts?" this is what my girlfriend said to me not too long ago after I told her I took a couple of days off for Shadowlands.

I don't see anything wrong with this. I mean to each their own honestly, however YOU feel inclined to spend your money and time is up to you. I wouldn't let other people's opinions affect me as long as what I am doing isn't hurting anyone.

I think most of the people who think it's crazy to use vacation days on a game are people that work in a job where they don't have many benefits if any. I get a vacation day and sick day every 2 weeks and a week of floating holidays every year which usually ends up as my vacation anyway, plus every other government holiday I get off anyway as well. I didn't take time off for Shadowlands, but I thought about it just to use the time.

People who bully/harras other people just because they want to spend their free time on hobbies(and I seriously don't care if your hobby is travelling, reading books, playing games, spending time with your family, drawing or whatever) are sub-humans.

Trying to bring other people down, because they are spending their free time the way THEY WANT to, is retarded. There aren't any justification for having negative emotions towards people who aren't harming anyone.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-10-03 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I think the biggest problem about all of it is the fact the people that took time off, usually a couple of weeks, are acting like blizzard owes them something now that the release has been delayed, its no ones problem but your own. It also looks kinda sad when you plan weeks off for a release of a wow xpac.
    Funny thing it IS Blizz problem, they promised a date and they didnt deliver, dunno how can you blame this on the player ......

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Funny thing it IS Blizz problem, they promised a date and they didnt deliver, dunno how can you blame this on the player ......
    Promised? Can you be a little more dramatic?
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Towstie View Post
    I don't see how in any way, shape, or form Blizzard is responsible for anyone scheduling days off from work.
    They absolutely are not. Blizzard is responsible for setting expectations. And once they set those expectations and fail to deliver on them, they erode trust with the community. It doesn't matter if it's a dance studio, a release date, class balance, or zones: having these expectations set and then not delivered upon breeds disappointment.

How we deal with that disappointment is entirely on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've taken 1-2 weeks off for every expansion before starting with WotLK, never been judged at all.

Fuckers make themselves looks so proud and smug when they show off that they took a week or two off for launch. Serves those fuckers right.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What do you mean why? Isn't the reason obvious?
    So they can sit back for 2 days and enjoy the game without coming back from work tired and just go through it.
    LOL at your stupid question.
    do you even read bruh?

Why is it a problem if you have taken time off work on SL original release date?

In the discussion about the SL delay, something that I read and hear very often is "that sucks a lot for people who have taken time off" and things like that.
    Why does this matter A MONTH before the release date? Just cancel your time off and book it again as soon as we knew the new release date.

I have worked in 5 different countries in europe, I had some very shitty jobs and some good ones and never ever was it a problem to just move your vacation (as long as the new date is not the school summer breaks). I have not even heard of people that had such an issue.

I can understand that when you work in a shop that is very inflexible with working hours that changing shifts like a week ago could be a problem, but a whole MONTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Other people are not you. Your experiences are not universal.

If more people understood those two simple sentences this world would be a much better place.
    That is amazingly helpful. You’ve contributed.

Why do we need another of these threads exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That is amazingly helpful. You’ve contributed.
    I mean, he's not wrong.

People are not retards, if they say it's an issue for them - then it's an issue and I certainly can see how it can be an issue.

A decade ago I used to work in a position that required booking vacations good 2-3 months beforehand, these things absolutely exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    In the discussion about the SL delay, something that I read and hear very often is "that sucks a lot for people who have taken time off" and things like that.
    Why does this matter A MONTH before the release date? Just cancel your time off and book it again as soon as we knew the new release date.

I have worked in 5 different countries in europe, I had some very shitty jobs and some good ones and never ever was it a problem to just move your vacation (as long as the new date is not the school summer breaks). I have not even heard of people that had such an issue.

I can understand that when you work in a shop that is very inflexible with working hours that changing shifts like a week ago could be a problem, but a whole MONTH?
    So, you worked a few jobs and now you think you know about every job on the planet?
    Before I started freelancing I was working in different jobs for 3 big german companies. And changing vacation plans only a few weeks prior was pretty much impossible. Especially if I would wanna change from the release date to lets say decembre would have been impossible, because those people who planned vacations over christmas/new years already blocked those days by then.

so yeah, maybe don't trouble yourself with other peoples problems but if you do, just think about if they all really would start shitting on blizz if changing their vacation was THAT easy.

Well, personally I also would not have any problem rescheduling my vaccation days, but obviously it is for some people.

A simple reason for example is if your business relies heavily on the end-of-the-year period - from retail to financial insitutes for example - where it might not be so easy to get free days later in the year in the first place, even less if collegues already have a scheduled holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Other people are not you. Your experiences are not universal.

If more people understood those two simple sentences this world would be a much better place.
    He's not wrong, though. I've never worked at a job that was better than minimum wage where you couldn't cancel time off and reuse it if you wanted to. And if you're working minimum wage, you probably don't have that much time off anyway.

See, now that's how you contribute to a thread. If more people understood that simple concept this forum would be a much better place.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

15+ Year Old Account
    Every Job is different. Some require you to give notice months in advance, even more so if your position is in management.
    I get why people are annoyed. End of the day, there isn't anything anyone can do about it.
    Not happy? Cancel your Shadowlands preorder and try a new game.
    That is pretty much the limit of your recourse.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    He's not wrong, though. I've never worked at a job that was better than minimum wage where you couldn't cancel time off and reuse it if you wanted to. And if you're working minimum wage, you probably don't have that much time off anyway.

See, now that's how you contribute to a thread. If more people understood that simple concept this forum would be a much better place.
    Insinuating that someone has to be at a minimum wage job to have this issue is "better"? Making it sound like they don't get paid vacation or anything?

Good for you that you've never had that issue, I guess. There's plenty of jobs that do have such an issue though.

“Take time off” could also refer to traded shifts. I am bow stuck with two 4am shifts I took instead of the two night shifts I was supposed to have on Wednesday and Thursday in the launch week, so yeah I am pissed off.
    I took a third shift off, which I applied to have cancelled, but due to the low work load due to COVID, I might not be able to get that cancelled.