Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The arrogance is always a bit baffling. Yes, you, average Joe, with your level 120 iLvl 432 DK-Main are most certainly able to sue Activision-Blizzard, a multi-billion dollar company on basis of "They moved the release date."... Not to say that its not right to fight large companies? ... But do you really believe that they are not quadrouple secured in their EULA about those things?

...even if they had not offered refunds on their own.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    If you didn't notice pre-order always said "available before 31 December". There is a reason for that.
    Yeah, it's always had the fine print (unless it changed recently) that the game is slated to be released on/before 31DEC2020. Lines up with almost all the advertisement of Q4 release, which is between 01OCT2020 and 31DEC20202. Even if they announced a potential release date, pre-orders were still sold with the advisement of the aforementioned terms. Add on top they're allowing refunds over the delay news, which still doesn't indicate they'd fail to make their purchase terms' release window, and you'd basically get laughed at if you tried to make a claim over this (also, the OP's source even indicates if you offer a full refund, they're off the hook).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You could imagine a multi dollar company was capable of knowing how far development is 2 months before announcing the release. We wouldn't need any kind of refund if they wouldn't be so uncoordinated.
    Management sets the deadline, you would be surprised how out of touch upper management often is with the rest of a company. They used rough estimates when parts of the expansion is done, they'll have some sort of time line but it's not like they are building a house here.

This is also all happening admits an industry that is becoming heavily opposed against "crunch time" and customers are also becoming more aware of this, that could also play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Anyone care to explain to an European the American desire to create lawsuits over the most frivolous issues?
    And the desire to sue big companies while at the same time voting against consumer protection and restriction of rights of said big companies?

Also fairly certain you won't have any case as they'll just give you a refund, considering you are on this forum there's a high chance you'll buy the game on release anyway so, as others have said and i will echo once more, you truly have too much free time.
    you hope for a quick go away settlement offer, lawyer time quickly becomes more expensive than that. and ofc, even though chances are you won't actually proceed to court, it's also just simply risk management.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    People acting like it's the first video game delay in history..
    Or as if they won't play when it releases anyways, so they'll be paying for it again.

jesus christ people....are you not planning on spendign the money to upgrade when it comes out now? Christ...So much bitching about it not being ready so they actually listened and agreed and pushed the date back...and now people are complaining cause of that..

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    Well don't announce a release date until you are sure it'll be ready by this date.

Blizzard didn't announce the release date for our benefit, they did so because they wanted to create hype that the expansion was gonna release soon, so that people who hadn't preordered yet would preorder and get ready.
    1. players asked for a release date eveyr 30 seconds for months.
    2. yes they did release it for our benefit, so we would know when it released.
    3. idk if you know, but delays are never something a company does just because...

10+ Year Old Account
    OT, I think there's a good argument for Blizzard that "releasing" SL is not the same as "shipping a product" and they could weasel out of this rule if they needed to. Worst comes to worst, they could ship the boxes and say "yeah, your account is upgraded and you have all the data. We never said we'd flick the switch to activate SL on that date".

But yeah, that 31/12/20 date would have been put in for this very contingency.

Interesting question, even if kinda pointless as people have pointed out lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    jesus christ people....are you not planning on spendign the money to upgrade when it comes out now? Christ...So much bitching about it not being ready so they actually listened and agreed and pushed the date back...and now people are complaining cause of that..
    I'm glad they're offering the refund. It serves as a great filter for people I don't want to interact with in game.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Wait until people who bitched about titanforging will now bitch that items don't drop whenever they fart, will be very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I'm glad they're offering the refund. It serves as a great filter for people I don't want to interact with in game.
    Most of them just send empty threats, rest will re-buy it on release.

Only money Blizzard will lose are from people that play only during launch (treat WoW expac like every other game to 'finish' and forget) and only buy it cause nothing interesting for them launch on October. But they don't sit on forums.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-10-03 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    IMO it was always their intention to delay the game since the beginning. They just had to give us a date to please their overlords
    lololololol what?
    they coulda just... given a later date to please their overlords.. if they truely beleived they were always going to delay.

I have literally just gotten an e-mail from them (and by just i mean 2 days ago) offering a refund should I want it, so... /shrug (no I didn't take them up on their offer)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

Not sure if true or bologna.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order
    Chances are it only applies if there was a release date when you purchased it, most preorders were made long before the release date. As long as they provide sufficient reasoning; allow you to cancel and receive a refund then that's all you get. Blizzard explained why it was pushed back and they are allowing refunds so what they have done is totally within the law. By not canceling your order you are consenting to the delay!

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    No one is trying to say it has as many subs as it did in it's heyday. But it is literally the only game that is 15+ years old that is subscription only. Everyone else has gone F2P to try and get newer players.

The game isn't dead.
    i mean not true but ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Lol this reminds me of Starcraft ghost, I think my neighbor preordered that like 2 years (or however long it was, more than a month) before it got indefinitely put on hold/cancelled.
    you couldnt pre-order it...
    it literally never got put up for sale...

oh wow nvm turns out some retailers started doing pre-orders, i guess technically any store can do pre-orders at any time with the "coming at some date"

I guess my op came out wrong. This is more to speculate a new launch date and thinking if that rule is true, then it have to be November 26th at the latest?

Also cyberpunk wasn't able to be pre-ordered during those other delay dates, therefore that apples to oranges

I guess my op came out wrong. This is more to speculate a new launch date and thinking if that rule is true, then it have to be November 26th at the latest?

Also cyberpunk wasn't able to be pre-ordered during those other delay dates, therefore that apples to oranges
    They said coming later this year.
    So sometime before december 31st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I'm amazed that people are pre-purchasing a game that is in a death spiral...
    Yeah you mean the prophesied death of WoW that has been going on since BC? That death spiral?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You obviously don't read so ill clue you in on the servers that are being combined together. Some are combined up to 9 into one but that must be because the game is breaking records in sub numbers....
    Oh shit the sub numbers were leaked!? can you link me on that?
    or are you talking about server mergers? cause funny enough even in wotlk when wow was its largest it was doing server mergers.
    (Although back then it was "we are moving everyone from one realm to another, and then shutting down the original realm")

if i go to the battle.net store right now, the only thing about release date it says is "later this year".

if you want to speculate just start with subtracting time periods when they cant release due to holidays and you'll be able to narrow it down a lot better.

Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

Not sure if true or bologna.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order
    You act like you've never seen a game be delayed before. The way you're acting, you would have had a stroke by the time Duke Nukem Forever came out.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!