10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, there is no alternative here. And putting McConnell and the GoP Senators on record, publicly, pulling those kinds of shenanigans would be an unexpected silver lining.
    True. But I'm simply saying... I'm not holding my breath for them to do the correct or sensible thing.

I've found it's a good strategy to never count on Trump and the GOP to NOT do the worst possible thing in any given situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is VERY interesting. Not making a quorum might have legs. Collins could avoid the whole because she needs to be campaigning. The Democrats could en masse avoid the Senate Floor by either not being in Washington D.C. or claiming that the COVID-19 threat is too high to closely mingle.
    Like I said, though. McConnell will probably try and move hell and earth, no matter the health risks or the state of infection of the senators, to shove the nomination through.

"You're sick with Covid? Well, you can still walk and say 'aye,' right? Then get your ass to the capitol building and approve the SCOTUS nomination, or you can kiss any hope of reelection goodbye!" ~ McConnell to the rest of the GOP senators, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Even if McConnell is that reckless I doubt the number of very old members of the GOP are willing to risk their lives for his wet dream.
    Again, their recklessness approaching the matter, including losing Herman Cain and Trump losing his actual brother and them still being utterly cavalier with it, make me think otherwise.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-04 at 12:29 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Again, their recklessness approaching the matter, including losing Herman Cain and Trump losing his actual brother and them still being utterly cavalier with it, make me think otherwise.
    A lot of them pulled out early from Trump's Florida nomination, these are very selfish people Herman Cain was a fool and died like one these guys aren't going to put their lives on the line for Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Like I said, though. McConnell will probably try and move hell and earth, no matter the health risks or the state of infection of the senators, to shove the nomination through.

"You're sick with Covid? Well, you can still walk and say 'aye,' right? Then get your ass to the capitol building and approve the SCOTUS nomination, or you can kiss any hope of reelection goodbye!" ~ McConnell to the rest of the GOP senators, probably.
    Good point - McConnell will do anything to get this confirmation done. There is still the lame duck session...hmmmmm, quorum issues there, too - right?

Just saw that strange video of him apparently recorded in the hospital. What was this about? Bad editing? https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...31635334598656

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    JBad editing?
    Biting back a cough.

Played the original video -- there's nothing out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw that strange video of him apparently recorded in the hospital. What was this about? Bad editing? https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...31635334598656
    Looks like they were trying to edit out a cough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I mean...odd, but it looks like he had a little hiccup. Not gonna jump to any conclusions off of that alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Looks like they were trying to edit out a cough?
    They didn't edit out a cough. Again, play the original video -- he stops to eat a burp or whatever, and keeps going. There's no cut to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They didn't edit out a cough. Again, play the original video -- he stops to eat a burp or whatever, and keeps going. There's no cut to be seen.
    Ah clearly it was just the small carrot demon that pilots the Trump suit trying to escape before COVID causes a meltdown. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latest poll says Biden is ahead in Florida 47/42.

538's aggregate puts it between 2 and 3.

Florida joins Georgia as being an ideal place for Biden to throw some "suicide" campaign team members and ads, enough to throw Team Trump off-balance and force them to retaliate. I didn't think Florida would make that list, but I didn't think Georgia would be on the list either.

Biden would win the election if it went by polls done over the last week, but of course that's not how it works. Team Trump is launching something called "Operation MAGA" which is a blitz of people who are not Trump, trying to carry Trump's message while Trump can't. Not being complete idiots, most of these events are virtual. There is no reason for Biden to slow down or stop, and expect him to also be joined by allies as things continue.

While I don't put it past Trump's team to do all sorts of fuckery with videos, the video shared on his twitter doesn't appear to be edited.

Florida joins Georgia as being an ideal place for Biden to throw some "suicide" campaign team members and ads, enough to throw Team Trump off-balance and force them to retaliate. I didn't think Florida would make that list, but I didn't think Georgia would be on the list either.

Biden would win the election if it went by polls done over the last week, but of course that's not how it works. Team Trump is launching something called "Operation MAGA" which is a blitz of people who are not Trump, trying to carry Trump's message while Trump can't. Not being complete idiots, most of these events are virtual. There is no reason for Biden to slow down or stop, and expect him to also be joined by allies as things continue.
    I think it might be good idea if Biden was joined by Bernie and AOC on the trail in certain key places. Like Bernie won Iowa and Nevada, not long ago, could go a long way.

It is believed it was cut and the morph cut feature in Adobe Premier was used to blend it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It is believed it was cut and the morph cut feature in Adobe Premier was used to blend it.
    There's an edited version going around and a non-edited version going around...

tbh i wouldn't bet it wasn't edited. but then again, Trump has slurs and crap all the time, so not sure if it's covid or just trump being his regular senile self.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Biden winning Florida would be the deathknell of Trump. It's amazing that either state is even competitive. I share your pessimism that Biden won't carry either, but it's nice to see that the GOtrumP has to spend resources on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Well I put the original on full screen and looked at various points. I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Until:

Joe Biden (D) / Kamala Harris (D)
    Howie Hawkins (G) / Angela Nicole Walker (G)
    Jo Jorgensen (L) / Spike Cohen (L)
    Donald Trump (R) / Mike Pence (R)

Are all on the stage the debates are nothing but shows for the media outlet to get advertising dollars. There should be a law that every candidate that is on enough ballots to win the election by getting enough electoral votes has to be at every debate.
    Other wise the debate is a farce.

(Yes all four of the candidates have enough ballots to get 270 electoral votes.)
    Did Jorgensen and Hawkins make efforts to get in the debates that were shot down by the debate committee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is an interesting moral dilemma for me. I sincerely believe the world is a better place without Donald Trump. He is irredeemable. He's selfish to an astounding degree, sows chaos wherever he goes. He's not a good businessman, and his true business legacy is a rash of destruction left behind for those stupid enough to buy into the mystique and do business with him.

He's also superb at identifying and magnifying the fault lines in the American psyche, using the polarizing internet to his advantage. With coronavirus, he has certainly made things worse than basically any other leader would have - this is because he's utterly incompetent so his only real move is to do nothing and try to convince everyone that it's overblown and will go away on its own.

He has spread so much misinformation and encouraged an entire group of people to follow him into a dark hole of "alternative facts". He's been a disaster for our country.

And now he's sick. People say that you're never supposed to wish that anyone dies, but when you believe someone is truly evil, does that still hold?

My sentiments are:

Trump has coronavirus. Fuck him.
    I wouldn’t say trump is truly evil, I’ll leave that title to Mitch McConnell.

But he is better left alive to face justice.

Well I put the original on full screen and looked at various points. I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
    I'm not trying to break your balls or anything, put that's kinda the point of tools like that. I'm not an expert one way or the other though, just passing on opinions of people in the video editing world.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown