10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    you mean feelings right?
    No

s

I believe both Uzaki-chan and Rent a Girlfriend got second seasons announced.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Oregairu S3 was pretty good but shit as an adaptation. They cut so many important scenes to fit in worst girl fluff. Waifushit truly can ruin any series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime IRL:

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Same issue with S2.
    Definitely, way worse in S3 though. At least Haruno scenes didn't get butchered too badly.

More Yuru Camp s2 visuals
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2020-10-01 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/ej0rxEK.jpg/img]
    Super excited for the return of the comfiest anime ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yooooooooo! How did I not know there was a Shaft anime-original Magical Girl series airing this season?

Assault Lily: Bouquet just aired the first episode and it shows some promise. Ok, so it's not actually a Magical Girl series. More a battle school series with some magical girl elements. Still, the fight scenes were really nice and there are hints to some darker elements as well as some light yuri baiting. All wrapped up with that sexy Shaft style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yooooooooo! How did I not know there was a Shaft anime-original Magical Girl series airing this season?

Assault Lily: Bouquet just aired the first episode and it shows some promise. Ok, so it's not actually a Magical Girl series. More a battle school series with some magical girl elements. Still, the fight scenes were really nice and there are hints to some darker elements as well as some light yuri baiting. All wrapped up with that sexy Shaft style.
    Its bad. Just another school trash show with girls only.

Burn the Witch was not that bad, but its weird tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Nooooooooooooooo HorribleSubs closed down

10+ Year Old Account
    [

- - - Updated - - -

Nooooooooooooooo HorribleSubs closed down
    Blame the virus for it.
    https://www.epicdope.com/horriblesub...d-19-pandemic/

There are still other teams that translate anyway, so its not a bit problem. It would be realy crappy if a site i use right now would go down tho.

rip horriblesubs, truly the best fansub group of all time

a

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    rip horriblesubs, truly the best fansub group of all time

a

[video=youtube;7U6eHY1M9WM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U6eHY1M9WM[video]

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [video=youtube;QIru9RdKGzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIru9RdKGzY[video]
    Precious City Pop Shark.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken -- one thing that bothers me is they didnt go fully on dragon ball character models (monster models are same as games pretty much). Akira Toriyama style just fits it better as series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXLd...able_polymer=1

King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi -- pretty dark for 1.st episode

I'm Standing On 1,000,000 Lives -- hard to say if this will be good or bad

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III -- duh you know its gona be good

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls -- pretty much just garbage

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai -- trash

Inu to Neko Docchi mo Katteru to Mainichi Tanoshii -- meh

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle -- why does this exist?

Tonikaku Kawaii -- romance garbage

Rail Romanesque -- its bad ... it would be much better if they replaced those girls with those 2 train guys from black and white pokemon game

Still gota watch and check:
    Senyoku no Sigrdrifa
    Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko
    Munou na Nana
    Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen
    Date A Bullet: Dead or Bullet (dont have high hopes)
    Majo no Tabitabi

Let me know if i missed anything new.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei S2 is the only thing that interests me this season. I hope that the adaptation is better than S1. The light novels go into depth about the magic system and the tactics being used, so when Tatsuya does something it is an "aha!" moment, rather than feeling like an asspull with some technobabble thrown in as seen in the adaptation. The S1 adaptation also did a poor job of conveying Tatsuya's predicament. If you've only seen the anime, it looks like Tatsuya has a glamorous life, but if you read the book it's kind of sad. He is was the product of horrific human experimentation by his clan that left his mind neutered, so it's hard for him to emote or socialize. Said human experimentations have made him very powerful... and the target of many organizations trying to use him or take him out. He wiped out an invasion fleet and has to live in hiding for the rest of his life in fear of assassins or revenge strikes, and he's effectively being blackmailed by the government to do their bidding. He's trying to invent nuclear fusion so that the world won't need to rely upon and manipulate mages like him, so that he could finally rest in peace.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-04 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei S2 is the only thing that interests me this season. I hope that the adaptation is better than S1. The light novels go into depth about the magic system and the tactics being used, so when Tatsuya does something it is an "aha!" moment, rather than feeling like an asspull with some technobabble thrown in as seen in the adaptation. The S1 adaptation also did a poor job of conveying Tatsuya's predicament. If you've only seen the anime, it looks like Tatsuya has a glamorous life, but if you read the book it's kind of sad. He is was the product of horrific human experimentation by his clan that left his mind neutered, so it's hard for him to emote or socialize. Said human experimentations have made him very powerful... and the target of many organizations trying to use him or take him out. He wiped out an invasion fleet and has to live in hiding for the rest of his life in fear of assassins or revenge strikes, and he's effectively being blackmailed by the government to do their bidding. He's trying to invent nuclear fusion so that world won't need to rely upon and manipulate mages like him, so that he could finally rest in peace.

Damn, seems like the anime vastly improved on the novel then. The novel sounds like it makes the MC both edgy and incredibly annoying. Thank God we have the anime to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Damn, seems like the anime vastly improved on the novel then. The novel sounds like it makes the MC both edgy and incredibly annoying. Thank God we have the anime to fix that.
    Eh, I never felt that Tatsuya was "edgy" or "annoying" in either version. I guess he can come off as condescending in the anime, when he straight up tells weak people that they are weak, but if you've read the LN you know that's not Tatsuya trying to put people down; that's just Tatsuya with his awkward personality and its his way of trying to put people down. Tatsuya has a more idealist-realist perspective on the world; he wants things to be better for everyone but he's not delusional.

If I had complaints about the series, it'd be about 1. the main romance and 2. the presentation of other nations.

I'm not opposed to incest, but like every romance the series needs to sell me on the romance, sell me on why these characters actually love each other (not just lust after each other; love). I have found very few stories where I was sold on romance, sold that two characters actually loved each other. The romance in Mahouka, like most romances I've seen, doesn't convince me. I understand why Miyuki loves Tatsuya; she has been through hell with him and seen his heroism, but I'm not sold that Miyuki deserves to be with him. She never really sacrifices anything for him or shows consideration for Tatsuya. She just clings to him like a girl with a crush. Tatsuya, on the other hand, actually shows consideration for Miyuki, but I don't really know what he sees in her, why he loves her. It gets more murky when you consider that Tatsuya's brain has been hardwired by experimentation to stick by and protect Miyuki no matter what, so does Tatsuya love Miyuki out of free will? Does he truly love her, want to be with her? Or is that just the nature of his being forcing him to do it?

The other thing I'm not a fan of is the portrayal of foreign nations. I'd be fine if the Chinese and American agents the protagonists fought were simply exceptions to the rule, that China and America were run by the most ruthless, evil people, with the average person beneath them being normal people, but in Mahouka literally every non-Japanese character is evil or out to get the heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been looking online at what people seem to be hyped for.

Jujutsu Kaisen seems to be really hyped for its fight animation. Well, sure, cool fights are cool, but fights only make up one aspect of the show. If the rest of the story and the characters and the pacing isn't up to snuff... well we'll see.

Tonikaku Kawaii has my interest piqued in that it seems to be a story I've been longing for a long, long time. A romance in which the characters actually get together during the story... and we get to see their life together. It feels like in every romance, the characters don't get together until the epilogue of the story. Sword At Online is the only anime I've seen where you actually got to see the characters be together. Hopefully this show isn't a bait and switch where they get "married"... but they're not actually together.

- - - Updated - - -

Guraburu! is going to be a series of a short comedy anime segments based on Grand Blues, the comedy comic strip for Grandblue Fantasy. Unless you're into GBF like me it probably won't resonate with you (also, GBF has hundreds of characters, not even I know all of them).

Akudama Drive sounds like it might be interesting.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park sounds like it might be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/ej0rxEK.jpg[mg]
    Ayyy, Rin's hair is back to being long