Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    The Neo Ishgardian items are lower stats than my Weathered set though.
    Make sure you're looking at the Higher Quality items, the ones with the little symbol next to them. You'll need to click onto an item from the market board to see if any HQ ones are listed, and from there you can see the stats. FF14's Market Board is not very intuituve.

Those should be much better than Weathered gear by far, and even better than what you'll get as drops from current Dungeons.

Finally beat ShB and got caught up to 5.3 recently - so I can actually view these threads again. Really enjoyed the ending to the MSQ, and what we have up to 5.3. Still need to beat the puppet raid though, and try out some of the end-game dungeons. Always get distracted with leveling alt classes and crafters. I wonder if we'll be going to the Garlean Empire for more than a side-thing? We always get teased it, but never into it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I think Venat should have been Azem. How ironic would it have been if we were a primal just like Elidibus and were destined to combat the other over our opposing belief?
    That wouldn't make sense. Azem's soul was split into 14. How would Hydaelyn, and why, split her own heart in 14?

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Azem's features are quite distinct, and the second one from the right matches perfectly.
    Yes indeed, especially the hooded mantle and the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Finally beat ShB and got caught up to 5.3 recently - so I can actually view these threads again. Really enjoyed the ending to the MSQ, and what we have up to 5.3.
    Did the same lol wanted to read this thread, so I rushed through. Also, I like the freedom to do whatever you want at endgame.

According to Meoni, FFXIV 5.35 is coming October 13. So Bozja and more housing plots in two weeks. 5.4 aiming for December-ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I wonder if we'll be going to the Garlean Empire for more than a side-thing? We always get teased it, but never into it all.
    I'm sure Garlemald will have a presence in the MSQ, but I don't expect it to be the endgame.

5.3 spoilers, predictions for 6.0 and onwards
    Spoiler: 
    At this point, the Empire is in the midst of full scale collapse. All of their sane, reliable leaders like Regula and Varis are long gone, leaving just nutjobs like Zenos and Valens who can't/won't rule competently and are just going to end up bringing ruin to everyone. Most of the Empire's territory isn't loyal to the empire, just provinces that are ruled by fear, and are now taking the opportunity to rebel and break off. Basch just lost control of Dalmasca and now he's losing control of Bozja too. Apparently the Empire's military and industrial infrastructure has been wrecked/is inadequate to maintain the Empire, as Valens and Basch are going on a quest to obtain superweapons in the hope that they will miraculously attain victory (similar to how during WW2, when it became obvious that the Japanese's and German's military and industrial capacity was utterly, utterly dwarfed by the Allies, they began experimenting with different exotic weapons in the hope of trying to find SOMETHING that would turn things around). Even then, the Empire can't hope to quell the rebellions when their own homeland is in the midst of civil war, as people like Lord Nerva try to take over and carve out their own territories. There is also a mass defection taking place. Remember, most of the Empire's military is made up of conscripts who were taken away from their homelands. You even have Garlean scientists following in Cid's foosteps and defecting to the Eorzean Alliance too.

At best, Zenos may be able to reassert control in the capital, but it just doesn't have the numbers or the industry to quell the rebellions and maintain the empire's borders, let alone fight the Eorzean Alliance. But that's not his goal anyway. I expect he's just going to reassert control in the capital and then direct the empire's remaining engineers and scientists into trying to do something to the lifestream to trigger the sound and reenact the Final Days. Otherwise he's content with everything burning down around him.

We're already dealing with Basch and Valens in the Bozja and Werlyt questlines in Shadowbringers. By the time we reach 6.0, most occupied Garlean territories will be in open revolt and the Garleans there will have been overthrown or forced to withdraw to the empire's homeland, which will be controlled by Zenos. We might pass through the former occupied territories in 6.0, maybe fight a few holdouts or convince them to surrender. Then we will go to Garlemald's homeland. It'll be more like the Allies storming Berlin; there will be a few bad guys left who will fight to the end, but for the most part it's pretty much over and it's more of a mop up and restore order operation. Zenos will flee to to the lifestream, where the Source of the Sound is, or go to the Moon to obtain Zodiark's power. We will push for either Lord Nerva (assuming he doesn't die offscreen to Zenos) or Gaius (assuming he doesn't die in the Werylt questline) as Garlemald's new leader. We'll have to fight Zenos' regime for sure, but I don't think it'll be a hard fight like the Ghimlyt Dark.

I expect this to all happen by the first half of 6.0. The rest of 6.0 will be about trying to fix the Source of the Sound and stop the Final Days, with Zenos awaiting us at the end. We will get Sharlayan's help and the Scions will devise a plan to go to the Lifestream and fix the Source of the Sound. The devs might bring back the Presence of Silvertear Lake mystery from 1.0 and recontextualize Silvertear lake as being a cavern to the center of the world, so we will travel down that to reach the Lifestream. The WoL will finally get to 1v1 Zenos again... but will lose. But that's okay, but the WoL isn't about being strong like Zenos; his strength is in his friends, so the Scions or an 8 man party will defeat Zenos. Then the WoL and the Scions will fix the Source of the Sound and stop the final days, and everyone lived happily ever after.

6.X patches will be about seeing what happened to Aldenard after. We'll get to see the struggles of the former occupied territories and Garlemald trying to recover and reestablish themselves. We'll get to say goodbye to the cast of characters we met during 2.0-6.0, and that will be the end of the Aldenard story and those characters. Further expansions will be self contained stories taking place in completely different lands with completely different casts of characters, like in Merycadia, the New World, other shards, or the original timeline.

I doubt we will see garlemalde but i wouldn't be surprised if we see more of that town you get to after the Sapphire weapon. You don't make a new architectural artset for a one and done instance like that in an mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm sure Garlemald will have a presence in the MSQ, but I don't expect it to be the endgame.
    Spoilering just because.

Spoiler: 
    Yeah, the obvious tease and what he's trying to do at the end of 5.3 is pretty obvious. Most likely 5.4 and 5.5 will lead up to the events that are happening - a cliff hanger at 5.5 seems evident, and then throughout 6.0 we have to deal with all those issues. I didn't expect Garlemald as the focus, but more-so just actually being there for once. I'd also expect an actual defeat of the WoL - it would fit thematically that Zenos is better than us. Seeing as how we have literal time travel c@ boy with us, I wouldn't put it past the devs to implement a redemption arc with that involved.

IE: We lose and the Final Days comes to pass, it just wasn't the black rose which did us in. Instead we have to find a way to circumvent all of this despite not being ready, at the time of it all happening and facing Zenos. Unless G'raha Tia's magic isn't usable on anyone but himself, if he can even use it now. But throughout ShB they hinted so many times at the magic being usable on others but he was the first, and he then used some kind of it to pull us into the First (I presume?) Maybe I'm lore inept here, just taking wild guesses.

Taking the alt i made after 5.3 to Heavensward doing the post Preatorium/credits ARR stuff and man Crystal Towers questline hits so differently now. Hearing a song we hear a remix of as Shadowbringers 5.0 ended with Graha Tia going to sleep saying "i look forward to you waking me in a bright future my friends" is a hell of a gut punch knowing whats in store for him till we meet again
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2020-09-30 at 12:55 AM.

Hey . . . .. can someone help me? im trying to install the game but i keep getting a runtime error

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Hey . . . .. can someone help me? im trying to install the game but i keep getting a runtime error
    What does the error say? The error should tell you what libraries you are missing. Make sure those are installed and up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I'm still new (rushed to the end) and need minimum ilvl 460 to complete the latest story dungeon. What's the quickest way to get it?
    I also recommend doing the supply & provision turn ins for your alliance. Especially the starred ones every day. Just yesterday I turned in a quality carpentry item (starred) and instantly got from level 42 to 46. You can just buy the materials for the specific ones off the market board.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I also recommend doing the supply & provision turn ins for your alliance. Especially the starred ones every day. Just yesterday I turned in a quality carpentry item (starred) and instantly got from level 42 to 46. You can just buy the materials for the specific ones off the market board.
    It's fucking nutty. You gain a level from the silver ones, no problem - and the HQ Stars give a stupid amount of EXP. I don't remember provisions being THIS good.

What does the error say? The error should tell you what libraries you are missing. Make sure those are installed and up to date.
    It doesnt even tell me wich libraries are missing

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    It doesnt even tell me wich libraries are missing

From the answers I'm seeing online, it seems like it might have something to do with where you are trying to install the game to. If you have Windows 10 then it might be trying to install to One Drive, so try installing to your C Drive (double check to make sure). I'm also seeing answers that say that defragmenting your hard drive might help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've taken a look at the Ishgard reconstruction achievements yesterday.
    Dear God, talk about a soul crushing grind. It boggles my mind how people can put up with sth like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Dear God, talk about a soul crushing grind. It boggles my mind how people can put up with sth like that.
    Apparently on the lower pop servers, it was incredibly easy to to get in the top 100 for lesser used DoH jobs like Carpenter.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I've drifted away from the game for the time being. I don't really have anything to sink my teeth into that isn't a tedious, excessive grind and I think it's a major mistake for the meatier content to have been delayed for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently on the lower pop servers, it was incredibly easy to to get in the top 100 for lesser used DoH jobs like Carpenter.
    I'm not talking about the ranking, I am talking about the achivements (half a million points).
    It's insultingly low what a craft nets you.

I'm not talking about the ranking, I am talking about the achivements (half a million points).
    It's insultingly low what a craft nets you.
    It doesn't help that some achievements have been removed without warning, either. So someone could be working on them slowly over time only to log on after a patch and find their progress made irrelevant.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure what the point of adding achievement certificates was when so few items are added to exchange them for...