Thread: Pc build

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pc build

Budget - around 1k-1,2k
    Resolution - 1080p
    System Purpose - gaming mostly and autocad
    As for the games, WoW, Cyberpunk, RdRd and new titles to come
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - Not really
    Do you plan to overclock? - nah
    Country - Greece
    Preferred Stores / Sites - I will post links below
    Parts that can be reused - none, they are all really outdated
    Do you need an OS? - i will get one for 20e
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - nah

Hello everyone and first of all i want to thank u for ur feedback. I plan to build a pc really soon probably by the end of the month if there is stock, i am pretty much waiting for the rtx3060ti or the Big Navi to check the best value card for the price.
    I will post below the list i think i will go for, but ofc improvements and suggestions are more than welcome.

Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance Black
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600/X
    Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4-3600MHz (BL2K8G36C16U4B)
    Storage: Crucial MX500 M.2 1TB M.2
    Video Card: rtx 3060ti or Big Navi
    Power Supply: S12III-650 650 Watt
    Cpu Cooler: Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim Or Arctic Freezer 34

As for the site: https://www.skroutz.gr/ , https://www.bestprice.gr/

Thanks in advance

Nothing wrong with it really, but I'd wait for Zen 3 announcement. Autocad is very frequency sensitive so a clock boost from Zen 3 might be very welcome. For the GPU afaik the GPU acceleration basically only works with Nvidia, so take that into consideration. Overall I'd skip AMD GPUs if you're doing anything that requires GPU acceleration.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I agree with Thunderball, Zen 3 announcement is in 5 days, so waiting wont take that long. Also Big Navi probably(almost certainly) won't launch this month. It will get announced on the 28th and launch sometime in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wait for a CPU that's only going to be almost as good as an i5 9th gen, when you can get one of those on the cheap, or go for a 10th gen for a similar price and get vastly superior single-thread performance (which is important for CAD)?

Why is the thought "wait for a less shitty AMD" rather than "buy Intel"?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Why wait for a CPU that's only going to be almost as good as an i5 9th gen, when you can get one of those on the cheap, or go for a 10th gen for a similar price and get vastly superior single-thread performance (which is important for CAD)?

Firstly the OP has a 3rd gen Ryzen on his shopping list. Secondly you are making huge assumptions on CPUs that we haven't heard anything conclusive yet.

I know about the new release of AMD but i also read that they wont announce budget cpu and they will announce only top end ones, which makes it pointless. If there is a chance of announcing a cpu similar to 5-3600 i could postpone the purchase from the end of this month to later on this year.

10+ Year Old Account

Because Intel is only really ahead in gaming, and even then only if you buy the 9700/9900/10600/10700/10900k. If you buy something that matches the 3600 in price, like the 9400f/10400f, then AMD is better (The 2600x already matched the 9400f in gaming performance, and the 3600 was a massive step up). And that's ignoring the core advantage from AMD, which AutoCAD actually can take advantage of (sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I agree with Thunderball, Zen 3 announcement is in 5 days, so waiting wont take that long. Also Big Navi probably(almost certainly) won't launch this month. It will get announced on the 28th and launch sometime in November.
    The high end will launch in November. Who knows when the 3060-tier card will launch. Maybe December if you're lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    I know about the new release of AMD but i also read that they wont announce budget cpu and they will announce only top end ones, which makes it pointless. If there is a chance of announcing a cpu similar to 5-3600 i could postpone the purchase from the end of this month to later on this year.
    I mean if you're going to wait for the 3060/3060ti then you'll be waiting a while anyway (They haven't even been announced yet after all). Might as well wait for the 4600 too

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I mean if you're going to wait for the 3060/3060ti then you'll be waiting a while anyway (They haven't even been announced yet after all). Might as well wait for the 4600 too
    If the rumours are right, the 3060ti should launch first with 3070 or a couple of weeks after it. Only time will tell, but if it is delayed, than yea, it might be worth it to wait for the 5600 as well.

If these leaks are true, then the wait for the new Ryzen CPUs are worth it

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-580...ark-leaks-out/

Thats a 22% boost in gaming over the Intel 10th gen.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    If the rumours are right, the 3060ti should launch first with 3070 or a couple of weeks after it. Only time will tell, but if it is delayed, than yea, it might be worth it to wait for the 5600 as well.
    But as I said, it's not announced yet. Just like the Zen3 CPUs aren't, and AMD's Big Navi aren't. We have literally no idea when either will launch. Could be next year, considering how 2020 has been so far. And even if they do launch this year.. There's no guarantee you'll get your hands on either of them, looking at the 3080, 3090, PS5 and Xbox series x releases this past month. They all sold out in seconds or minutes

I'd get 3700x and use the cooler that comes with it instead of an additional cooler.
    Or get Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B cooler instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But as I said, it's not announced yet. Just like the Zen3 CPUs aren't, and AMD's Big Navi aren't. We have literally no idea when either will launch. Could be next year, considering how 2020 has been so far. And even if they do launch this year.. There's no guarantee you'll get your hands on either of them, looking at the 3080, 3090, PS5 and Xbox series x releases this past month. They all sold out in seconds or minutes
    Yea u have a lot of fair points, i have to admit i am extremely optimistic about the availability. As for when the 3060 will launch, most likely soon, from the rumours/leaks, obviously it could be just fake news but oh well, only time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noobies View Post
    I'd get 3700x and use the cooler that comes with it instead of an additional cooler.
    Or get Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B cooler instead.
    Tbh i cant really think of a reason to buy a 3700x, 3600 looks more than enough for what i need it for, thanks anyway though.

Tbh i cant really think of a reason to buy a 3700x, 3600 looks more than enough for what i need it for, thanks anyway though.
    Well, it comes with better cooler. As long as the price difference of 3600x + aftermarket cooler vs 3700x is not that big, it does makes some sense.
    But 3600x is also more than enough for regular gaming at 1080p.

Go suck Intel overpriced balls elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobies View Post
    Well, it comes with better cooler. As long as the price difference of 3600x + aftermarket cooler vs 3700x is not that big, it does makes some sense.
    But 3600x is also more than enough for regular gaming at 1080p.
    True, but since i can get a 3600x for the same amount of money i will get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Go suck Intel overpriced balls elsewhere.
    Its really just a question about your own budget for the PC. If you have +50€ more for a mainboard and +50€ more for the CPU as with AMD system you can just go intel and have the best there is for gaming.

10900k + Z490 (master) + B-Die (Ryzen "optimized"
    => CinebenchR20 score with 10 core Intel similar to 3900x 12 core AMD, while having 5.3GHz all core clocks (100% 10 cores in games/workloads/AVX loads)
    With the propper board (gigabyte Z490), all you have to really do is changing 3 BIOS settings, since the VRM and auto settings of the board sustain endless power either way.

10900k@5.3GHz + 4000MHz DDR4 RAM is clearly out of range for AMD ZEN2 or ZEN3 CPUs and it cost you basicly just a bit more with your budget, compared to a similar premium AMD build. Its your choice.

Last edited by Ange; 2020-10-04 at 03:39 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    10900k@5.3GHz + 4000MHz DDR4 RAM is clearly out of range for AMD ZEN2 or ZEN3 CPUs and it cost you basicly just a bit more with your budget, compared to a similar premium AMD build. Its your choice.
    What is this crystal ball you guys are using that you know what Zen3 performance is before it's launched? Atm we have 2 fairly suspect leaks from it's performance. On the other an 8 core supposed 5800X absolutely smashed the 10900k in Ashes of the Benchmark. On the other is a CPU-Z benchmark where a 5900X is 20-25% ahead of the 3900X.

And what comes to your Cinebench score, doesn't a stock 3900X do like 7100+? On ST yes Intel is ahead atm, but the leaks mentioned above(taken with salt), suggest not for long.

Ashes scales with memory, they used STOCK MEMORY with the 10900k as a comparison in the leak.

Basicly the game does not scale with CPU, a 10700k or 10900k (STOCK, NO OC) does with 4000MHz memory much more as the leaked Zen3 with MEMORY-OC.

Leak with cheesed numbers (high OC memory with Zen3, stock memory with i9)

And this is the reality with stock i9 and basic XMP memory

I dont expect you to care, since the leak was tagged as a bullshit comparison, with propper i9 numbers minutes after it went viral.

Dont get me wrong, if ZEN3 does +10% more performance as ZEN2 in games it would be a giant leap in performance - STILL it would not match stock i9 and clearly not match OC i9 at all.

If your budget is good for a 3900x / 5900x there is no reason to wait for the (paper) release of ZEN3, because it can't match i9, the difference in high end is just to big.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Its really just a question about your own budget for the PC. If you have +50€ more for a mainboard and +50€ more for the CPU as with AMD system you can just go intel and have the best there is for gaming.

10900k + Z490 (master) + B-Die (Ryzen "optimized"
    => CinebenchR20 score with 10 core Intel similar to 3900x 12 core AMD, while having 5.3GHz all core clocks (100% 10 cores in games/workloads/AVX loads)
    With the propper board (gigabyte Z490), all you have to really do is changing 3 BIOS settings, since the VRM and auto settings of the board sustain endless power either way.

Thank you for the insight, although I couldn't seem to find any motherboard that supports over 3000MHz for my ITX build.
    AMD was the only reasonable answer, and it also has the advantage in multitasking.

Taking in account the release of the new cpus, i decided to postpone the purchase till black friday, better deals if i get lucky. The 5 5600x will cost 300$ and the 7 3700x costs 270, so i am thinking of buying a 3700x instead of the 5600x, cheaper and 2 more cores/4 threads. Tomahawk has pretty good VRMs and i doubt that i will encounter temperatures issues with that combo plus a Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim.
    Your help is much appreciated