Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That shows the opposite of what you claim, if anything. There is no such thing as "inherently evil" in WarCraft, only mutually exclusive goals. Nor does that mean "no balance". Just no stable balance.

Also, what's with "elemental forces"? Breakers are Titan creations, i.e. agents of Order, not the Elements. Those are actually fairly peaceful on Draenor. Azeroth is an outlier with its agressive elements. They're also very local, Azeroth's elements are completely unrelated to Draenor's.
    I suppose by "evil" I mean that all the forces in the universe are out for their own selfish needs. This could arguably be seen as evil, but I'm willing to at least concede that the forces are neutral. That said, most of the cosmic forces are more than willing to annihilate the opposition, or to subjugate all others, in order to facilitate their own success.

I mean elemental as in literally elemental, not warcraft Elemental. I mean the basic components of something, foundational, etc. Anima is an elemental power, but it's not an Element. You dig?

5+ Year Old Account
    There are no good or evil guys in Warcraft in a cosmic scale. Only folks whom we happen to share a goal and others whom we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargrik View Post
    Fantasy tend to draw from various mythologies, specially non-Abrahamic ones. Elves, goblins, trolls etc. are not in the Torah, the New Testament or the Quran, but come from Norse mythology/folklore.

We also have druids, shamans and (Buddhist-like) monks in the game.
    What I meant wasn't that fantasy is like our religions, but that our religions are also fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    What I meant wasn't that fantasy is like our religions, but that our religions are also fantasy.
    You dropped this
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-04 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    Cleansing Illidan of his fel corruption is not brainwashing.
    It also wasn't what Xe'ra was doing. And you keep arguing about Illidan. We're talking about Xe'ra here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefiend View Post
    I mean elemental as in literally elemental, not warcraft Elemental. I mean the basic components of something, foundational, etc. Anima is an elemental power, but it's not an Element. You dig?
    Might be a poor choice of words for this particular cosmology. For that matter, the Elementals are literally elemental, so that doesn't exactly help things.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Might be a poor choice of words for this particular cosmology. For that matter, the Elementals are literally elemental, so that doesn't exactly help things.
    Well, now that we've cleared that up, I suppose I'll use some other words to express the idea of some sort of base or primordial entity.

So let's drop it, because now that I've gone back and read your posts, I don't think we're even in disagreement. I know contention is a mainstay of the MMO-Champ, so I won't fault you for that, but I hope if you go back to my post now that we've clarified some things I hope you see it reinforces your position.