Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Holy crap, exactly how long ago do you think Vanilla was??!!
    My parents house, so where I was living during vanilla, just got DSL (no cable or fiber) in 2010 lol. From 2004 to 2007 I was still using download managers so I could finish downloading Dreamweaver (300ish MB) over multiple days and getting kicked off the internet because of phone calls Q_Q.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    It was never hard people were just stupid and most people were playing on dial up internet.
    Rofl, maybe in undeveloped country. I checked the data of my neighbour countries and how many homes had broadband in 2006:

Denmark 60%
    Finland 54%
    Sweden 51%

CBA to check others but mainly homes with elders didn't have broadband by 2006 if you lived in developed country.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Was cable common in your area in '06? We didn't get it in ours until '08.
    people outside of usa were fine,my country had highspeed internet from 1999 no copper wires and dialup,i had unlimited fastspeed with fiber in 06 for dirt cheap,in 2012 we had cities with averege speeds of 90 mbit/s

also a funny info i found,not sure in what year this was,but recently anyways,usa averege speeds is around 26mb/s,meanwile our internet is a MINIMUN of 25mb/s lol,with about 20% going up to 100mb/s
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-10-04 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Which was or will never be an issue for any healer with T2 gear. With T2 anyone can spam heals for 3-5 minutes.
    If you downrank like hell and Patchwerk isn't the type of boss you want to downrank.

Spamming Max Rank heals for 3min+ is possible only with every consumable available and using pots / runes on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Was cable common in your area in '06? We didn't get it in ours until '08.
    We had broadband in 2006 and we are relatively rural, the more urban areas had it 1-2 years before, I think.

also a funny info i found,not sure in what year this was,but recently anyways,usa averege speeds is around 26mb/s,meanwile our internet is a MINIMUN of 25mb/s lol,with about 20% going up to 100mb/s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think thaddius will be the hardest for the average mouth breather guilds. Everything else will probably roll over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you downrank like hell and Patchwerk isn't the type of boss you want to downrank.

Spamming Max Rank heals for 3min+ is possible only with every consumable available and using pots / runes on CD.
    Paladins can but you don't have to spam max rank as priest / druid / shaman, rank or two lower is enough. You'll see in phase 6.

I mean there was a reason why only 1% of the playerbase ever saw naxx back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I mean there was a reason why only 1% of the playerbase ever saw naxx back in the day
    What do you think that reason was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. Naxx was harder prior to patches + people have strats to work with now. If people come prepared with the right buffs and studied the strats, they shouldn't have much trouble clearing Naxx. Now if people try to wing the fights, they'll likely end up wiping for a while. So no, I don't think Naxx will be hard. If raids are wiping, it's because people didn't do their homework, not because the bosses are difficult.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Like many of said, ORIGINAL WoW 2004 area - 2006, the computers we had were total garbage meaning tons of computer lag - The internet connection not only for people back then but BLIZZ's actual servers back then went down CONSTANTLY.. the game was rough allllll the way up through Wrath. During the prepatch for Cata something changed and most if not all blizz servers became super stable

Gonna be cleared the first day and a speedrun competition by the second week.

Paladins can but you don't have to spam max rank as priest / druid / shaman, rank or two lower is enough. You'll see in phase 6.
    I said it already that Patchwerk isn't the type of boss you want to downrank, hence "rank or two lower" doesn't count.

If your Tank gets 7-9k damage incoming and need to be back up ~3 seconds afterwards, you can't start spamming lower rank heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    and that reason is no longer relevant.
    -K

I said it already that Patchwerk isn't the type of boss you want to downrank, hence "rank or two lower" doesn't count.

If your Tank gets 7-9k damage incoming and need to be back up ~3 seconds afterwards, you can't start spamming lower rank heals.

There you go, spam lower rank heals and drink mana pots or use rune / whatever. This is without any world buffs.
    Dps check is so low you can literally bring more healers just to spam heal tanks. With better dps you don't even have to drink anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything, Patchwerk will be trivial. I expect 4HM, Loatheb, Sapph and KT pose some kind of challenge.

There you go, spam lower rank heals and drink mana pots or use rune / whatever. This is without any world buffs.
    You post me a video where a guy uses a mana consumable 20 seconds (and a Manapot about 1:15) into the fight to disprove my point.
    ...what?

I said in my very first post: This only is possible if you use Consumables and the guy also has Mageblood & Mana Oil running.

15+ Year Old Account
    4Horseman because it'll test how organized the God Gamer's are, rather than testing their character's gear and buffs. If the healers are pepega and don't know where to put themselves, you're gonna have trickle wipes. If the healers never used cooldowns (throughput trinkets) before and are assigned to the fire tanks, that's GG. What I'm trying to say is, you can't have carries or you're gonna have a bad time.

Same with KT really. KT will expose those guilds who have Fury warriors who rip threat all the time and are always on thin ice for threat problems, KT just spams aggro dumps. Basically, anyone who can't comprehend the words "stop dps" are gonna have a really bad time on KT. Healers have to actually be awake for that fight, they can't just stare at the raid frames, no carries.

Can't have carries on either of those fights.

AFAIK it's because no one had 8 tanks back then. Our guild stopped because by the time we finished AQ40, it was too close to TBC launch. No one wanted to go collab with 2 other guilds just to meet the tank requirements (we already have to pilfer other guilds dps to down Twin Emps).
    One thing people often forget to mention is that back then the player populations were WAY smaller, I played on medium server, that's basically a ghost town for today's standards. Factor in barely anyone played a tank and a lot of the tank players were burnt tf out and yeah, not a good situation for raiding guilds.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-10-04 at 11:30 PM.

You post me a video where a guy uses a mana consumable 20 seconds (and a Manapot about 1:15) into the fight to disprove my point.
    ...what?

I said in my very first post: This only is possible if you use Consumables and the guy also has Mageblood & Mana Oil running.
    Well... healers have been using mana potions from Molten Core to Nyalotha, thats 16 years.

Using mana potions have been no brainer in every raid tier in WoW history so I didnt think I would have to mention that separately.

My original point was if anyone wants to defeat Patchwerk healing won't be an issues since you can just spam heals on tank like in the video. Your healers suck? Then bring 3-5 more healers since DPS check won't be an issue.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-10-05 at 12:40 AM.