Poll: Do your have the brutosaur mount?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, dont see why I would.

I suspect this mount gave Blizzard a nice penny with the wonderful token.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am a semi - casual player and i hate to farm things over and over (i used to but i am 40 now and can't be arsed) so no, i don't gave the gold for it. now i may buy coins with real money and sell them on ah if i wanted to but i have a simple yet strict principle : i never EVER pay money to something free but takes time to complete. it's not about having the money or not, i just don't like the idea.

plus, i don't spend time in ah so it has 0 use for me.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I would never spent that much of a gold for a mount or anything in this game. Long boy is way too big and clunky. Jeweled onyx panther is my all time favorite mount, small and has good ground and fly animation. And I have transmog mount if I need to vendor crap and engineering for AH which I haven't used for years.

A lot of people just dont bother with AH play, they find it boring etc, but if you really want it, you already got it. I made 5 million gold on 8.3 launch, hell this last month like 2.5 million. Yes it takes time and its kinda boring, but also very chilled just making expolsums and undercutting But its NEVER hard! You can learn AH play as well if you want.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I have the gold, I couldn't justify the cost to myself. I don't visit the AH very often and I don't raid so the two main occasions when it is useful don't apply to me. When I do need the AH it is only a hearth away. I will admit the model is unique but not 5 million worth of unique.

5m gold is ridiculous.. have you even converted to EUR ?
    Let's say the token cost 200,000 gold and that worth 15 EUR. 1mil is 75 EUR and 5mil is 375 EUR.
    Let's say you buy gold from a source who doesn't exists since there are no gold sellers (kappa) and you get a deal for like 200-250 EUR for this mount.
    This is a pathetic price for a mount like this. Just because gold farmers and boosters basically made gold worthless.. some people like me who doesn't like farming can't get something like this. I know it's something that could feel rewarding for farming or just selling a BoE item on a begining of an expansion for this amount of money but if luck is nowhere near you (sha of fear attemts over 6k) it's unreachable. Well secretly I hope Blizzard put it into Shop later on for a lower price

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    A lot of people just dont bother with AH play, they find it boring etc, but if you really want it, you already got it. I made 5 million gold on 8.3 launch, hell this last month like 2.5 million. Yes it takes time and its kinda boring, but also very chilled just making expolsums and undercutting But its NEVER hard! You can learn AH play as well if you want.
    Indeed.

I love the AH play, it was the only thing keeping me logging in since Covid forced me out of the raiding scene for the remainder of the expansion.

Of course, once I got the mount + a hefty sum saved away for SL, I stopped logging in altogether. Gonna be interesting to see what the landscape will be going into SL in terms of the AH and prices.

I don't intend on getting the mount at all. I've had plently of gold but I just don't care about having a mobile auction house when my bank character is stationed next to one. I'd love for a mount with a permanent mailbox though.

That said, I've just been giving out my gold to friends who needed the mount. 1 mil gold there, 500k another place. I don't care for gold at all these days since consumables aren't too hard to come by. Especially in the begining of an expansion as everyone are leveling alchemy etc. so they sell some potions and flasks below the material cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Sure. Basically i went on a website [Redacted because i ain't that stupid ofcourse) and checked if the mount was up for sale for irl money. It was, for a boost.

So i baught that boost.
    Your average 2020 WoW player, everybody.

Waited until about 5 months ago when gold was at the lowest price in histroy on gah and purchased enough to get it, cost me just under 400 bucks.

No and tbh if I had that amount of money I wouldn't spend it on the mount either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post

I'm very happy that I finally managed to reach 5 million gold and get my longboy mount today. I'm back to 0 gold again, but I feel it's worth it as I spend a lot of time on the AH with my main and alts. Plus it's a big, great looking mount. Do you have yours already? Still trying to get it? You won't be able to buy it when the pre-patch comes. It will after that move over to the black market AH, where it will definitely cost more than 5 million. Sell everything you have. Hand in emissary quests. Clear old raids and sell all the loot. Do world quests from Legion and BFA with pvp mode on. If you're desperate, sell tokens. Good luck.
    Got mine day one of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrock View Post
    This is hilariously incorrect. It's so "obvious" that I'm a shame fueled sock puppet. Does this have something to do with BB code? Yeah dude, I've seen a message board before.
    I started lurking lately for blue posts and commentary, made an account a while back mostly to vote on shit and save my place in threads.
    I unequivocally do NOT feel bad about my relatively insignificant expenditure, that's why I made a post about it. My point was simply that someone occasionally blowing a couple hundred bucks on literally anything isn't something to get on a soapbox about.

Anyway, I don't particularly care mself, it's just that this bizarrely confident and comically wrong sleuthing is something I can't help but point out. It's pretty embarassing to see from my end, open bracket i closed bracket no offense open bracket forward slash i closed bracket.
    You are posting like you've been part of the community for years, and you literally only have 2-3 posts (5 now) and this is what got you to finally join us.

Yes, I totally believe that. /s

I don't even care that you're on an alt account and I respect that you are denying it (because if you admitted it, said account would get banned) but I mean come on. You know it, I know it. If you've seriously, literally never posted in this community and have been lurking for years, and this of all things is what gets you to post, then I would be shocked. Is the brutosaur really that special, that it's the only thing you ever felt like posting about after years of lurking here?

There is an easy way to test this theory, though. Post your main character here. You seem to care an awful lot about proving that you literally just started posting here, and that would be an easy way to do it. Even if it doesn't reveal your main account, it will at least show that you aren't trying to hide your character identity, so I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

Don't worry, I'm not going to care if you decline, nor is anyone else. So don't feel like you need to. But don't keep dancing around this topic if you're not willing to prove you have nothing to hide here.

PS: I want to emphasize again that I don't care if you're on an alt account either way, and I'm not accusing you, I just found it odd is all. There's nothing to be ashamed about buying this mount or getting tokens for it or whatever. It's your money. Why you are even reacting defensively to this is kind of odd to me, as I have not personally attacked you, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by memphx View Post
    5m gold is ridiculous.. have you even converted to EUR ?
    Let's say the token cost 200,000 gold and that worth 15 EUR. 1mil is 75 EUR and 5mil is 375 EUR.
    Let's say you buy gold from a source who doesn't exists since there are no gold sellers (kappa) and you get a deal for like 200-250 EUR for this mount.
    This is a pathetic price for a mount like this. Just because gold farmers and boosters basically made gold worthless.. some people like me who doesn't like farming can't get something like this. I know it's something that could feel rewarding for farming or just selling a BoE item on a begining of an expansion for this amount of money but if luck is nowhere near you (sha of fear attemts over 6k) it's unreachable. Well secretly I hope Blizzard put it into Shop later on for a lower price
    Don't worry, there will be more auction mounts in the future. But they won't be cheaper. And it may not be in Shadowlands (though I'd bet it would be, this is a cash cow for them), it may be the expansion after, but we'll see them again. It sells WoW tokens in droves and they've never cared what kind of impact it has on the economy, why would they now? They won't reveal a new mount until this one is gone because then the trick wouldn't work, but trust me... we'll see another sooner or later, and I'm leaning towards the former.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-05 at 01:45 AM.

Kind of a waste. I have a garrison hearthstone and cloak or orgrimmar.

Rarely felt the need to access an AH in such a hurry that I'd need it right NOW, whereever I am.

The only time it has come up is for Vantus Runes. And then someone else in the raid usually has them. All the rest you've always stocked up on.

Although, I guess the convenience is nice to have. Will see, maybe I'll still change my mind. I'm about a mill shy, and it's not a problem to get the remaining gold, but I don't feel like it's worth it.

Nah, never need a AH out in the middle of nowhere. Unlike TMOG mount which is the best gold I've ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Your average 2020 WoW player, everybody.
    lmao, true story sadly. But some just cba grinding the same things we've done for too many times. For so much G's...

So i mean, yeah it's true story. But some can relate if they was ever in the same situations. Not everyone ofcourse. Just some.

Does anyone know if emissary/paragon gold is getting nerfed in the prepatch? I also have an unrelated question.
    Does anyone know if we can attach the goblin glider to the legendary cloak in the prepatch? Thanks.

One of thoose mounts I would regret buying, even though its cool.
    I can see why people put in the effort, as its both cool and handy, but to me its not worth the hassle.

Nor is goldmaking something I enjoy.

As long as I can afford repair and reagents im fine

Na, My spectral tiger, rooster and Sha mount beat the crap out of this dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.