Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

RTX3080FTW3 Checking Sites Daily

I was going to get a 3090 but for double the price most benchmarks are only showing a 15% performance gain over the 3080 baseline.
    So i decided to go with the Evga RTX3080FTW3. Obviously they are sold out everywhere.
    Am I the only one checking Bestbuy/NewEgg/BH/Evga multiple times a day trying to get lucky enough to find one?
    I just want it before Shadowlands.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

15+ Year Old Account
    i bought a 6 month old RTX 2080 Ti instead for 500 euros

maybe wait for the 3080 with 20Gigs of Video memory instead? i know you most likely wont get that before shadowlands. Unless you buy from a scalper, i dont really see any way to get ahold of a 3080 in a while. but if you sit and wait at the new launch, maybe you will be lucky and get an order in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zetho91 View Post
    maybe wait for the 3080 with 20Gigs of Video memory instead? i know you most likely wont get that before shadowlands. Unless you buy from a scalper, i dont really see any way to get ahold of a 3080 in a while. but if you sit and wait at the new launch, maybe you will be lucky and get an order in.
    Thats one reason Im doing Evga, they have the move up program.
    So if they come out with something better than the FTW3, I can just pay the difference.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by zetho91 View Post
    maybe wait for the 3080 with 20Gigs of Video memory instead?
    For... what, exactly? As GN already showed, 10GB is more than enough for 4k ultra high refresh. As Steve also said in that video, just because Afterburner shows 9GB used or something doesn't mean its actually using 9GB. It just means that it has stuff in 9GB of the memory, but their tests showed that up to half of that wasnt being accessed - it was just stuff that the GPU hadn't had to flush yet.

And before you go with "muh future proof" - ... against what? Its already enough for 4K Ultra, and the new consoles aren't going to change that. Yeah, they have 16GB of memory - shared memory. Both systems reserve 4-6GB for the system and to use as "traditional RAM" tasks - what your computer uses the regular RAM for. So the new consoles basically have 10GB of GPU available RAM.

Its like when Android phones ship with absurd amounts of RAM... for what, exactly? No one is doing anything that requires 12GB of RAM on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Thats one reason Im doing Evga, they have the move up program.
    So if they come out with something better than the FTW3, I can just pay the difference.
    I bought a 2070 Super FTW3 a few weeks ago and immediately entered the step up queue for a 3080 FTW. I’ve been in the queue for 2 weeks so far and although it could be a month or two I don’t mind waiting since I’m guaranteed one eventually.

I only used Asus Strix for the last several years but this FTW3 has been very impressive. It runs very cool and it’s silent. I’m hoping for similar results for the 3080. I went EVGA due to having to RMA an Asus board recently and it took well over a month for them to get it back to me. Their customer service is slow. Better off buying a replacement and selling what they ship back lol. I’ll still buy Asus stuff because they make great stuff but when you need service it sucks.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people are checking sites daily and I just walked into Scan on launch day and bought one.

Don't even bother. NVidia's supply / distribution model is an absolute complete joke, and anything that hits stock right now is bought by bots seconds later.

Waiting till 'better card x comes out' will change nothing. You can't pick up a brand new RTX 2080 super at this point either, and that's well over a year old at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to get a 3090 but for double the price most benchmarks are only showing a 15% performance gain over the 3080 baseline.
    So i decided to go with the Evga RTX3080FTW3. Obviously they are sold out everywhere.
    Am I the only one checking Bestbuy/NewEgg/BH/Evga multiple times a day trying to get lucky enough to find one?
    I just want it before Shadowlands.
    you might as well face the reality your unlikely to get any sort of new graphics card before shadowlands launches.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you might as well face the reality your unlikely to get any sort of new graphics card before shadowlands launches.
    Talked to a rep at Evga, they have several large shipments going out this week to NewEgg and a couple other major retailers.
    Plus SL is delayed so not to worried.
    @KrimzinOG

10+ Year Old Account
    Talked to a rep at Evga, they have several large shipments going out this week to NewEgg and a couple other major retailers.
    Plus SL is delayed so not to worried.
    your still competing against bots and other gamers v.s. a very limited stock.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    your still competing against bots and other gamers v.s. a very limited stock.
    Running a 2080 ATM So not life or death if I don't get one before SL, but I figure 30-45days atleast til SL.. So im good
    @KrimzinOG

https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-rtx-...053121987.html

"NVIDIA CEO says RTX 3080 and 3090 supply shortage will last throughout 2020"

Basically they released an overpriced 2080 series that didnt completely make an upgrade sense for those with 1080ti cards and Nvidia said they could not have foreseen the demand for the 3080 after most gamers passed on the 2080s.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-rtx-...053121987.html

"NVIDIA CEO says RTX 3080 and 3090 supply shortage will last throughout 2020"

Basically they released an overpriced 2080 series that didnt completely make an upgrade sense for those with 1080ti cards and Nvidia said they could not have foreseen the demand for the 3080 after most gamers passed on the 2080s.
    Pretty sure they're sandbagging supply to drive up hype for the 30 series cards... At least that what all the credible leakers are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Pretty sure they're sandbagging supply to drive up hype for the 30 series cards... At least that what all the credible leakers are saying.
    I'll still believe the saying "Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity" or whatever. Nvidia aren't too smart sometimes, and they might just have not foreseen the massive demand for the cards.

Last I checked we're still running at Black Friday level sales in the tech sphere, and have for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    3090 or nothing go big or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    are you also sure that 5G causes Covid and that the sun comes up in the West?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'll still believe the saying "Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity" or whatever.
    Hanlon's Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    are you also sure that 5G causes Covid and that the sun comes up in the West?
    I'm unsure if thats actually happened or not in this case as I've not read up on it.

But do you think this doesn't either happen?

Apple did it, what makes you think Nvidia won't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    I'm unsure if thats actually happened or not in this case as I've not read up on it.

But do you think this doesn't either happen?
    I just cant even. "You haven't looked into" if harmless radio waves cause a physical virus? Quit trolling.

And yes, neither happens. Radio waves dont cause viruses, and the sun doesn't come up in the west. It literally cant.

Apple did it,
    lolwut. Gonna need a non-conspiracy-theory source on that one, kiddo. Apple has never just sat on unsold hardware to drive up demand. Ttheyve never had to. The hype for Apple products is big enough all on its own.

what makes you think Nvidia won't do it?
    So let me get this straight - you think nVidia is secretly sitting on tens of thousands of unsold GPUs worth millions of dollars in sales....

To drive up demand...

When AMD is going to release a (supposedly) competitive product for (rumored) 100$ less and wont (at least according to AMD) have supply issues.

Yeah, that makes TOTAL sense.

Lets sit on those GPUs until AMD launches a cheaper, competitive product, therefore ensuring that we lose money?

Logic is obviously not your strong suit.

Its a genuine lack of supply. It looks like most retailers got less than 500 cards (total, across FE and all AIB partners). One of the biggest retailers in europe released their shipping stats. They got less than 400 cards. Total. So far (not even all on launch day).

So imagine similar numbers at Best Buy, Microcenter, Amazon, et al... there have probably been sub-10,000 cards released in total in the entire world.

And you think nVidia is doing that to somehow drive demand, when demand is already so high that NewEggs site alone got more traffic than it does on Black Friday?

Make sense, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I just cant even. "You haven't looked into" if harmless radio waves cause a physical virus? Quit trolling.

And yes, neither happens. Radio waves dont cause viruses, and the sun doesn't come up in the west. It literally cant.

lolwut. Gonna need a non-conspiracy-theory source on that one, kiddo. Apple has never just sat on unsold hardware to drive up demand. Ttheyve never had to. The hype for Apple products is big enough all on its own.

So let me get this straight - you think nVidia is secretly sitting on tens of thousands of unsold GPUs worth millions of dollars in sales....

To drive up demand...

When AMD is going to release a (supposedly) competitive product for (rumored) 100$ less and wont (at least according to AMD) have supply issues.

Yeah, that makes TOTAL sense.

Lets sit on those GPUs until AMD launches a cheaper, competitive product, therefore ensuring that we lose money?

Logic is obviously not your strong suit.

Its a genuine lack of supply. It looks like most retailers got less than 500 cards (total, across FE and all AIB partners). One of the biggest retailers in europe released their shipping stats. They got less than 400 cards. Total. So far (not even all on launch day).

So imagine similar numbers at Best Buy, Microcenter, Amazon, et al... there have probably been sub-10,000 cards released in total in the entire world.

And you think nVidia is doing that to somehow drive demand, when demand is already so high that NewEggs site alone got more traffic than it does on Black Friday?

Make sense, if you can.
    They're planning on trying to flood the zone in November according to the folks I listen to... just in time to hurt the AMD launch.