Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    We were talking about people still paying for a game that's not out yet. I'm not sure what you don't understand.
    Thats what everyone else is discussing, yes. However your contribution was as follows:

Yeah, I don't know why people still pay real money for this game lol.
    Your comment was related to people paying "real money" for the game at all, which is off topic and quite confusing given the context of the discussion.

Yeah, I don't know why people still pay real money for this game lol.
    If you make a decent income you can buy this game in 2 hours or less of work time. how much time does it take for you to make almost 600,000 gold to pay for tokens that will pay for game?, and please don't give me that internet bs that you can make it in under an hour.

15+ Year Old Account
    what do i do if i got a free copy of SL from winning a contest on venrukis stream? Do i still complain about it being delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    what do i do if i got a free copy of SL from winning a contest on venrukis stream? Do i still complain about it being delayed?
    No, but you should be questioning your life choices when you watch a WoW stream instead of watching an edited video on youtube with only the highlights.

I refunded, i will most likely buy the game when it is released, even though i am hardly playing at all the past year.

I should not have pre-ordered in the first place but i was pumped up when i saw what they are trying to do with the game. I wanted to refund the 6 months that i purchased as well and i am not using at all but anyway that cannot happen, because three months have already elapsed.

I hope the pre-patch where corruption is removed and the classes will be refreshed, will be enjoyable and make me stick to the game once again and actually play in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I pre-order for the Pre-order ”Bonuses” not for the expansion itself.
    The funny shit is that there is no pre-order bonus and people never learn that. It's the xpac levels (standard / hc / epic / etc.) that give you bonuses, like the armor, the weapon effect, the 120 boost, they will all be available after release also, they will not disappear.

I have refunded the Epic version just 1-2 days before the delay announcement. I didn't get to use the game time neither the 120 boost. So it was all cool.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2020-10-05 at 11:16 AM.

There's been a pandemic for the last 7 months but no one wants to cut them any slack for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You shouldn't fucking preorder in the first place. Stop giving companies money today for a product they might deliver tomorrow.
    I know i play it no matter what. So why not? Same with Cyberpunk, Baldurs Gate 3, Pathfinder and everything from paradox.

Game comes out unfinished: what a shitty game, what a greedy company with no soul etc
    Company postpones launch to actually finish the game: what a shitty company, I want my money back now etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Thats what everyone else is discussing, yes. However your contribution was as follows:

Your comment was related to people paying "real money" for the game at all, which is off topic and quite confusing given the context of the discussion.
    Incorrect. My comment was directly related to the comment the person I quoted made:
    Quote Originally Posted by the guy I quoted View Post
    jokes on you, I got SL for free
    Which, as you can see, is about "SL" which most posters with a brain would ascertain stands for Shadowlands, which is an expansion for a popular video game called World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If you make a decent income you can buy this game in 2 hours or less of work time. how much time does it take for you to make almost 600,000 gold to pay for tokens that will pay for game?, and please don't give me that internet bs that you can make it in under an hour.
    Oh, it would take much less time to earn real money required vs. gold required, that's a given. The gold just comes so easily it's not even relevant. Usually takes about 20 days to get 150k gold for a token. As long as it's less than 30 days, I consider it free, since I'm not even trying to earn gold. Doing some quick maffs, that's just several months of playtime and you get the extra 3-4 tokens for an expansion.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-10-05 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    omg hahahah refund a pre order just because they're delaying to fix bugs? Jesus dude, not saying it's you but people that would do it are so impatient, I struggle to understand how they can cope with reality being this way
    Some people are in need of extra dollars right now because of a world health crisis. Having a lot of money tied up with nothing to show for it would suck for this situation. If you still struggle with this then I recommend seeing a psychiatrist to unravel why you lack basic empathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    This is exactly the math everyone bragging about paying with gold should be doing before throwing hundreds of hours away to save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Usually I'd say,

They've sold a product,
    They didn't go life to the anounced deadline because it was full of bugs
    Their communication was shit and there wasn't even some kind of 'sorry'
    That's not how IT Projects work.

Why are people praising them? Because they admitted, they didn't fix the bugs they created? Oh well, standards are really low today.
    Actually the deadline that was given with the pre-order was "on or before December 31st".

That is the contractually binding deadline. The announcement they made later that it would be out on October 27th did not change that, as it was in the contractual parameters and no one bought a pre-order with that date stated in the text I am sure. So even with the delay now they still are in the deadline, as long as they are not crossing into 2021.
    In fact I don't think they would have to offer refunds yet, that is probably them saying they are sorry and being nice.

As for "They can't go live with these bugs". Ha! Good one.
    Games are constantly released with tons of bugs, if you are lucky then they are not game breaking and if you are really lucky the Devs care ennough to fix them quickly. It's not even the Devs fault in many case. The Publishers just demand a release and they do not care one bit how the product looks. EA is especially great at that.
    Blizzard is just honest and they dedicate themselves to fix the bugs BEFORE going live, even if it will cost them financially. That deserves some praise.

My favourite example of the opposite was in SWTOR a year back or so. They got a new "expansion" (we would call it a patch here) and there was some level scaling. Now the game is mostly build in a sequential story of chapters and in one of them you got to drive an AT-AT. Which was cool. Unfortunately the scaling was bugged and your walker was suddenly extremly weak compared to the ones of the NPCs, resulting in you constantly being one-shoted. Since you had to get through the chapter to progress the story, this was a game-breaking bug.

Such a thing would be caught by Blizzard and fixed on the same bloody day, at least pro forma so that you could continue playing. The SWTOR Devs obviously did not feel that was necessary and fixed it more then a WEEK later and even then it did not work properly. A WEEK to fix a game breaking bug. Do you think they apologized or offered any compensation?

Really people that complain about Blizzards quality control need to have a look at other games, then you learn quickly what an amazing job they are doing here.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    This is exactly the math everyone bragging about paying with gold should be doing before throwing hundreds of hours away to save a few bucks.
    While what you say may be true for some people, it's based on an assumption that doesn't necessarily hold true in that people are devoting time specifically to make gold in order to save money.

I spend the time I do in the game as recreation time and the gold I make is a by-product thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While what you say may be true for some people, it's based on an assumption that doesn't necessarily hold true in that people are devoting time specifically to make gold in order to save money.

I spend the time I do in the game as recreation time and the gold I make is a by-product thereof.
    I applaud this. This is exactly what should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Actually the deadline that was given with the pre-order was "on or before December 31st".

That is the contractually binding deadline. The announcement they made later that it would be out on October 27th did not change that, as it was in the contractual parameters and no one bought a pre-order with that date stated in the text I am sure. So even with the delay now they still are in the deadline, as long as they are not crossing into 2021.
    In fact I don't think they would have to offer refunds yet, that is probably them saying they are sorry and being nice.
    WRONG! When they released the Pre-order date, everyone pre-ordered it after the date has the expectation of it being released on this date. It does not matter if then later in the store it still says 31st December or before; this is an accurate date of it, and people buy it with this expectation in mind. Especially in the EU consumer laws are very strict in this regard; EULAs are often not worth the paper they are written, since in many cases they directly oppose the laws, and in this cases, the law always wins against them. So even if the "contractual date" say something different is completely irrelevant. Advertising a date and not delivering it is misleading a consumer. So at least here it's not a gesture of being nice, it's the law.

Also: In the EU you have always the right to refund before the release-date anyway, so it doesn't matter in this regard.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-10-05 at 07:21 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow so someone bought Shadowlands as a gift for someone else a few months ago.... guess they had a falling out with said person because then this happened: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...ients-consent/

FYI - Just tried to get a refund for epic edition in Europe and they said they are unable to refund me because I purchased the epic edition ))

Blizz customer for 15 years, wow sub for over 10, bought a bunch of CE and spent way too much money on HS. But guess Activision needs my 75euro rather then keep happiness with a loyal customer.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Refund fo the delay? I'm happy they delayed it! Now the final product will be a little more polished and I can enjoy Shadowlands without feeling FOMO because I wasn't going to go there right away. If anything, I should be paying Blizzard!

hey wait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Refund fo the delay? I'm happy they delayed it! Now the final product will be a little more polished and I can enjoy Shadowlands without feeling FOMO because I wasn't going to go there right away. If anything, I should be paying Blizzard!

hey wait
    Now the final product could potentially be a little more polished.

Remember, there is no guarantee that a bit more time will make things better. At least they have the potential to make it better now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    FYI - Just tried to get a refund for epic edition in Europe and they said they are unable to refund me because I purchased the epic edition ))

Blizz customer for 15 years, wow sub for over 10, bought a bunch of CE and spent way too much money on HS. But guess Activision needs my 75euro rather then keep happiness with a loyal customer.
    You consider yourself a loyal customer, even though you demanded a refund because they asked for more time to attempt to make the product better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post

Yeah you seem loyal.