Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    I dont know why they keep wasting their time with stupid restrictions... just remove the damn restrictions and let people play how they want.

Then you can focus on actually making fun content that people might actually want to do, or hell actually make the maw fun...

Blizzturd doesn't want to let go of their control freak tendencies... this expac is gonna be a shit show.
    Yeah remove the cooldown from army of the dead, i want to cast infinite army of the dead!
    I also want stealth too remove all restrictions, let people play how they want!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This guy is such an idiot I can't lmfao.

1. Heroics had no lockout at the tail end of Wrath, you could quite literally spam them - Heroics were very relevant at the START, sure.

2. Raids, as I said, have always had a 1 week lockout (except Kara)

3. Badges.. Okay? You didn't NEED them to progress

4. Reps.. Enchants, sure. They had them so you could at least GET them just by finishing out a zone's quests though - all rep enchants had an HONORED enchant. You sure do forget, don't ya? :3

Let's compare this to BfA say? Yeah, goodluck. Mandatory minimum 8 day grind for a rank 3 essence that's not even your BiS - Very few chances at Azerite Gear and a good month or so before you get the trais you NEED so your class performs.

You're an idiot.
    1. heroics always had lockouts. through the group finder however you could repeat them but guess what, those sweet badges of frost were once per day, no matter what.

2. "Raids as i said have always had a 1 week lockout excpet kara" again 100000000% wrong, onyxia was 3 days, ZG was 3 days, aq20 was 3 days.

3. yes you literally needed badges to progress, you COULD NOT GET your teir set without badges.

4. LOLOLOLOL you could not get them by finishing out a zones quests. please tell me what "zone" gave kirin tor rep? did you EVEN PLAY wrath of the lich king?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The Maw isn't hard...it's just fucking boring. There's currently NOTHING to do in there, except walk between random mobs and hope they drop stygia. As long as the Maw is the only place to get Stygia, it's going to be required play, and it's currently just dull. There's no danger, the eye of the jailer is nothing more than an inconvenience, and there are no worthwhile events or things to do. Gameplay should come first when considering how to build a zone, everything else second.
    Yeah I mean, if that's the case then fine. I just think Blizzard has a tendency to overcorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah remove the cooldown from army of the dead, i want to cast infinite army of the dead!
    I also want stealth too remove all restrictions, let people play how they want!

- - - Updated - - -

1. heroics always had lockouts. through the group finder however you could repeat them but guess what, those sweet badges of frost were once per day, no matter what.

2. "Raids as i said have always had a 1 week lockout excpet kara" again 100000000% wrong, onyxia was 3 days, ZG was 3 days, aq20 was 3 days.

3. yes you literally needed badges to progress, you COULD NOT GET your teir set without badges.

4. LOLOLOLOL you could not get them by finishing out a zones quests. please tell me what "zone" gave kirin tor rep? did you EVEN PLAY wrath of the lich king?

At level 80, if you KNEW what you were doing, Sons of Hodir enchant was readily available because STORM PEAKS gave you Hodir rep. You could grind that rep out for the EXALTED enchant, but they quite literally gave you the rep for honored enchant. Same as Kirin Tor, if you KNEW what you were doing, you'd hit 80 with the enchants unlocked. But hey, you could champion reps and get those enchants within a few days, if that.

Secondly, you didn't NEED badges to get your tier sets. Raids dropped tokens, but also gave badges for BAD LUCK PROTECTION. You were also able to buy *tons* of ilvl 200-232 off pieces with badges.

*** Emblems of Frost were TWO per day for your first RDF heroic, and each ICC boss dropped them.

See, these are the types of wow players BfA has attracted - absolutely autistic mongrels.

7+ Year Old Account
    At level 80, if you KNEW what you were doing, Sons of Hodir enchant was readily available because STORM PEAKS gave you Hodir rep. You could grind that rep out for the EXALTED enchant, but they quite literally gave you the rep for honored enchant. Same as Kirin Tor, if you KNEW what you were doing, you'd hit 80 with the enchants unlocked. But hey, you could champion reps and get those enchants within a few days, if that.

Secondly, you didn't NEED badges to get your tier sets. Raids dropped tokens, but also gave badges for BAD LUCK PROTECTION. You were also able to buy *tons* of ilvl 200-232 off pieces with badges.

*** Emblems of Frost were TWO per day for your first RDF heroic, and each ICC boss dropped them.

See, these are the types of wow players BfA has attracted - absolutely autistic mongrels.
    Maybe you should stop playing x7 Rep private servers, cause that aint even somewhat close to true.

also "Secondly, you didn't NEED badges to get your tier sets. Raids dropped tokens, but also gave badges for BAD LUCK PROTECTION."

Yeah you didnt play wotlk. this is a right out lie.

If you wanted your ICC teir set you NEEDED badges of frost.
    there was NO other way to get them.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-05 at 06:38 PM.

If you are still having a problem with 7 charges/changes a week to conduits that isn't a blizzard problem, that is a you problem, maybe dont try to min-max every single thing you do, and try to do M+ raid and pvp every single day of the week. Going to let you in on a secret, you don't have to min-max a M+ level 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Thank you Blizzard for spending your development time thinking up another way to arbitrarily restrict players for no reason. Ridiculous waste of time.

The fact they're addressing the maw is actually good though.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2020-10-05 at 06:44 PM.

Good god just remove the damned CD restrictions on Conduits already. It's an improvement for sure, but this is just silly at this point. Just remove the damned cd restriction, why even waste precious dev time iterating over these useless restrictions when the restriction could simply be removed and that time could go to balance and tuning and fixing dead talents.

Maybe you should stop playing x7 Rep private servers, cause that aint even somewhat close to true.

also "Secondly, you didn't NEED badges to get your tier sets. Raids dropped tokens, but also gave badges for BAD LUCK PROTECTION."

Yeah you didnt play wotlk. this is a right out lie.

Okay so even on 1x WotLK servers, if you complete Storm Peaks in it's entirety you're *just* at Honored - which is enough to purchase the T1 Enchant, T2 being locked behind Exalted.

Secondly, I'm not talking about *just* ICC - there were more than just T10 m'dear. The point is, WotLK had *very* few CDs and grinds compared to BfA/SL. BfA you aren't even viable until at least an 8 to 12 day Essence grind lmfao

Even then, who gives a shit about the rep - you could literally buy tabards at friendly and grind reps to exalted in less than a few days lmao - try doing that on retail, oh wait time played metrics >w<

Quoted for truth. Today, you can buy the base versions for gold and upgrade them at the vendor but back then it was like 90 badges per slot or something, and god help you if you wanted the mage 25Heroic Mage belt, because that wasn't added until Legion(?).

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay so even on 1x WotLK servers, if you complete Storm Peaks in it's entirety you're *just* at Honored - which is enough to purchase the T1 Enchant, T2 being locked behind Exalted.

Secondly, I'm not talking about *just* ICC - there were more than just T10 m'dear. The point is, WotLK had *very* few CDs and grinds compared to BfA/SL. BfA you aren't even viable until at least an 8 to 12 day Essence grind lmfao

Even then, who gives a shit about the rep - you could literally buy tabards at friendly and grind reps to exalted in less than a few days lmao - try doing that on retail, oh wait time played metrics >w<
    only 4 of the wotlk reps had tabards that worked like this.

again it seems you actually never played wotlk.
    countless wrong claims about wotlk makes me wonder if you even know how the base systems worked.
    "You didnt need badges to buy teir gear!" was just hilarious.

only 4 of the wotlk reps had tabards that worked like this.

again it seems you actually never played wotlk.
    countless wrong claims about wotlk makes me wonder if you even know how the base systems worked.
    "You didnt need badges to buy teir gear!" was just hilarious.
    You only needed badges to buy tier gear at T9 and T10, the rest were quite literally tokens.

And the reps sure did, but the ones that had REQUIRED rep shoulder and helmet enchants gave them to you at very early tiers of rep AND they let you grind them at your own leisure.

I think BfA has really fucked with your mind, like really screwed it the fuck up - I highly doubt you've done anything worth it in BfA anyway other than "got cool xmog" lmfao

Oh look Tier 8 not needing badges?! BUT FELPLAGUE, I THOUGHT I NEEDED BADGES FOR TIER GEAR?!?1

HONORED rep enchant, got by just COMPLETING Storm Peaks.

EXALTED rep enchant that required grinding the Sons of Hodir dailies - these were later turned into BoA at no cost to you
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-10-05 at 06:56 PM.

While i believe that changing conduits should not have any kind of barrier other than the fact that you can only change them at your covenant's forge, the proposed system is something i can live with and is way better than the idiotic one week cooldown they had in mind. I still believe that the whole setup should be saved by spec.

About the Maw i'm also glad they plan to do something about it. As other have said and it's been stated many times: it's just boring. And i don't even think that not having mounts is the problem, there are mounted enemies that when killed allow you to use their 'mount' for a minute and there are many other ways that they could put in place to increase movement speed or moving around to different zones. It's just that there is no point in using a mount because there is nothing really interesting going on that requires you to be able to reach some place fast enough, it's just a bunch of very similar enemies, some not-so-rare rares and random souls to be rescued.

7+ Year Old Account
    You only needed badges to buy tier gear at T9 and T10, the rest were quite literally tokens.

And the reps sure did, but the ones that had REQUIRED rep shoulder and helmet enchants gave them to you at very early tiers of rep AND they let you grind them at your own leisure.

I think BfA has really fucked with your mind, like really screwed it the fuck up - I highly doubt you've done anything worth it in BfA anyway other than "got cool xmog" lmfao

Oh look Tier 8 not needing badges?! BUT FELPLAGUE, I THOUGHT I NEEDED BADGES FOR TIER GEAR?!?1
    Yet you said "you dont need badges to buy them, badges were just for offgear"

No they didnt, sons of hodir did not have a tabard, and they required exalted for their enchant.

mate just admit, you havent actually played it.
    you keep saying im wrong, but you have just been spouting the most weird stuff ever that aint even close to true.

Yet you said "you dont need badges to buy them, badges were just for offgear"

No they didnt, sons of hodir did not have a tabard, and they required exalted for their enchant.

mate just admit, you havent actually played it.
    you keep saying im wrong, but you have just been spouting the most weird stuff ever that aint even close to true.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=44131/l...ion-of-the-axe would like a word with you! Seems YOU never played WotLK - completing Storm Peaks got you to honored with Sons of Hodir. You're an absolute fucking IDIOT

Great, instead of get Shadowlands release in October.

We will get,
    Shadowlands Development Update - November
    Shadowlands Development Update - January 2021
    Shadowlands Development Update - March 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    "The Maw is intended to be the desolate and brutal domain of the Jailer, and not a place any soul in the Warcraft cosmos ever hopes to visit. But this is, after all, a video game, and telling that story can’t come at the expense of creating a fun environment for adventurers."

This made me chuckle, and not in a mocking way, just in the sense that it seemed they were so focused on expressing their art that they lapsed in the goal of making it actually fun to experience. I can think of a few elements of BFA where this memory also lapsed. (And probably not the points that others might mention. I significantly enjoyed Islands and Warfronts :P )
    Yup mechagon is a demonstration how to do it right but the maw as it is on beta is just so opaque to players they had a hard time understanding why they would even bother going there outside the weekly stuff. The build up is to go there and do stuff but there was so little pay off for getting there it left people super confused. So taking the extra time they have to polish that and make it at least more understandable/interesting is a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=44131/l...ion-of-the-axe would like a word with you! Seems YOU never played WotLK - completing Storm Peaks got you to honored with Sons of Hodir. You're an absolute fucking IDIOT
    And you needed exalted with the sons of hodir to buy their GOOD enchants. (I shoulda made this more clear for you that the vendor sold 2 types of enchants, pathetic ones that people would laugh at you for having, then the actual good ones at exalted)
    hey man, no need to get so upset, im sure classic tbc is soon, then classic wotlk will come after, then you can finally play wotlk and experiance the thing i experianced when i was 12, and also later at 17-20.

Exalted took 22 days to acheive after completing all the quests getting you to honored.
    That is if you didnt farm out chips which took FOREVER
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-05 at 07:03 PM.

And you needed exalted with the sons of hodir to buy their enchants.
    hey man, no need to get so upset, im sure classic tbc is soon, then classic wotlk will come after, then you can finally play wotlk and experiance the thing i experianced when i was 12, and also later at 17-20.
    Confirmed LFR autistic troll. Requires The Sons of Hodir - Honored

And what did you experience? Because it sure as fuck wasn't WotLK and knowing you you probably just auto attacked your way to 80 lmfsao

7+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed LFR autistic troll. Requires The Sons of Hodir - Honored

And what did you experience? Because it sure as fuck wasn't WotLK and knowing you you probably just auto attacked your way to 80 lmfsao
    again mate, yeah you could get babies first enchant at honored, but the actual enchant is at exalted.

the first one would get you laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    Yeah that's the issue, it's not really sinister feeling at all. Maybe if it were a bit more dangerous it might feel the part too, but like, the art is there 100% but the rest of the zone is lacking. No mounts? well, there's patrols (pretty abundant btw) that are mounted, kill them, steal their mount for +80% speed for a minute. So that's pretty much negated right out the gate.

Most of the elites are pushovers, they'll be time consuming to kill and maybe slightly challenging to bad solo classes at the beginning (you're not going to take a lot of them on solo anyway at first) but once you get even mediocre gear that challenge is entirely gone.
    The art isn't there, though. This is supposed to be the afterlife, but it's just another floating rock island. It could easily be Argus, or Outland. They didn't push the ethereal/surreal aspect of being in Hell at all. It's one of their biggest mis-steps, art wise. Mob density and challenge is just part of the zone's "flavor'.

I hate to criticize the art team, because they do great work, but The Maw, and Maldraxxus are simply poor. Maldraxxus is just a swamp, the zone is dull, uninspiring, and visually ugly. The Maw is just...rocks. You can tell where most of the work went - Ardenweald and Castle Nathria. They knocked it out of the park, there. Bastion got a lot of work, and early on. The Maw and Maldraxxus feel like last minute additions when they'd spent the bulk of their dev time budget on a massive vampire castle.