Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You think every character in Avatar is Aang? Be a very different world.
    I don't understand what you mean by this considering I'm talking about the player characters place in the story.

But the fact remains all mentions of "the ripcord" are referring to being able to CHANGE Covenants, not to have the ability from one Covenant, whilst grinding rep for another.
    Here I timestamped this for you: https://youtu.be/MEcXvDDtarc?t=437

This is thee interview that popularized "the ripcord".

One thing people seem very concerned about re: Covenants is the aesthetics. My understanding was once you earned the aesthetics, you got to keep them.
    You need to be part of a covenant to be able to use its cosmetics.

Basically you need to be part of a covenant to use anything that has to do with that covenant. It doesn't carry any identity for the way its currently being designed if you could look like covenant A while being in covenant B.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'm curious on what they mean by "World events". Maybe they're going to add in boss events or world quest events, which would be nice to see. I love how Blizzard's focusing on the core issues of the Expansion now, such as Covenant shit and conduits, which is exactly what we needed to see fixed and dealt with. Feels like Blizzard actually gives a shit about the expansion.
    Yeah it's nice to see them doing this now instead of punting it to 9.2.

Though I'm starting to worry we're looking at January 2021 for launch if they really want to totally redo the Maw.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Basically you need to be part of a covenant to use anything that has to do with that covenant. It doesn't carry any identity for the way its currently being designed if you could look like covenant A while being in covenant B.
    But that's what you're asking for, right? Cosmetics from A, abilities from B?

Re: Aang that's my point. You want everyone to be Aang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah it's nice to see them doing this now instead of punting it to 9.2.

Though I'm starting to worry we're looking at January 2021 for launch if they really want to totally redo the Maw.
    They wouldn't say it will release in 2020 via the delay if they weren't sure they couldn't do it in 2020, They probably aren't starting from scratch but adding stuff to actually do there. Still curious what they do..hopefully more then just world bosses. They really need to invest in an event system that happens often so at least people still do stuff(YEs I know people hate the grind but more stuff to do outside raiding doesn't hurt(Pet battles excluded from this)

Its still mixing player power and choice the abilities make it that way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It still isn't what testers criticize about the design of the Covenants.
    Which has a total of zero impact on what Blizzard meant by ripcord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They wouldn't say it will release in 2020 via the delay if they weren't sure they couldn't do it in 2020, They probably aren't starting from scratch but adding stuff to actually do there. Still curious what they do..hopefully more then just world bosses. They really need to invest in an event system that happens often so at least people still do stuff(YEs I know people hate the grind but more stuff to do outside raiding doesn't hurt(Pet battles excluded from this)

On the matter of an event system I'm amazed we're now 3 expansions deep on World Quests and still the shortest quests last what, 6 hours?

When this was announced I figured we'd have new stuff to do like hourly with the system. Instead it was just Daily Quests by a different name.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is choosing a class or race, so that's not a great argument.

On the matter of an event system I'm amazed we're now 3 expansions deep on World Quests and still the shortest quests last what, 6 hours?

When this was announced I figured we'd have new stuff to do like hourly with the system. Instead it was just Daily Quests by a different name.
    Why would you think that was a good idea?

1 hour is a ridiculously short time for something to be up, unless you're the kind of person who lives in WoW. It's basically "drop everything now and go do this quest if you want it". Literally any other activity could quickly use up the time, and you'd be forever logging in with 15 or even 5 minutes left on something you really wanted and having to rush like a lunatic to try and do it.

It would be incredibly frantic and un-fun. People would be quitting dungeon groups and stuff because they wanted to go get some WQ that just popped. Terrible suggestion.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-05 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Been saying that for awhile now, World quests nice for what they are but they drop fast.

So is choosing a class or race, so that's not a great argument.
    I know, which why I'm not completely asking Blizzard to remove the covanent restriction.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    How do you mean? The post you quoted was talking about identity, and then you bring up an example of abilities / player power as if those two are intrinsically linked.

Who is "everyone" in this situation?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you want the ability to infinitely grind daily quests?

I’m 99% happy with the update.....the conduit change is better but they spent time and resources to make a system that is more complex than the conduit system because....they just wanna keep a restriction

This my friends is the stubborn side of blizzard

To be clear everything in the post is positive

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I’m 99% happy with the update.....the conduit change is better but they spent time and resources to make a system that is more complex than the conduit system because....they just wanna keep a restriction

This my friends is the stubborn side of blizzard

To be clear everything in the post is positive
    It is to be expected when they have to balance more than one facet of the system. In this case having to find a solution that both allows experimentation, but also prevents changing conduits in the fly.

It isnt really so much that Blizzard is stubborn as it is them knowing that something simple and clear cut won't be enough in this case.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested to solo mythic Legion raids.

Well I think I will come back later to test again (you know, in the 9.2 PTR)

It is soloable but it takes ages, more than 5min for 1 boss (and I guess they still haven't removed the "anti solo" capacities, especially in Antorus).

This should be soloable and fast, like when you solo HFC mythic right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is to be expected when they have to balance more than one facet of the system. In this case having to find a solution that both allows experimentation, but also prevents changing conduits in the fly.

It isnt really so much that Blizzard is stubborn as it is them knowing that something simple and clear cut won't be enough in this case.
    People want the locking out gone, thats it and Blizzard isn't moving on that. They're making everything about the locking out as good as it can but the lockout will stay. Gotta love that one streamer dude saying "Nobody wants this."

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Did you want the ability to infinitely grind daily quests?
    I'm glad you asked. Yes. And I think the fact this needs to be a question is the biggest flaw in the World Quest system.

It's a system entirely about getting epics. That's all it's become. Do 4 quests, get purple. It's a boring system, it's a slow system, it's largely an irrelevant system.

WoW has an "everything is about getting purples as fast as possible" problem, and World Quests are part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

It is soloable but it takes ages, more than 5min for 1 boss (and I guess they still haven't removed the "anti solo" capacities, especially in Antorus).

Yeah everything right now is wonky for scaling

I'm glad you asked. Yes. And I think the fact this needs to be a question is the biggest flaw in the World Quest system.

It's a system entirely about getting epics. That's all it's become. Do 4 quests, get purple. It's a boring system, it's a slow system, it's largely an irrelevant system.

WoW has an "everything is about getting purples as fast as possible" problem, and World Quests are part of it.
    That's an odd thing to say, as dailies have almost never been a major source of gear for the average player. They've always been for rep and a spattering of minor rewards.

By far the most important thing they provided for the last 2 xpacs was a consistent source of AP.

But uh... yeah I don't get the desire to want to grind dailies myself. But I guess you could make extra characters to do that?

Because Blizzard doesn't want you to complain about having to log in every hour.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

People want the locking out gone, thats it and Blizzard isn't moving on that. They're making everything about the locking out as good as it can but the lockout will stay. Gotta love that one streamer dude saying "Nobody wants this."
    I mean they thought about having a week long lock on azerite gear but then realized that feels bad

Flip flopped here but it’s better than what we had. Idk why anyone would want a lock on what is essentially azerite gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't want you to complain about having to log in every hour.
    They're gonna do that regardless and It was already a bad argument.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

Ah, that's weird. Seems Blizzard's still tuning it, I think. Kinda also explains the delay a bit.