Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yeah you seem loyal.
    Yeah honestly, whatever their reason for delaying is - balancing, broken quests and phasing bugs, classes not playing well, or some other technical issue we are not aware of, it is absolutely done to benifit the consumer. Because this decision is without a doubt costing Blizzard massive amounts of money, and isnt great for the PR either.

They may not be perfectly clear about their actual reason for the delay, but it certainly isnt for selfish reasons.

So i find it very strange behavior from a "loyal" customer to demand a refund.

I got time of work for the release which I cannot reschedule. If I cannot play the first two weeks I did not want to play Shadowlands release and would never have bought the prerelease. I might've chosen to do so at a later date when I know my working schedule.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's tempting tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I got time of work for the release which I cannot reschedule. If I cannot play the first two weeks I did not want to play Shadowlands release and would never have bought the prerelease. I might've chosen to do so at a later date when I know my working schedule.
    So because your leave doesnt line up with the release you dont want to play the expansion at all? This kind of attitude reminds me of a toddler throwing a tantrum and saying "no, i dont want it at all now" because you gave them the WRONG apple from the fruit bowl. It is unfortunate that you cannot change your leave, but i dont see how that is cause to refund the product unless you literally only play wow for those 2 weeks and then would unsub and never touch it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's tempting tbh.
    Getting a refund? The only logical reason to refund the game is if you are so unhappy with the delay that you will never play the expansion. If people genuinely believe a company the size of Acti-Blizz care if a handful of kids refund their pre-order, they are delusional. Especially since so many of them are just trying to make some childish point, and will end up giving Acti-Blizz their money back a few weeks later.

I also find it amusing how so many people applaud CDPR for delaying CP2077, and yet attack Blizzard for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If you make a decent income you can buy this game in 2 hours or less of work time. how much time does it take for you to make almost 600,000 gold to pay for tokens that will pay for game?, and please don't give me that internet bs that you can make it in under an hour.
    30/hour is WAY above decent and normal income, though your point is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    30/hour is WAY above decent and normal income, though your point is valid.
    In the US, the "average" is $27/hour, so not a HUGE gap, but i certainly appreciate this is absolutely NOT the case in other parts of the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The chance after dec 31 is very high.
    That is why the refund.

Blizzard could get sued.
    that is not even close to how law works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In the US, the "average" is $27/hour, so not a HUGE gap, but i certainly appreciate this is absolutely NOT the case in other parts of the world.
    ? I goggled average hourly wage usa and the first 30 sites had it at $11???

Edit- also saw the $27, I assume that does not include shit like mcdonalds cuz there is no way the average is $27. Usa has hilariously low minimum wage.
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2020-10-06 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    That is the contractually binding deadline.
    No it isn't stop playing internet lawyer.

Blizzard could post tomorrow that they are going to scrap SL and as long as they allow refunds (and they do) they are legally protected. But by all means try to go after them over this, That would be amusing to see.

This isn't the first time a game is delayed, They are not contracted to shit, stop trying to be a internet lawyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Where in the flying fuck did you get those numbers? You clearly don't live in the US if you think the average here is $27 a hour.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    ? I goggled average hourly wage usa and the first 30 sites had it at $11???

Edit- also saw the $27, I assume that does not include shit like mcdonalds cuz there is no way the average is $27. Usa has hilariously low minimum wage.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wages

Based on your "that obviously doesnt include mcdonalds" suggests you are not confident in what an average is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Where in the flying fuck did you get those numbers? You clearly don't live in the US if you think the average here is $27 a hour.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wages

Im on my phone so havnt done any "research"

Im on my phone so havnt done any "research"
    I can tell...

Over half of the adult work force in the US makes equal to or a bit over the federal minimum wage ($7.25). You are reading your link completely wrong fyi.

If you think the average wage here is $27 a hour I would love to see those jobs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I can tell...

Over half of the adult work force in the US makes equal to or a bit over the federal minimum wage ($7.25). You are reading your link completely wrong fyi.

If you think the average wage here is $27 a hour I would love to see those jobs.
    Oh I see, you are just confusing average with median. A simple mistake, not a big deal.

For the record, last I looked the median wage was around $15usd/hour
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-06 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Does that not suggest they may push past a 2020 release and into 2021?
    ...and what if it does? Is getting a good game so unimportant?

Delaying to get a better game is the right choice.
    The impatient ones are welcome to check out since they come and go with the wind anyways.

With that said, i very much doubt it won't release early december the latest.

But if I get a refund for SL, then I cannot play SL. I'm not following the refund logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    No, but you should be questioning your life choices when you watch a WoW stream instead of watching an edited video on youtube with only the highlights.
    or i could win a free copy of SL while watching a stream and getting paid at the same time at work...lol foh

Not even close. The average hourly pay between August 2019 and August 2020 was $11.35/hour.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ees-in-the-us/
    Last edited by MrMatticus; 2020-10-06 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Not even close. The average hourly pay between August 2019 and August 2020 was $11.35/hour.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ees-in-the-us/
    You really don't seem to understand what you are linking - or what I said, even though I put the important part in quotations. Cherry picking one piece of data you THINK supports your argument, without any understanding of what you are actually linking, doesn't do your argument any justice.

Oh I see, you are just confusing average with median. A simple mistake, not a big deal.

For the record, last I looked the median wage was around $15usd/hour
    Then again, the post you quoted originally was about "normal income" (if I recall correctly), and median is actually better in describing that.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Then again, the post you quoted originally was about "normal income" (if I recall correctly), and median is actually better in describing that.
    Yup, which I mentioned in a later post, and, is the exact reason I put put "average" in quotations.

As I pointed out, the devil is in the details. Some are wage only, some salary, some wage and salary, some average, some mean, some median. So people for whatever reason will Google it, ignore all the links that don't support their argument, and link the one they like, without understanding what they are linking.

It's really not a big deal, I don't care, I'm not american and in quite comfortable with what I earn myself, so....meh.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-06 at 09:17 AM.

No it isn't stop playing internet lawyer.
    1) I will be what I want to be.

2) One does not need to be a lawyer to apply basic logic. The Pre-Order is a binding contract, we agree to pay money, Blizzard agrees to deliver a product at or before a certain date, basic classification of a contract. This date was December 31st. This date is the contractually binding one because it is part of the contract. Their later announced release date was not part of any contract.

Ergo, the deadline is the 31st of December and the delay has as of yet not touched that.

Blizzard could post tomorrow that they are going to scrap SL and as long as they allow refunds (and they do) they are legally protected. But by all means try to go after them over this, That would be amusing to see.
    1) I have no intention to sue or even refund and never said I did. I was just explaining that the 27th of October is NOT the deadline.

2) You are actually right. As long as full refunds are issued there is no problem from a legal side. The Public Relations side however is quite a different story. If they suddenly announce they are scrapping the expansion and will make a new one to launch 2022 and issue refunds for SLs, that is fine from a legal point, but people will then unsub and move on, because no one will stay subbed 2 more years without new content. The PR and financial backlash would be by far more threatening then the legal one.

This isn't the first time a game is delayed, They are not contracted to shit, stop trying to be a internet lawyer.
    1) You are repeating yourself

2) You are so wrong it hurts. Buying ANYTHING constitues a legally binding contract as long as you are of age and not mentally diabled, in which case your parents/guardians enter the contract for you and it is only binding if they accept it (there are exceptions to this rule).

Even buying a bloody bubble gum means you have entered a contract. So yes, Blizzard is absolutely contracted to shit. They are contracted to deliver the game until the 31st of December. If they do not, then you as the buyer have the right to nullify the contract and demand your money back. Basically refunding. Refunding means annulling the contract. Quite simple really.

Of course you cannot sue them for not releasing a game, this is reserved for things where not having the article at the deadline causes you physical and or financial harm. Probably difficult to find a lawyer that can spin that.