Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel the unnecessary need to tell you the "full story".

I saw the Scarlet Scourge around 2 weeks ago (maybe) for the first time. That was during Asmongold's duo transmog competition. I immediately liked the idea and the obvious dedication with the same name, guild tmogs, mounts etc.

So I joined their discord and then transfered one char over and renamed and race changed him. As a lonesome pugger I had a feeling of classic WoW, doing BGs with your "uniform" and the feeling of comradery. Most of the abominations are normal players and not PvP gods, I had to show them addons like Battleground Targets.

After now one week in the guild and 7 transfered, race changed, and renamed character I can say with a clear conscience that these are normal guys (how normal WoW players can be) whose goal is absolutely not griefing or causing shit. A big topic is levleing alts, low-level BGs, transmogging and farming the gear you need for the uniforms. This means I was fresh on Ravencrest or Argent Dawn and there is no history at all connected to my account.

I signed up for the Saturday evening event, and to be honest I didn't track the time that much. It went on for maybe 2-3 hours max. The first 30 minutes were doing a video shoot in Scarlet Monastery (trampling the guy), then attacking Stormwind and Goldshire, which maybe lasted for 45 minutes. We didn't camp anything or specifically the AH, but there are the most players and auctioneers die to AoE. We alternated between Goldshire, Stromwind gate, Portal room, Dwarven restrict, and retreated once to Stonard to regroup.

Taking the video footage in the throne room (where a typhooning druid was disrupting OUR RP) and on the towers took about an hour or so.

Then Alliance gathered and outnumbered us, so we called it a fun night.

The next day I was disconnected and couldnt log in anymore because I was banned. First I thought maybe all my transfering, race and name changing triggered an autmated alarm system, but then on Discord players were getting banned as well. Then we all got that ominous email.

Before joing Scarlet Scourge I thought RP meant you have an appropriate name .. like me for example .. and instead of writing "LF tank UR +10" you write "We are looking for a strong warrior whose shield will protect us from the monstrosities that roam the Underrot. Then I learned RP means "sheep", "naked night elves in Goldshire", and "imaginery sexual offers for ingame gold". I couldn't believe it, but then I saw a naked night elf from the guild <Simp army> (or something like it). So this is RP ...

And that is the full story from my point of view.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Who decided that 2h is just too much? Why not 30min or 6h?
    Please show me ToS part saying anything about this ban decision and specific timeframes that 'we are fine with X minutes but more than that is disruptive so stop, dude!'.
    What is too much is going to be subjective, but being a pedant and asking for ToS references which show any specific case is or isn't against Blizzard's terms is a little silly. Blizzard reserves the right to make ad hoc decisions based on the situation, which is what is done in this case as the OP claims the guild received a suspension. We can also see that, by virtue of action being taken, that Blizzard considers some part of their action having broken their ToS; however, just because an action isn't explicitly in the ToS doesn't mean that Blizzard wants to support the behaviour, which is why they're typically vague.

That said, in the circumstance given by the OP, assuming they're being totally genuine, which I doubt, a suspension for raiding a city for a few hours is silly.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ""Player is disrupting RP activities""
    Isnt a rule for RP servers? LOLOLOLLOL

Also yes, killing all the npcs in stormwind for 2 hours is 100%
    "A guy is killing the quest giver over and over so nobody can pick up or turn in the quest"

next i bet your gunna say "It says i cant hack but i didnt hack, i just pressed install on the program and then clicked apply and now i can fly!"
    Dude.. You keep missing the point. Sure, you have linked a blue post and a section of the rules. Which you blindly interpretet in your own way.

Let me link some stuff:

This is a recent example of raids on stormwind. It is on a rp server. There was 1-2 raidteams for several hours each day. 7 days in a row.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-wra-sw/622636

and the blue response:
    https://imgur.com/a/cwKhqE5

So.. Please tell us again how the rules prohibit 2 hour raids on a main city....

And could you please be less toxic. You are disrupting my forum experience. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post

Before joing Scarlet Scourge I thought RP meant you have an appropriate name .. like me for example .. and instead of writing "LF tank UR +10" you write "We are looking for a strong warrior whose shield will protect us from the monstrosities that roam the Underrot. Then I learned RP means "sheep", "naked night elves in Goldshire", and "imaginery sexual offers for ingame gold". I couldn't believe it, but then I saw a naked night elf from the guild <Simp army> (or something like it). So this is RP ...

And that is the full story from my point of view.
    Rp is neither of those things, I bet you watched preaches drama time recently where the guy "does" as a paladin of Ragnaros and ran around in a dungeon yelling shit... yeah that's rp, but it's a dungeon. Also really nice attempt at a sob story, too bad the "sympathetic fake apology" kinda deal has been done and analyzed to death to the point even a guy as simple minded as logan Paul can pull it off twice.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-06 at 08:24 AM.

Rp is neither of those things really but nice attempt at a son story, too bad the "sympathetic fake apology" kinda deal has been done and analyzed to death to the point even a guy as simple minded as logan Paul can pull it off twice.
    RP is both of these things actually. You don't get to decide how other people roleplay. lol

Rp is neither of those things really but nice attempt at a son story, too bad the "sympathetic fake apology" kinda deal has been done and analyzed to death to the point even a guy as simple minded as logan Paul can pull it off twice.
    What is RP then? I come from an era when D&D just came out and my first online game was M.U.D. (multi user dungeon). That was called role-playing. Not aplogizing for anything, since there is nothing to apologize for. There are other games, and even real life duties. Shocking, I know.

Rp is neither of those things
    Gatekeeping much?

Rp is neither of those things, I bet you watched preaches drama time recently where the guy "does" as a paladin of Ragnaros and ran around in a dungeon yelling shit... yeah that's rp, but it's a dungeon. Also really nice attempt at a sob story, too bad the "sympathetic fake apology" kinda deal has been done and analyzed to death to the point even a guy as simple minded as logan Paul can pull it off twice.
    If you want a "pure" online RP experience, you need to go play an actual roleplaying framework on a privately hosted server, with a dungeon master and the like.

WoW is an MMO. You don't get to control what everyone does.

What is RP then? I come from an era when D&D just came out and my first online game was M.U.D. (multi user dungeon). That was called role-playing. Not aplogizing for anything, since there is nothing to apologize for. There are other games, and even real life duties. Shocking, I know.
    "I come from an era when D&d just came out" your in your 60's? Dayum.

Rp is talking, acting out a role, meeting people who want to interact with you, and pretending you are your charecter. Now you can PvP, you can murder people, but you need to find people who are willing to do that with you. and you need to realize consent is a big thing, walking up and saying you stab someone is just gunna get you blocked. Walking up and literally stabbing someone is not rp.

I highly doubt it but my naive self says here. A good idea on how to RP. Rp in D&d translates well to wow ,as it is really similar. Adventures told, although you are not the one person, everyone you are with should be equally included, if you invite friends over you shouldn't force yourself into the center of attention.
    Role playing can be as simple as setting up macros to yell spells when you attack and wear a lot mount and name that fits a theme. Or it can be as detailed as telling stories hundreds of pages long.

But waking on a name and transmog then ganking people trying to drp does not suddenly mean you are rping you are trolling.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you want a "pure" online RP experience, you need to go play an actual roleplaying framework on a privately hosted server, with a dungeon master and the like.

WoW is an MMO. You don't get to control what everyone does.
    Sorry, you don't, which is why you don't get the break the rules and control everyone else's roleplay.

50s please! No need to add additional years! We played Midgard (might be a Germany-only game" and Runemaster.. and a Sci-Fi RPG called Traveller.

Sorry, you don't, which is why you don't get the break the rules and control everyone else's roleplay.
    Having spent 5 years on an RP server, where we particpated in multiple city raids, this is absolutely within the rules, and absolutely within character in a game where the devs consistently push the faction conflict.

They've even set up capital attacks as part of the storyline, multiple times.

50s please! No need to add additional years! We played Midgard (might be a Germany-only game" and Runemaster.. and a Sci-Fi RPG called Traveller.
    You said d&d so I was going off d&d 1st which came out late 70's

- - - Updated - - -

Having spent 5 years on an RP server, where we particpated in multiple city raids, this is absolutely within the rules, and absolutely within character in a game where the devs consistently push the faction conflict.

They've even set up capital attacks as part of the storyline, multiple times.
    Devs also push you are super powerful. Does not mean you can ignore the rules and hack to make yourself super powerful.

Just because it exists in lore does not mean you can suddenly break the rules to do so by Blizzard themselves.

Did you skip past my post or was it intentionally ignored? An almost identically situation, just the invasion was much more massive, recently happened on a rp server. According to blizzard, it was not against the rules.

Devs also push you are super powerful. Does not mean you can ignore the rules and hack to make yourself super powerful.

Just because it exists in lore does not mean you can suddenly break the rules to do so by Blizzard themselves.
    If you hack to make yourself super powerful, you are going beyond the power that the devs have assigned, what are you even talking about?

If you hack to make yourself super powerful, you are going beyond the power that the devs have assigned, what are you even talking about?
    And you are breaking the rules by disrupting rp. As shown in their rules. And by a fair few GM's and CMS now.

I gotta say your mental fortitude when dealing with children is... some monk level shit.

I guess with not being able to troll an rp server (an rp server really? Of all things lol) they now have no meaning in life and have flock to mmoc for 3 days.

I have a solution for this problem though. Anyone saying its fine to disrupt rp servers should have a 40 man raid be able to enter the raid they are in and camp/reset the boss for 2 hours every night. It falls under the rules of "hur dur its da pvp on da pvp game" shit they have spouted off for 20+ pages.

The oceans would noticeably rise with the amount of tears from these kids.

And you are breaking the rules by disrupting rp. As shown in their rules. And by a fair few GM's and CMS now.
    The rules in this case are a paradox. It is an MMO with PvP. Killing someone is disruption. Yet killing someone is also playing the role of your faction.

You have to accept this as a condition of entry in RP in an MMO with PvP. If you can't, make it a PvE only MMO.

Seems like you are cherrypicking - or just ignoring everything that argues against it.

I will repeat one more time: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52701693

Please have a read - since you base your opinions on blue posts.

The rules in this case are a paradox. It is an MMO with PvP. Killing someone is disruption. Yet killing someone is also playing the role of your faction.

You have to accept this as a condition of entry in RP in an MMO with PvP. If you can't, make it a PvE only MMO.
    Playing the game is not rp.
    That's like saying all content is pve cause "player versus everything"
    If you want to do PvP, literally ANYWHERE but stormwind.
    Cause if they have warmode on they are free game, but people in stormwind don't have a choice warmode on or off.

Doing PvP is not just roleplay, that's not how things work...
    Your level of stretching is even more then most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I gotta say your mental fortitude when dealing with children is... some monk level shit.

I guess with not being able to troll an rp server (an rp server really? Of all things lol) they now have no meaning in life and have flock to mmoc for 3 days.

I have a solution for this problem though. Anyone saying its fine to disrupt rp servers should have a 40 man raid be able to enter the raid they are in and camp/reset the boss for 2 hours every night. It falls under the rules of "hur dur its da pvp on da pvp game" shit they have spouted off for 20+ pages.

The oceans would noticeably rise with the amount of tears from these kids.
    Work, booze, and camping for another falling flame while watching YouTube is great afternoon.

Playing the game is not rp.
    That's like saying all content is pve cause "player versus everything"
    If you want to do PvP, literally ANYWHERE but stormwind.
    Cause if they have warmode on they are free game, but people in stormwind don't have a choice warmode on or off.
    City raids are part of the game. There are achievements for it. There are raids based around the idea of attacking a city. It is incentivised with a mount. It's not outside the realm of the RP for orcs to attack Stormwind. Or any other capital. Or the Alliance to attack Horde cities.

What is disruption is doing it repeatedly over multiple days, especially consecutive. One night? That's just a city raid, and is fine.