Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    it's just a name if someone wants to use it I don't see what the problem is.
    The problem is not what people want to personally RP within their own narratives, the problem is when people take that permission to argue that the lore itself should reflect their preference.

The lore is a guideline for RP, but RP does not affect the lore.

Your blue eyed elf on the horde can perfectly call themselves a High Elf, they could very well in their own narrative push of a restoration movement, and that totally cool, but that does not change the facts, the lore, as it is, which is no Group of thalassians in the horde refer to themselves as High Elves, they are a very strongly unified political entity under Lor'themar as Blood Elves.

The alliance, on the other hand, does have several groups that refer to themselves as High Elves. The point is not whether they should or not, or if Blood Elves should go back to High Elves; it's merely pointing out the facts of the situation.

To say that the Horde has blood elves and the alliance has High Elves should not be considered an antagonistic comment, but a simply a statement of, if generalized, facts. It simply makes reference to the ideological and political divide that sees one group on the horde, and the other predominantly on the alliance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yah! I think overall they could make a great healing concept based on something like this.

- - - Updated - - -

What's interesting about comments like these is that they assume there is such a thing as a "true high elf".

Which, there really isn't. There are just different concepts and contexts each of us regard as our preferred choice.

Cause if you look it from a origin perspective based on War2 and their introduction, Blood Elves will never be "true" High Elves because they are not alliance.

If you look it from an aesthetic perspective, VE and their new options will never be "true high elves" because they don't have blonde, white and brown hair colors.

If you look it from a in lore perspective; neither is a "true high elf", because blood elves, void elves and and modern high elves are all different iterations of a previous group, with bifurcating ideologies, cultures and politics.

How would a blood elf with blue eyes feel like a "true high elf" for someone that sees High elves as linked to their history to the alliance?

But I also always wonder, why are some horde players so bent on reclaiming "high elf" when in universe blood elves willingly redefined themselves?

It's just weird at this point.

There are no true High Elves now, because that ended when Quel'thalas fell. We either have Blood Elves, the majority of the survivors reinventing themselves looking for a future, and modern High Elves, which are a small group of expats assimilated into human culture that might as well change their name now.

Yet those expats are the ones still using the name, and at this point it's just sheer obstination for people to just not get that in fact, in the present, high elf simply makes reference to thalassians that still call themselves that.
    High elves are blood elves with blue eyes and somewhat paler skin in wow. There isnt much to it lookwise.

So in wow for what a high elf is.. lookwise which is the whole point with the eye color thing they got, is to give players a chance to rp as one, but not actually be one (tag)

That was the whole point. Somewhat of the same can be said with wildhammer dwarves. No tag, but you can rp as one.

You can rp one on the alliance, but it terms of looks blood elves look like true high elves (lookwise again, fair skin, blue eyes) and void elves can try, but not as good. There realy isnt much to it.. and most people let go of the whole parade of they should be alliance blabla. High elves are dead with these eye options given to both races.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-06 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    High elves are blood elves with blue eyes and somewhat paler skin in wow. There isnt much to it lookwise.

Comment like these are weird in a sense that somme believe they are this super unique own race.., which is not.
    Like, not to gatekeep the conversation, but, jeez. But I guess you aren't actually that interested on nuance is this is all you got out of the whole conversation.

Cause it's really not that deep; blood elves are high elves that changed their name are now in the horde, but there's still a segment of high elves that retains the name, and it's on the alliance and also dalaran.

It's like saying Huojin Pandaren are horde and Tushuii are Alliance. It's really not that complicated to understand, and at this point seems kinda obtuse that people keep making it requires anything beyond a basic understanding.

I always wanted to play as an elven veteran of the Second War and a troll hunter, who hates the Horde with a passion. You can't really do this, if you're playing a blood elf. Yes, visually void elves are not high elves, but they share a common history and goals, and that's good enough for me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Under the sky near High Elf's Ranger brotherhood
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I always wanted to play as an elven veteran of the Second War and a troll hunter, who hates the Horde with a passion. You can't really do this, if you're playing a blood elf. Yes, visually void elves are not high elves, but they share a common history and goals, and that's good enough for me.
    Most stupid argue that I've heard. Okay, just go to the role-play servers like Epsilone of RPHeaven, where fraction mechanic turns off and create a model of high elf and start easily roleplaying. High Elves hadn't any common things in history and goals. High Elves still great patriots of their ideal and culture. while Void Elves, as we can see, double traitors - first they betrayed high elves while they support Fel-sucking, then they betrayed Blood Elves in banned Void using. Go and leard lore before you will arguing like that and taste your own VElves-bastard race.

Wow, I'm not arguing with you, dude. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    Most of the current Warcraft community doesn't care deeply about lore, deeply spit on logic and plot. Give them a beautiful visual, more EPIC items and drops, dungeons and bosses where you can overwrite buttons and tactics for ten hours in a row. They do not care about your lore and do not care about the roleplayers for whom there are some traitors, I will name them directly, drown. They do not care about your role-playing game and how you imagine yourself - a transparent elf with blue hair and eyes. They don't really know what kind of high elves it will turn out to be.
    Desperate people like me have asked and are asking for a separate race. When it is introduced, then there will be reconciliation and the possibility of a normal dialogue. But until this moment, no compromises, and we need the most tough, and even better aggressive crush on Blizzard. If their greedy stupid heads do not reach the simple requests of the players, and when the requests are already 15 years old. Already and even more.
    And with the traitors who have flooded this thread, there can be no conversation at all. You are Judas. You betrayed the idea, you caved in and now idolize Blizzard, because you were given a rotten stew but in a beautiful package and with a sweet aroma. Because of you, we lost the High Elves too. And now we get THIS MISCENSE, which you now praise.
    And then you all, like an antis, you all will tell that the high elves have died out all together, Vereesa and the Silver Covenant have sunk into oblivion, and all the high elves are your damned ren'dorei (better they burn in helll). Well, well, Judas.
    The majority of the community never cared about the story and lore... even in WC3 most people were probably more interested in the multiplayer and custom games like DOTA than the campaign. That's how WC3 remained popular for so long.

Also, correction, I didn't betray anything, because I never wanted High elves in the first place.

Finally, you take this game too seriously. I know there's a pandemic, but go breathe some fresh air outside once in a while.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like, not to gatekeep the conversation, but, jeez. But I guess you aren't actually that interested on nuance is this is all you got out of the whole conversation.

Cause it's really not that deep; blood elves are high elves that changed their name are now in the horde, but there's still a segment of high elves that retains the name, and it's on the alliance and also dalaran.

It's like saying Huojin Pandaren are horde and Tushuii are Alliance. It's really not that complicated to understand, and at this point seems kinda obtuse that people keep making it requires anything beyond a basic understanding.
    Listen, this is starting to get weird. You quoted me remember?

I made my point about why blood elves look like high elves and what tbe point is in rping as one. That is the conversation. My point still stands and that is that blood elves look like proper high elves and void elves not so much.

Ps; I edited my comment, because I though It was to short and felt bit heated, which wasnt the case. Reread it if you want, but the conversation was about the rp element which is the whole point of high elves today.

High elves are dead in terms of where so they belong.. I thought that was clear by now. Both factions got the eye color and in wow high elves are blood elves with blue eyes and fair skin. So saying there is no true high elf look is false. There isnt much else to it I am afraid.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-06 at 08:08 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleion View Post
    How is this thread still a thread. Mods should really just delete this thread.
    make a thread about any question regarding High Elves outside here and see how far it goes; there you will see the purpose of this thread
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

What happens if Blizz decides to share all the Blood Elf hairstyles and hair colors with Void Elves (and also share Void Elf hairstyles with Blood Elves). Will Void Elves then qualify as High Elves by your standards?

I mean if High Elves are Blood Elves with blue eyes and fair skin, why aren't Void Elves also High Elves with blue eyes and fair skin (since ya know, they have both those options come pre-patch)? Will it really come down to hairstyles and hair colors to determine a "true high elf look"?

Personally I think this looks like a "true high elf" to me:

It's not like every High Elf is blonde. Heck look at this comparison:

Why is one of these considered a "true high elf look" and the other is not?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    -snip-
    above all else on what I said before, the word of god himself says that "Void Elves are High Elves" too
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The Ren'dorei are and have always been High elves, as they are Blood elves mutated by the Void, but the Blood elves are biologically High elves.

I also theorized in the past that the Ren'dorei are actually closer to the Highvale/Silver Covenant elves than the Blood elves, because their eyes are blue, not green. Thus I believe that the Void cleansed them of their Fel mutation (i.e. green eyes), making them biologically much closer to Vereesa and co. than the Blood elves of the Horde.

The problem is not what people want to personally RP within their own narratives, the problem is when people take that permission to argue that the lore itself should reflect their preference.

Your blue eyed elf on the horde can perfectly call themselves a High Elf, they could very well in their own narrative push of a restoration movement, and that totally cool, but that does not change the facts, the lore, as it is, which is no Group of thalassians in the horde refer to themselves as High Elves, they are a very strongly unified political entity under Lor'themar as Blood Elves.

The alliance, on the other hand, does have several groups that refer to themselves as High Elves. The point is not whether they should or not, or if Blood Elves should go back to High Elves; it's merely pointing out the facts of the situation.

To say that the Horde has blood elves and the alliance has High Elves should not be considered an antagonistic comment, but a simply a statement of, if generalized, facts. It simply makes reference to the ideological and political divide that sees one group on the horde, and the other predominantly on the alliance.
    Assuming Blizzard cares. With the whole "we giving you these options because we want players to be whoever they want to be" is there much point anymore? Wouldn't be surprised if they just randomize npc placements and sooner or later you'll see Blood Elf npc's in a BE camp with blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    above all else on what I said before, the word of god himself says that "Void Elves are High Elves" too
    Exactly. If the devs say Void Elves are High Elves, and they are soon getting the options to look like High Elves, how can anyone say they aren't High Elves? Since when does a specific hairstyle or specific shade of hair color determine which race is or isn't a "true" High Elf.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-10-06 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I'm not talking about someone that wants to RP their character a certain way, even if it goes against established lore, that's the point of RP - it's yours.

The issue comes from people trying to use their headcanon RP as if it's established lore, even Blizzard does not support that.

Blizzard supports allowing you to RP your character however you wish. Blizzard does not support your RP as if it is their established lore.

There's a big difference between those two things.

Personally, I think that if someone who plays a void elf and with high elf customization, no one should tell them that it is not, it is their personal canon and Danuser said that the personal canon is canon with the new customizations, if you play sand troll customizations then you are sand troll in the same way that if you play wildhammer you are a wildhammer, the art director said they were adding high elves as high elf customization for void elves and blood elves, it is the blizz who said this, say that a race is the true is silly all those who play with the customizations are high elves said by the devs

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think that if someone who plays a void elf and with high elf customization, no one should tell them that it is not, it is their personal canon and Danuser said that the personal canon is canon with the new customizations, if you play sand troll customizations then you are sand troll in the same way that if you play wildhammer you are a wildhammer, the art director said they were adding high elves as high elf customization for void elves and blood elves, it is the blizz who said this, say that a race is the true is silly all those who play with the customizations are high elves said by the devs
    I was saying that earlier, it is an rp element without the tag, same as you feel like you are a wildhammer dwarf.. then you are a wildhammer dwarf.

Idk depends on how you take it.. I mean obviously it isnt realy canon. People come up with the weirdest rp stories. Making every thing canon like that kinda takes the piss on the whole thing.

Its good thats its there and if you feel like a high elf as a void elf. You can rp as one. But the tag remains void elf. So you gotta tell people you are a high elf basically. That was the whole point of it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Void elves can be high or blood elves.

Blood elves are high elves, but not all high elves are blood elves.

Thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ren'dorei are and have always been High elves, as they are Blood elves mutated by the Void, but the Blood elves are biologically High elves.

I also theorized in the past that the Ren'dorei are actually closer to the Highvale/Silver Covenant elves than the Blood elves, because their eyes are blue, not green. Thus I believe that the Void cleansed them of their Fel mutation (i.e. green eyes), making them biologically much closer to Vereesa and co. than the Blood elves of the Horde.
    Uhm somewhat. Its stated both blood and high elves can become void elves. Like I said before, not all blood elves are high elves.

But yea the 2 groups can both become void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Exactly. If the devs say Void Elves are High Elves, and they are soon getting the options to look like High Elves, how can anyone say they aren't High Elves? Since when does a specific hairstyle or specific shade of hair color determines which race is or isn't a "true" High Elf.
    Its more that high elves in wow were all represented with light hair and fair skin. It kinda went unnoticed and became the norm of what a high elf is.

But I agree why couldnt high elves have black hair? Just that wow created that fair elf look in bc and stick with it over the years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its more that high elves in wow were all represented with light hair and fair skin. It kinda went unnoticed and became the norm of what a high elf is.

But I agree why couldnt high elves have black hair? Just that wow created that fair elf look in bc and stick with it over the years.
    Your comments are so strange. First you only kept saying high elves are 'fair skin with blue eyes', now when someone gives you an example of fair skin and blue eyes you say that light hair color is needed for it to be 'a high elf'. It's like those fellows who went, 'lol as long as you can't make a fair skin, blue eyed Paladin on Alliance then it's not a 'true' high elf!!' when Paladin has never been the deciding factor for whether a high elf is a high elf.

All of it seems like a roundabout way to say that only Blood Elves are high elves, when that's not true as every version of a thalassian is a high elf, whether they're blood elves or void elves (both of these were regarded as 'flavors of high elves') or the ones that continue calling themselves High Elves.

Also it's weird for you to point out that the tag for Alliance high elves will say void elf and yet completely never mention that Blood Elf rpers will face the same condition: their tag will always refer to them as a blood elf regardless of if they're RPing as a high elf.

Your commentary comes off as pedantic, especially when the developers themselves have said these new customizations coming in for Void Elves and Blood Elves are High Elf customization and that they may do more in the future in regards to the High Elf customization and the racial tag focused solely on Void Elves yet not Blood Elves.

I was saying that earlier, it is an rp element without the tag, same as you feel like you are a wildhammer dwarf.. then you are a wildhammer dwarf.

Idk depends on how you take it.. I mean obviously it isnt realy canon. People come up with the weirdest rp stories. Making every thing canon like that kinda takes the piss on the whole thing.

Its good thats its there and if you feel like a high elf as a void elf. You can rp as one. But the tag remains void elf. So you gotta tell people you are a high elf basically. That was the whole point of it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Void elves can be high or blood elves.

Blood elves are high elves, but not all high elves are blood elves.

Thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm somewhat. Its stated both blood and high elves can become void elves. Like I said before, not all blood elves are high elves.

But yea the 2 groups can both become void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the void elves should also have green eyes. The silvermoon scholar are part of the void elves.

3+ Year Old Account
    Under the sky near High Elf's Ranger brotherhood
    I think the void elves should also have green eyes. The silvermoon scholar are part of the void elves.
    Why the hell they should have green Fel eyes? And why they should got blue Arcane eyes from High Elves? What a hell you just speaking? Check about energies and their "communicating" with each other. Void hellElves couldn't have arcane-blue eyes and green Fel-eyes even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    Why the hell they should have green Fel eyes? And why they should got blue Arcane eyes from High Elves? What a hell you just speaking? Check about energies and their "communicating" with each other. Void hellElves couldn't have arcane-blue eyes and green Fel-eyes even more so.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Silvermoon_Scholar