Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Innocent players are rarely banned. It sometimes happens but not that often and usually not a guild-wide thing.
    this doesn't change anything, it happens
    the reason why blizzard still ban innocent players is because of negligence ("it's only a few") and as usual a failure to understand the value of the game especially for those who poured 15 years in it

It would have been great to know exactly from a GM what we have done wrong. They could just said: "You killed players in a major hub on a RP server". At the moment we can only speculate.

This thread has shown me that rp can be fun, and that some persistent people have a very narrow-minded idea of what rp is and should be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    It would have been great to know exactly from a GM what we have done wrong. They could just said: "You killed players in a major hub on a RP server". At the moment we can only speculate.
    Yes, which is why it's best for players to immediately doubt your story. This is the first time I've heard of PvP causing players to get banned without warning. It's more likely that information is being withheld than Blizzard has decided to change their policy stance on PvP and occupying enemy towns after 15~ years.

- - - Updated - - -

If you accidentally get flagged it doesn't matter if you have warmode on or off. PvP is not exclusive to Warmode or Instances.
    You can't be tricked into flagging anymore. I believe you have to explicitly toggle PvP on to have it enabled in non-Warmode settings now.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    this doesn't change anything, it happens the reason why blizzard still ban innocent players is because of negligence ("it's only a few") and as usual a failure to understand the value of the game especially for those who poured 15 years in it
    Blizzard understands what the game means for the people that play it. Innocent players rarely get banned because it sometimes happens. Nothing is perfect.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This is what we got. Fact is, nobody knows the real reason.

Did you appeal it? Thats just a very confusing message overall. Im curious too now.

It looks like some auto-triggered mass-report ban that no human CS even tried to look into.

As far as I know, the only way to get a reason is to submit a ticket asking for the reason, not live chat. Chances are they may just state the same reason, but I've seen other posts where it was enhanced upon a little bit.

But they could take a week to respond, haha.

"The issue is not up for futher discussion, Goodbye".

That was the bottom line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    You can't be tricked into flagging anymore. I believe you have to explicitly toggle PvP on to have it enabled in non-Warmode settings now.
    It still functions like before. It takes effort on the players part to get flagged (healing a flagged person etc) but it could still happen unintentionally. Accidents usually only happen around the other factions guards (my alliance characters tended to get flagged in stormsong valley a lot because of world quest (or jellies) near horde hubs.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Did you appeal it? Thats just a very confusing message overall. Im curious too now.

It looks like some auto-triggered mass-report ban that no human CS even tried to look into.
    We did. Answer: not for discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    You literally posted a message from your guild master that states you were told the reason. Disruption and were reported as such. You can't keep playing ignorant while providing a bunch of details from multiple sources. How is that "I'm going to a streamer because blizzard told me to GTFO and I have concrete proof" going?

We did. Answer: not for discussion.
    Since you didnt break any rules I think you should appeal until you've reached response from a proper GM.

There are a lot of terrible GM's now with how they have outsourced a lot, so that may be a reason you got garbage answers.

Since you didnt break any rules I think you should appeal until you've reached response from a proper GM.

There are a lot of terrible GM's now with how they have outsourced a lot, so that may be a reason you got garbage answers.
    Well, the ban expires tomorrow. I just wish they define what disturbing an RP entails.

7+ Year Old Account

Here's the problem:
    From the outside we have (1) a claim from a group that they were banned while doing nothing wrong, and (2) Blizzard's longstanding policies in PvP which are very rarely not upheld and have remained relatively consistent over 15~ years.

We now also have a member of the guild saying they've appealed and that they wont discuss their appeal. It's very suspicious.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard understands what the game means for the people that play it. Innocent players rarely get banned because it sometimes happens. Nothing is perfect.
    they don't understand, otherwise they would not permanently ban innocent players (happened to me so I can relate the experience, at least got unbanned). they can instead use a long term ban like 1 year or so, which wouldn't hurt innocent players to such extremes. they told it already, perm bans just drive players to recreate an account. except innocent players who truly care and who can't start over without losing all they earned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the ban expires tomorrow. I just wish they define what disturbing an RP entails.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRn0D7Qkeg

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ions/118399/15

Ask your own guild? They are no strangers to disruption, greifing, and other "bad behavior". Weird too how your guild leader claims no one has ever been banned but there is apparently a long history of bans in the guild. If you are going to lie at least make sure you don't have a easily googled history.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-06 at 03:40 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRn0D7Qkeg

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ions/118399/15

Ask your own guild? They are no strangers to disruption, greifing, and other "bad behavior".
    Is this Felplague 2.0, are you going to start strawmanning and overly abuse the word disruption too? Come on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Here's the problem:
    From the outside we have (1) a claim from a group that they were banned while doing nothing wrong, and (2) Blizzard's longstanding policies in PvP which are very rarely not upheld and have remained relatively consistent over 15~ years.

We now also have a member of the guild saying they've appealed and that they wont discuss their appeal. It's very suspicious.
    It is, thats why I believe they should keep appealing it until it reaches a GM that is actually good at his job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this Felplague 2.0, are you going to start strawmanning and overly abuse the word disruption too? Come on.
    You can disrupt game play. It isn't a strawman to acknowledge that fact. Their guild has a history of disruption. A history of bans. They lied here about never having a suspension before. They don't need your weird loyalty and blanket defense. If you stick around forums for any length of time you will learn that rarely do complaints about account actions contain the entire truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is, thats why I believe they should keep appealing it until it reaches a GM that is actually good at his job.
    I should clarify, as I think there is a miscommunication. I'm not implying that the GM enforced policy inappropriately, rather I think it's more likely that the guild, and the members posting here, are actively hiding information and lying about what they did which would have caused enforcement actions taken.