Poll: Do your have the brutosaur mount?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was a cute mount. I wouldn't have minded obtaining it. If it wasn't such a unobtainable price. They priced it way too high. I thought the spider mount sounded bad but yes brutosaur takes the cake.

"Oh people just say it's an unrealistic price." It really was tho over 1000$ irl money with tokens (Price of what?Roughly a used car or go-kart, flamethrower etc irl) and I can't imagine how many mats it would be to obtain it with ingame currency. I don't know how much time that would've taken overall. They asked way too much for a video game. I don't want to see the price increase either on the next couple of expansions.

They want to continue to make gold sink mounts? That kinda sucks, but it's understandable. Make them an actual realistic price next time please and thanks. That way more people are incentivized to obtain it and it will add up. Compared to a select few.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-10-06 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Indeed.

I love the AH play, it was the only thing keeping me logging in since Covid forced me out of the raiding scene for the remainder of the expansion.

Of course, once I got the mount + a hefty sum saved away for SL, I stopped logging in altogether. Gonna be interesting to see what the landscape will be going into SL in terms of the AH and prices.
    WoW economy reddit will have that answer lol. But yes, if you enjoy it its easy to make millions.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your assertion that it will cost more than 5 million isn't logical. It is more logical to say that it will cost less. The reason being is that at the 5M mark, everyone that could afford it and wanted it already have it. That means the only people.left to buy it are the ones that want it but couldn't afford it. So if they couldn't afford it at 5M what makes you think they could afford it at a more expensive price?
    I completely agree. It should never cost 5 million or more gold on BMAH.

UNLESS, they up the starting bid to 5 mil. Otherwise, all logic points to it being less expensive from BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post

I'm very happy that I finally managed to reach 5 million gold and get my longboy mount today. I'm back to 0 gold again, but I feel it's worth it as I spend a lot of time on the AH with my main and alts. Plus it's a big, great looking mount. Do you have yours already? Still trying to get it? You won't be able to buy it when the pre-patch comes. It will after that move over to the black market AH, where it will definitely cost more than 5 million. Sell everything you have. Hand in emissary quests. Clear old raids and sell all the loot. Do world quests from Legion and BFA with pvp mode on. If you're desperate, sell tokens. Good luck.
    Congratulations! I have burned my last savings from Legion on the brutosaur and some other mounts, and managed to get back to 500K gold now thank to reputation bonus and paragon / emissary chests.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close to 5 million gold, not too concerned about it. Have engineering on just about every toon (speed boost and glider) so always have ah in the major cities.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    It was a cute mount. I wouldn't have minded obtaining it. If it wasn't such a unobtainable price. They priced it way too high. I thought the spider mount sounded bad but yes brutosaur takes the cake.

"Oh people just say it's an unrealistic price." It really was tho over 1000$ irl money with tokens (Price of what?Roughly a used car or go-kart, flamethrower etc irl) and I can't imagine how many mats it would be to obtain it with ingame currency. I don't know how much time that would've taken overall. They asked way too much for a video game. I don't want to see the price increase either on the next couple of expansions.

They want to continue to make gold sink mounts? That kinda sucks, but it's understandable. Make them an actual realistic price next time please and thanks. That way more people are incentivized to obtain it and it will add up. Compared to a select few.
    Though I was able to afford this mount - you are totally right about the pricing topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Are you saying you're an asshole?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone spending roughly $500 of bnet credit worth of gold for this, who isn't omega rich, really needs to stand back and rethink some things.
    I would not have bought this with real cash, but I had collected the gold in game so... *shurgs*

Won't have it in time, maybe in a few decades i'll be able to buy it out from the black market

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Also I wanted to add that I sympathize with people who are getting it because they just want a brutosaur mount, and this is the only option. They really shouldn't have made this the only option for it. Let people who want it for the auctioneer pay for that, and let there be another brutosaur mount for people who just want one and don't care for the utility or want to pay millions of gold for it.

I feel less sympathetic for the people who bought this because they really need the utility of an auctioneer that they never made use of to begin with if they are buying WoW tokens instead of playing the market (I heard when the expansion was fresh that it was a good purchase because the hardcore auctioneers who had that kind of gold wanted to update auctions constantly; it made sense in that kind of investment). It's frankly not that special. A vendor mount is really all you need, but personally I am big on mogging so I'm glad I have the yak for that functionality, too. Neither are overly expensive.

I feel even less sympathetic to people who just bought it with WoW tokens because they wanted to show off their 'wealth' ingame. Give me a break. I'm not even impressed by the people who got it with their own gold, but that's just ridiculous. And if you feel bad about buying it after that, welp, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

But I'm getting off topic here. I really think they should have had other non-auctioneer brutosaur mounts, and frankly I think they should add one for players who want that. Maybe one that costs 1 million gold, but has no vendor/auctioneer. It's obscenely expensive but still dramatically cheaper than the overpriced utility of an auctioneer.
    I really love the brutosaur, I try to get as many dinosaur mounts as possible. Though an AH access is convenient, I main a mage and the AH is always a click away for me. If there had been 2 of these mounts, I probably would only have bought the cheaper one.

I wouldn't mind if they add 5% of commission for ppl to use your ah mount for service fee.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I completely agree. It should never cost 5 million or more gold on BMAH.

UNLESS, they up the starting bid to 5 mil. Otherwise, all logic points to it being less expensive from BMAH.
    What logic? There are lots of people out there who picked up gold making because of the bruto but didn't manage to earn 5 million in time. A good portion of them will keep at it come SL and be ready to fight for the mount on bmah thus keeping the price high. Not to mention all the returning players who still have their gold reserves from WoD/Legion but missed out due to being absent. Additionally, more and more realms are getting connected which means less independent bmah instances overall and greater competition.

I wont spend 5m for something i can do by having a lvl 1 alt parked at old stormwind town ^^ but gratz on the achieve

What's the point of getting a 578th mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    do you realize that you need like 110m gold to get all tcg mounts?
    5m is a lot...but nothing if you're an actual collector

Do not need it, so no.

If I had 5 million gold i'd rather use it on tokens for free gametime/expansions than one mount with AH access.

I'm normally in org a lot using the portals there anyway
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Why bother? I can just use someone else's.
    I was going to say, if anyone needs it a lot of us have it so - that's my FAVORITE part of this mount: if anyone needs it, I'll gladly mount it

BigUP everyone and see you in Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah never bothered. I don't like how it looks and I've never been out and about and just HAD TO make an auction right at that very second.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Yep, used $700.00 of my $1200.00 Stimulus check to get it earlier this year. (Through wow tokens)

Cool mount model that includes a way overpriced feature...it's missing a no CD mail courier to be nearly worth the 5 million gold. I'll just wait until the free or significantly cheaper recolor is added in 10.0 (e.g. Legion Mad Merchant spider mount)

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    Yep, used $700.00 of my $1200.00 Stimulus check to get it earlier this year. (Through wow tokens)
    best post here so far. Keep up the good fight.