Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sheeeet I must have been doing it wrong.

Shoulda just killed those 2 to 4-man teams of max level gankers while I was leveling. And of course I must have chosen to engage in PvP with them, I guess I shouldn't have.

Thanks for the A1 advice there, bruh!
    Yea great advice there, kill whoever attacks you since killing a group, sometimes a raid of people who group up to hold dicks and go around ganking lowbies is easy on this game, guess everyone should just enable WM and wipe these big groups.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm gonna powerlevel through SL, I will do first zone or two WM off with a group, then go WM on for the rest. 30% is insane and right now on beta the main questline is not enough for you to hit 60. It actually leaves you around 58 (with a few side-qlines done too).

Also when I was 58 and finished the main questline in Revendreth (or almost, the last 2 quests require you to be lvl 60), I realised the Maldraxxus quests were grey. That said, WM on for PvE for the leveling could be worth it if you are fast enough to pass the masses, it could be terrible on endgame though, when everyone will be doing world stuff (as a solo Alliance player at least).
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2020-10-06 at 03:14 PM.

That's kind of the point. The xp boost isn't there to make it objectively the better option, it's to make up for all the times you'll get ganked and lose your time and buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Such a confusing post...
    Surely you see why it's nonsense that PvE rewards are behind a PvP setting? There's a reason you don't get arena rating from pet battles either, to use a more extreme example (and if that is not enough to illustrate the point then I am not sure there's any hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Surely you see why it's nonsense that PvE rewards are behind a PvP setting? There's a reason you don't get arena rating from pet battles either, to use a more extreme example (and if that is not enough to illustrate the point then I am not sure there's any hope).
    I dont see an issue with it at all, no. If it was BiS gear, then yeah, sure, there is a problem, but thats not even close to the case here. During the days of pvp power and resil etc, sure, would seem a bit off, but again, thats not what we are dealing with here.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'm up to 25 lvl 120's (17 ally, 8 horde), wm on for all of them since BfA hit. Very little downside, whole lotta upside.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

its only stressful if a video game presenting a shred of challenge once in a while is stressful for you

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Corpse runs are unbelievably fast.
    wait till u see shadowland, they are not short there.

@epigramx: yup leveling with wm on will be a waste in SL as there will be LOTS of ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    At first I was like omg why didn't I have this enabled before it gives all those abilities. And then I realized unless I'm in a group it will probably waste more time eventually. Yeah you may go faster at some rewards/quest rewards with it on but only one ganking that wastes 3-4 minutes of you life + the stress is not gonna be worth it for most players unless they are literally PvPers.

If you are alliance you turn it on during leveling and never go near horde. As soon as you hit max level you deactivate it again. As horde you let it on all the time.

I've had Warmode on (Ally) for the entire expansion only had problems with ganking the first 3 weeks when sharding was kinda weird armies of horde kept coming to the world quest i was waiting for so it was a really struggle at the start. Since then however i rarely but ever find myself in PvP unless its the zone for the CTA for the week obviously. I do enjoy some Wpvp though and i don't do WQ and chores with my pvegear (and pvespecc) on thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    wait till u see shadowland, they are not short there.
    So the place where the dead reside has the longest corpse runs.

Eh, I'll buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    More stuff and slap alliance around. Win-win.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It was worth it early BFA when we were on separate continents at first.

But i'll never forget my first fucking night of trying to world quest with it on. Just gangbang after gangbang after gangbang. No actual pvp, just imbalanced chaos.

It is in no world worth the abilities and the 10% if you're just trying to PvE and go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glabella View Post
    its only stressful if a video game presenting a shred of challenge once in a while is stressful for you
    The beautiful mind of a pvper. Thank god I can opt out of interacting with people like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    SL-...........No..............NO......all of us on the same map progression ala BC? Not happening for the paultry 10%....just no
    Can't emphasize this part more, as it's worse than most people probably realize. With the XP changes, even with WM everyone will need to do the side quests, as well (which are typically the "wait until <insert opposing faction> moves on while I do these quests">. Every questing area is going to be a high traffic area. Add on top there's a lot of quests with named mobs that are required for the quest, as well as extensive downtime due to RP or respawn timers. It's a recipe for PvP slaughtering just because you're waiting around for a few minutes for the NPC to respawn or stop talking, there are so many time bottlenecks that you cannot avoid.

What makes SL different from past expansions where the progression path was the same for Horde and Alliance is that there's no alternate starting zones to spread out. For example, Cataclysm had two starting zones that split people up, and Legion had 4 zones in which you could level (both of which didn't require side quests to get max level). Expansion like BC and MoP started in the same zones, but had different faction hubs and quests that were different but had factions encountering each other on occasion. SL is literally the exact same non-optional quests in the exact same order the entire campaign. While you might be able to diverge for some quest sections (such as Maldraxxus where you get 3 main objectives at 3 different hubs), both factions have to do the same thing still... and unless you're speed leveling and getting ahead of the pack, it'll be just as bad.

Furthermore, the zones don't scale to your level until you hit 60. This means if you try to skip side quests with the intent of doing them later for XP, they may be green/gray and yield next to nothing, making skipping ahead penalizing. Bunch of quests also have mob/drop rate issues where even as a solo player with no competition you may need to clear out all the mobs in the credit area to finish a quest, or the respawn rates are terrible. Even with 1-2 other players/groups competing for mobs, quest can easily take 5-10 times longer than if you were alone.

So yeah, WM is going to be a huge mess for SL unless Blizz super-restricts how many people can be in a shard to historically lower numbers than normal. Otherwise, you are going to find PvP guilds stationing at certain choke points (yes, there are many physical and artificial choke points) to grief the opposing faction to no end. Best part is a lot of these places you will not be able to fight back due to cut scenes or RP stunning or pacifying you... and sometimes dying in these makes you repeat the quest because you cannot get credit unless you live the entire duration.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-10-07 at 05:00 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I used to keep it on 24/7, but I started toggling it in 8.3. The bonus rewards are trivial for the most part, with the pvp talents being the real bonus that gets lost when I turn WM off, like instant void form for spriest. I'd rather hardcast void eruption than waste time corpse running though.
    I keep it on for clearing Zandalar, Kul Tiras, and Nazjatar of WQs. I go to Mechagon, pick up the 150 prototype parts quest, circle the island to complete it, then turn it off to complete Mechagon and for Uldum and Vale. The stress of getting ganked while fighting a rare with bazillions of life and losing out on the loot is worth absolutely nothing in Mechagon which has no WQs and the extra vision run you get every 30ish dailies is definitely not worth it for Uldum and Vale.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

At first I was like omg why didn't I have this enabled before it gives all those abilities. And then I realized unless I'm in a group it will probably waste more time eventually. Yeah you may go faster at some rewards/quest rewards with it on but only one ganking that wastes 3-4 minutes of you life + the stress is not gonna be worth it for most players unless they are literally PvPers.
    I don't participate in PVP in this game since WotLK, exactly due to my good visual class/spec choice being bad power choice. I should have chosen OP Paladin with 3 lives or DK, you know. Or at least more PVP-tolerable class, like Rogue. Some guys think, that your should do everything to win. Even sacrifice your preferences. I just can't do it. And if I don't do it - I gimp myself and let this guys humiliate me. Yeah, competition exists in PVE too and wrong power choices can also affect it. But at last this competition is passive. I.e. if you do easier content and boss still dies, then who cares about power imbalance? But in PVP if you're weak - then you lose. Therefore my WarMode is permanently off and I hate, when Blizzard try to trick (or even force) me into PVP.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

for me it depends on the character i'm playing as to whether i keep WM on or not. I enjoy WM on my DH but on my mage not quite so much, just as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The beautiful mind of a pvper. Thank god I can opt out of interacting with people like this.
    Yeah, I know, it's pretty fucked up to expect something more engaging from a game than pressing the same four keys in a loop to farm mobs.

But hey, if you like watching paint dry, I'm not judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Glabella View Post
    Yeah, I know, it's pretty fucked up to expect something more engaging from a game than pressing the same four keys in a loop to farm mobs.

But hey, if you like watching paint dry, I'm not judging.
    Maybe play a pvp game? Designed from the ground up to be a PvP game? Unlike current retail wow?

You trying to judge PvE players for playing a PvE game makes no sense.

Why not? It makes the world more interesting and if it gets annoying you can turn it off.
    Besides if your only goal is to finish stuff quickly Alt + F4 does the job way quicker
    It's worthwhile to turn it on for the occasional satisfying skirmish, and can be turned off quickly and easily in case things truly go south for you.

Oh and the pvp abilities are fun too, though you'll miss them in instanced pve content if you get used to them. :<
    The additional rewards are negligeble though if you're any good at the game, no need to do it for that.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-07 at 07:06 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.