Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unclear changes for previous content going into SL

Hey all. There isn't too much surface information on how a number of BfA content will work going into SL, and I would like to ask here for those in the know regarding some of BfA specific content - And a little bit with Legion content. Here goes.

Warfronts - What level range is needed to queue for Warfronts? Will normal Warfronts still require a full 20 man group? Has the lower limit on Heroic Warfronts been lowered or removed? Are the various Warfront contribution and completion quests still available?

Heart of Azeroth - Can you still earn Azerite and level up your neck in SL? Are ranks 1-3 essences still available to learn with TW via alts? Do Echoes of Nyalotha still drop from relevant BfA content, and can you still buy BoA rank 3 essences from Mother?

Island Expeditions - Currently, you can begin to run Island Expeditions as soon as you enter BfA. With BfA being available from lvl 10 in SL, can you queue for normal IEs at the start? Do Mythic Island Expeditions still require a premade group of 3 people, or can you enter them solo? Is the weekly quest with the treasure map still available in SL? Finally, are PvP Islands still available to queue for?

Battle for Nazjatar - With a previous change to Nazjatar, the Battle for Nazjatar only starts when a certain number of Horde and Alliance are in Najzatar. Has this change been reverted, or will the Battle for Nazjatar rarely happen going into SL? On the same vein, are the kill X number of Horde/Alliance quests in Y zone still available for minor honor rewards, akin to how old Wintergrasp and Tol Barad quests reward a minor amount of honor?

Legiondaries - With Legiondaries no longer having any effect regardless of level, and the Legiondary vendor being removed, are they still available via Legion content such as dungeons, raids, and emissaries? Is Wakening Essence still rewarded, or is it a completely defunct currency?

I appreciate any answers ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

good questions actually, been wondering about a few of those myself

I would like to know the answers for these questions too, so I will just bump this thread.

I know very little about any of these things, but you can test them all yourself on the PTR!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I know you can still level your neck and obtain essences after the patch and launch, they just wont work in SL zones (neck becomes just stats), so i would assume that entire system stays in place.

as far as legiondaries go, they dont work (afaik, i dont have nonmax toons) at any level, but can still be purchased at the vendor (on ptr)

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

As with others i really dont have an answer. My only real "concern" (if you want to call it that) is how well things will be adjusted with the removal of corruption etc. I do have faith that Blizzard are AWARE of the situation, and it really comes down to how they choose to proceed - one option would obviously be to simply nerf the raids into the ground - and in all honesty, i genuinely believe that is the best way to go. I mean no offense to those who did not complete the content on XYZ difficulty while it was current, but lets be honest - that ship has sailed.

Really hoping Islands are soloable at 60 (I mean they're soloable now, but you still have to queue with 2 other people), as doing that damn "Tell Me A Tale" achievement would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to do it with pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    As with others i really dont have an answer. My only real "concern" (if you want to call it that) is how well things will be adjusted with the removal of corruption etc. I do have faith that Blizzard are AWARE of the situation, and it really comes down to how they choose to proceed - one option would obviously be to simply nerf the raids into the ground - and in all honesty, i genuinely believe that is the best way to go. I mean no offense to those who did not complete the content on XYZ difficulty while it was current, but lets be honest - that ship has sailed.
    This is always the way to go. Everything from the 30% nerf TBC raids got in 3.0.2 to the nerfs HFC got in 7.0 just made those last few weeks before the new expansion launch just some of the most fun laid back farm raids imaginable for me. Antorus didn't really feel that way after 8.0 though, so I'm a tad concerned... We'll see, but hopefully they "over nerf" the content to make up for corruption & teething problems with the squish.

Legos and Azerite stuff will still work in Shadowlands, but not in the new zones of shadowlands. Corruption is the only thing being removed.

Battle for Nazjatar - as now will default to the PVE version when insufficient players are there.

So the answer pretty much will be - you level from 10 to 50 the same way you levelled from 110 to 120, just without any corruptions.

I imagine that also means that until you hit 120,your neck will only be rank 2 or 3 and you'll only have simple blue azerite items.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

How about invasions in uldum and vale of eternal blossoms? Lots of vanity stuff to gain there, is it going away?

Also, how about visions and heart chamber? will that go as well?

I can answer a couple of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Heart of Azeroth - Can you still earn Azerite and level up your neck in SL? Are ranks 1-3 essences still available to learn with TW via alts? Do Echoes of Nyalotha still drop from relevant BfA content, and can you still buy BoA rank 3 essences from Mother?
    You can still earn Azerite and level up your neck moving into Shadowlands. Essences can still be obtained too, some had their requirements changed to obtain, for example rank 1 Conflict and Strife is off a vendor for 250 Honor Points. MOTHER does not currently have a vendor tag from what I just checked for you, her only option is cleansing corruption oddly enough.

Do Mythic Island Expeditions still require a premade group of 3 people, or can you enter them solo? Is the weekly quest with the treasure map still available in SL? Finally, are PvP Islands still available to queue for?
    Mythic Islands still require a group of 3, PvP islands are still queable, but also require a group of 3. The weekly map is still available as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Mythic Islands still require a group of 3, PvP islands are still queable, but also require a group of 3. The weekly map is still available as well.
    Eek. Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully they address it when they get time.

sometimes they dont iterate on these things until one of the .5 patches for example the lfr people for solo wod lfr werent added until 6.2

so they probably wont get to letting you solo islands and stuff until midway

Not mentioned in the OP, but on the topic of BFA collectible farming post 9.0, I recently discovered that MOTHER no longer sells vessels of heroic visions for Echoes on PTR or beta. Most people won’t care, but I immediately cashed out my echoes into vessels because I don’t have the void edge illusion yet. I’ve got a couple months worth of vessels clogging up my bank (they don’t stack) but at least I can just park my BFA main in the chamber of heart for vision of Stormwind weeks and not have to worry about coalescing visions for a while hehe.

Eek, if PvP IE still require 3 people on each side I expect it to have dead queues in SL, so if anyone still needs/wants IE meta Achievement, it's probably now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Not mentioned in the OP, but on the topic of BFA collectible farming post 9.0, I recently discovered that MOTHER no longer sells vessels of heroic visions for Echoes on PTR or beta. Most people won’t care, but I immediately cashed out my echoes into vessels because I don’t have the void edge illusion yet. I’ve got a couple months worth of vessels clogging up my bank (they don’t stack) but at least I can just park my BFA main in the chamber of heart for vision of Stormwind weeks and not have to worry about coalescing visions for a while hehe.
    This is a really nice point to make. MOTHER doesn't seem to sell anything on beta, so highly suggest emptying echoes out for the vessels now before it's too late.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    snip
    so I haven't played the beta but I am basing my answers on educated guesswork:

Warfronts - I would say level 50 is required to queue, at level 60 you should be able to solo queue. Basing my answer off the old MoP scenarios and the Legion Broken Shore scenario - if you do them now at max level they are absolutely trivial as they only scale to the max level of that expansion. Yes the contribution quests will still be available (probably) but even if you do nothing they will probably make it auto complete

HoA - yes, you can do all of those things. they were very explicit in saying the HoA will not work in the Shadowlands but it should work on Azeroth just fine and will absolutely be the go to item for Timewalking BC - BfA. as for the essences they haven't said they will be removed so you can still buy them from Mother and as such echoes of nyalotha will still drop as they are needed to buy them. I am hoping they make all the essences from Mother BoA as I have echoes on my main that I have no use for now.

IE's - probably yes, if you can level up via Islands now I don't see why you wouldn't be able to in BfA. the queue timers might be a bit iffy though. if you do them at max level then I am assuming they will scale to the max level of the expansion (see Warfronts above).

Battle for Nazjatar - this one is tricky. I imagine they would treat it the same way they do Tol Dagor and just have the event every few hours, you go in and capture the zone and then you get the rewards. don't take my word as gospel on that one

Legiondaries - I know some of the Legion powers are being used for Shadowlands legendaries and have had their effects disabled. again this is a tricky one because currently you can use them from level 101 to 115. I think, and I hope they do this, is that they make all Legion legendaries work from level 10 to 50 however only if you're in Chromie Time. if you're outside of Chromie Time (timewalking, SL content) then they don't work anymore. that is just a very hopeful guess though, if that's not the case then yeah they are basically stat sticks at this point. as for the currency it will still drop so people can collect them for transmog I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    highly suggest emptying echoes out for the vessels now before it's too late.
    I'd second that suggestion.

This would be relevant for anyone wanting the Void Edge illusion, the Mail Muncher, or any of the void scarred pets... at least, anyway. I don't know the full list, unless that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I'd second that suggestion.

This would be relevant for anyone wanting the Void Edge illusion, the Mail Muncher, or any of the void scarred pets... at least, anyway. I don't know the full list, unless that's it.
    Also anything from the Wrathion vendor, mount specifically that costs 100k.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Don't hold your breath
    I'm not. I fully expect it to happen in a (much) later patch, but I'm not one of those people whose primary concern about the new expansion is how it affects farming in the old expansion It'll just be a nice thing to spend an hour tryna solo in a year or two, that's all.