Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No but you are encouraging people to leave. That is bad for the game.You should not be encouraging people to leave or say the game is better off without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Then take away those things due to the refund. Problem solved.
    I mean, they did. I'm just saying from my personal opinion if you are pre-ordering for those things, then you shouldn't be able to get the refund. You got the items you wanted, you probably took time enjoying them, so you should be stuck with what you got. Just my personal opinion. Also, just don't pre-order if you are the type of person to refund if it gets delayed. Seems logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Its obvious you're a neckbeard living in your moms basement, but the sad truth is real adults have jobs that sometimes unfortunately dictates your ability to play video games.
    Sorry, are you pretending that you're not just going to buy it later? I imagine less than a day later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I mean, they did. I'm just saying from my personal opinion if you are pre-ordering for those things, then you shouldn't be able to get the refund. You got the items you wanted, you probably took time enjoying them, so you should be stuck with what you got. Just my personal opinion. Also, just don't pre-order if you are the type of person to refund if it gets delayed. Seems logical to me.
    I personally agree with this, but yes, very much just my opinion. Given how common delays are in the gaming industry, ESPECIALLY at the moment, i think all dates should be treated as an estimate at best.

But you are applauding them for being bad at their job. IF they were good at their job, the game would be on time. I am not going to applaud them for that.
    You might have noticed that this year was not exactly normal for most people of working age. Small complications like a world-wide pandemic and such.

Blizzards staff was forced to restructure their entire operation to do things from home, which definately caused lots of issues, even if we do not hear about them. So your comment is ridiculous.
    The opposite is much more true, Blizzard is so good at their job that they only needed a few more month to develop this new expansion, despite the problems.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But you are applauding them for being bad at their job.
    No I am not. Stop strawmanning.

IF they were good at their job, the game would be on time.
    I already told you why this is a false assertion.

ANd who are you to tell others what they should or should not do?
    That's not what I did. Not in the slightest.

The only way Blizzard is held accountable is by not spending money on them. Costing them money is how you get them to be better at their jobs if they don't want to be fired.
    You're (falsely) asserting that their decision to hold off on the release is something that they deserve to be punished for. If anything, this decision is the right one, and something they should be applauded.

I am not advocating giving them extra rewards, but certainly choosing to not get a refund, and give them chance to deliver is warranted.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-10-07 at 07:25 AM.

So let me get this straight.

Last times, Blizzard didnt listen to people and released a unfinished product ergo massive backlash and complaining...

Now they actually listened to people and made the hard choice to delay a product so that WE as fans/players could play a finished product and now massive backlash and refunds???

Is there even an option for them to not get backlash?

I for one loved the fact that they actually delayed a game that wasnt finished... just what Blizzard would do back in the day to create a good game and not just a money grabbing game...

Got my refund, my friend gifted me the base $40 version. My sub was ending in a few days. Heard about the delay. Wasn't really hyped for shadowlands anyway but my friend bought it. All things lead up to a sign for me to quit for good and skip this expansion. BFA left a bad taste in my heart and mouth for WoW going forward. So it felt like a fitting end. They granted my refund request and my friend got his $40 back. I then swiftly uninstalled and will watch other people stream it on twitch and play cyberpunk 2077 instead. Shackles are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Shackles are broken.
    See you in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Piertje1984 View Post

Last times, Blizzard didnt listen to people and released a unfinished product ergo massive backlash and complaining...

Now they actually listened to people and made the hard choice to delay a product so that WE as fans/players could play a finished product and now massive backlash and refunds???

I for one loved the fact that they actually delayed a game that wasnt finished... just what Blizzard would do back in the day to create a good game and not just a money grabbing game...
    nah they will always get shit for any choice

my favorite is a post on the wow forums saying the delay is for streamers and another saying that dreamhaven will destroy blizzard because of these choices and dreamhaven will be better because old blizzard devs.

1. all beta testers agree the game isnt done
    2. old blizzard would have made the same decision

- - - Updated - - -

No but you are encouraging people to leave. That is bad for the game.You should not be encouraging people to leave or say the game is better off without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Then take away those things due to the refund. Problem solved.
    some people should leave

like the guys that get beta and sit in the test chat asking what the best covenant and spec are....the point is to test stuff not just get the answer then never log onto beta

the guys that go into raids or dungeons overgeared but refuse to learn like if you tell them that as a tank they need to mark skitra and they refuse because aggro tables

the guys that complain about a delay because they want a broken release where half the content wouldnt be playable

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't need a refund. Because I didn't pre-order.

Who the fuck pre-orders digital items? Are you afraid they'll run out?
    Showing the support for the company? Bonus/early stuff which you get? It's quite hard to comprehend how can you be so "logic seeking" and have so shallow understanding. OR you are just bitter for some reason and want to call someone out. "Lol who tf sill uses/buys/attends x/y/z"

why would you want a refund? if you are dedicated enough to pre order on day one you will still buy the game when it releases even if you refunded your pre order.

also in the future blizzard should add a NO REFUNDS notice that you have to accept before you pre order.

yeah I got a refund, this is ridiculous

BFA is terrible and SL isn't looking any better, the delay was the nail in the coffin

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone been rejected a refund or what's this thread about?
    Of cource they will refund an item you have yet to recieve or used.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks View Post
    why would you want a refund? if you are dedicated enough to pre order on day one you will still buy the game when it releases even if you refunded your pre order.

also in the future blizzard should add a NO REFUNDS notice that you have to accept before you pre order.
    That's just silly.
    Pre-ordering is stupid. No refunds is also stupid.
    Just leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Piertje1984 View Post

There is no massive backlash here. ASking for refunds does not = backlash. It is simply people wanting their money back because they want to spend it on something they can use now since Shadowlands is delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks View Post
    Because you likely want to spend money on something you can actually use or play now since you obviously can't play Shadowlands now.

Things are fine as is. Refusing to give refunds is a terrible way to do business.

There is no massive backlash here. ASking for refunds does not = backlash. It is simply people wanting their money back because they want to spend it on something they can use now since Shadowlands is delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you likely want to spend money on something you can actually use or play now since you obviously can't play Shadowlands now.

Things are fine as is. Refusing to give refunds is a terrible way to do business.
    Pre-order does NOT = "can play now" so those individuals should NEVER have pre-ordered in the first place, if their priority is to receive the product immediately.

what is worst is that all those people who buyed the game in preorder, did it when there was no date announced and suddenly because they delayed the game, they want a refund because the 27 october date is delayed for the good reasons

so what they will say to ask a refund ?

"im sorry ! but i want a refund on this preorder i did even if i did'nt knew what the date was in advance, thx "

haha omg

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    what is worst is that all those people who buyed the game in preorder, did it when there was no date announced and suddenly because they delayed the game, they want a refund because the 27 october date is delayed for the good reasons

so what they will say to ask a refund ?

"im sorry ! but i want a refund on this preorder i did even if i did'nt knew what the date was in advance, thx "

haha omg
    refund is automated, nobody asks anything