Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripe View Post
    I just saw that Warcraft 2 might be in the works?

"Legendary Pictures already has the next entry in development, according to Daniel Ritchman. Not only that, but casting seems to have already begun to take place as actors and directors have been reportedly eyed."
    source: https://movieweb.com/warcraft-2-plans-legendary/

I sincerely hope this is true, although not sure about Chris Pratt playing the lead role?
    I am mildly hype.
    Can't go wrong with that crispy rodent as an actor either, he was awesome in guardians of the galaxy and that might just be exactly the sort of semi-seriousness a franchise like Warcraft needs.

Warcraft movie should just be about Arthas. They already tried to do an Alliance vs Horde movie in the First War and it was a complete disaster.

I keep saying to myself that Warcraft is dead. The story began going downhill after the end of MoP, and the first Warcraft movie was sort of meh, but this news just gets me tingling. Probably my nostalgia.

I wonder if it will be a proper conclusion to the first movie, depicting the second war (and perhaps Beyond the Dark Portal?). Or if they will just jump straight to WC3. Or if it will be an original story.

I just saw that Warcraft 2 might be in the works?

"Legendary Pictures already has the next entry in development, according to Daniel Ritchman. Not only that, but casting seems to have already begun to take place as actors and directors have been reportedly eyed."
    source: https://movieweb.com/warcraft-2-plans-legendary/

I sincerely hope this is true, although not sure about Chris Pratt playing the lead role?
    Why would it need to be recast if it's a continuation of the story? This has to be a different story line, which is good, because 1 movie wasn't enough to do the story they tried, and quite frankly the story of the "Horde" going from genocidal maniacs to genocidal maniacs with thrall in charge isn't very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It must have Pandas in it - if possible at least one voiced by Jack Black.
    Jack Black as Chen Stormstout?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I am mildly hype.
    Can't go wrong with that crispy rodent as an actor either, he was awesome in guardians of the galaxy and that might just be exactly the sort of semi-seriousness a franchise like Warcraft needs.
    Chris Pratt in lead role? I dunno what story this would be then, could you see him going down the dark arthas path?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Henry Cavill as Arthas must happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post

Yeah sure why not!

If it does happen, I doubt it'll be the Arthas Story. You HAVE to sell it to China and all of that undeath/Necromancy/Skellington bones won't fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It must have Pandas in it - if possible at least one voiced by Jack Black.
    You mean Jim Cummings. Lorewalker Cho is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    warcraft movie pathetique....please.dont do warcraft2.....better,bring more hero classes to the game,wake up blizzard!...
    Dumbest comment I've read all week, and I have little interest in the Warcraft movies either.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Rebooting with a different storyline?

Hopefully they reboot it with the proper existing storyline and better acting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Henry Cavill as Arthas must happen.
    The problem here is that Henry Cavil is a world-class actor and I doubt they have world-class actor writers or money to offer him

3+ Year Old Account
    I would literally donate money to fund this storyline although I doubt they need any funding. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the cinema boom that will be coming when movie theatres open back up post covid
    you should donate here instead:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...s-demo.327574/
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    The problem here is that Henry Cavil is a world-class actor and I doubt they have world-class actor writers or money to offer him
    He's also a huge Warcraft fan and WoW player, so I don't think he'd care what they paid him.

True, Medivh should have been one of the most high profile roles they ever cast in the first movie, and instead, we get Ben Foster, from such hit roles as "that gamer guy that might be a crackhead in Punisher" and a very poor Angel in X-Men: The Last Stand. Given how poorly the first Warcraft movie did, I don't see the second or reboot getting a bigger budget, either.

Hopefully they reboot it with the proper existing storyline and better acting.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that Chris Pratt is like one of the highest paid male actor atm so not sure about that argument against Cavill.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were going to do another one, I would want to see either Arthas's or Garrosh's storylines. The first one was horrific imo, I hope it's all new people working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Why would it need to be recast if it's a continuation of the story? This has to be a different story line, which is good, because 1 movie wasn't enough to do the story they tried, and quite frankly the story of the "Horde" going from genocidal maniacs to genocidal maniacs with thrall in charge isn't very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Pratt in lead role? I dunno what story this would be then, could you see him going down the dark arthas path?
    I'd sooner see him play Jaina lol.
    But more seriously: He could be anything from a Muradin to an Uther and plenty of other options in the WoW-universe.
    If they're going founding-of-Durotar or something i could see him be anything from a Cairne to a Sen'jin to a Rokhan or nondescript character that he can bring to life to his own taste.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Last time there were rumors for a WoW movie it took like over a decade for it to actually happen.
    So you're saying there's a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    True, Medivh should have been one of the most high profile roles they ever cast in the first movie, and instead, we get Ben Foster, from such hit roles as "that gamer guy that might be a crackhead in Punisher" and a very poor Angel in X-Men: The Last Stand. Given how poorly the first Warcraft movie did, I don't see the second or reboot getting a bigger budget, either.
    You can certainly cherry pick Foster’s earliest and lesser known roles if you like but he’s a far more respected actor than Cavill. I like Henry Cavill, he seems like a pretty chill guy, but let’s be honest his two breakthrough roles (Immortals, which was terrible, and MOS) focused a lot more on his physique than his acting chops. It really didn’t matter who they cast as Medhiv because it was a shit script with nothing for a good actor to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You can certainly cherry pick Foster’s earliest and lesser known roles if you like but he’s a far more respected actor than Cavill. I like Henry Cavill, he seems like a pretty chill guy, but let’s be honest his two breakthrough roles (Immortals, which was terrible, and MOS) focused a lot more on his physique than his acting chops. It really didn’t matter who they cast as Medhiv because it was a shit script with nothing for a good actor to work with.
    Ben Foster is a more respectable actor? Why? Because he has more roles under his belt? I mean sure, he does, but when has he been a leading man ever in his career, or been touted for a performance? Sure, Cavill is notoriously wooden in his performances and nothing to write home about, and true, his fame is likely predominantly due to his physique, but at least he's become a leading man and his performances have been no worse than Ben Foster's acting.

I mean new director and script writers maybe... blizz doesn't have the story telling chops for movie scripts though.