Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's a Sinstone of a Night Elf in Revendreth.....who died in the Fourth War.....which should be impossible if all Souls are going to the Maw. Is this an oversight or intentional?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Faedra_Ambershade_(sinstone)
    Maybe "all" was an overstatement, just like a vacuum cleaner doesn't necessarily suck up literally all the dust even if apparantly true claims are made otherwise.
    Besides it seems like she was fat with anima, so maybe someone paid special attention that she got to where she should be (a bit like Bwonsamdi does with trolls).

Edit: Seems they changed it to the war of the shifting sands, because apparantly no exception was made for this particular elf, validating yout points. ^^
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-07 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There's a Sinstone of a Night Elf in Revendreth.....who died in the Fourth War.....which should be impossible if all Souls are going to the Maw. Is this an oversight or intentional?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Faedra_Ambershade_(sinstone)
    That Sinstone got updated in a recent patch, and now Faedra apparently died in the War of the Shifting Sands:
    Faedra lived and died a hero of the Shifting Sands.

Every time her name was spoken, it was lauded with the greatest of reverence to her bravery, her resolve, and the many lives she saved while the war against the qiraji raged on in the deserts of Silithus.

And yet envy colored her actions. She picked and chose who would live and who would die based solely on her favoritism. And the voices of those she left behind for their petty rivalries would remain forever silenced.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    about the case of Antonidas, he was stabbed by the Frostmourne and he didn't get sucked in? and he didn't get in the Shadowlands either? he just stayed as a ghost in Dalaran
    Pretty sure his Mage powers provided ghost projections still. Similar to how Medivh has spirit projections in Karazhan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That Sinstone got updated in a recent patch, and now Faedra apparently died in the War of the Shifting Sands:
    That makes so much more sense, especially considering there were a LOT of Night Elf casualties in that war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Maybe "all" was an overstatement, just like a vacuum cleaner doesn't necessarily suck up literally all the dust even if apparantly true claims are made otherwise.
    Besides it seems like she was fat with anima, so maybe someone paid special attention that she got to where she should be (a bit like Bwonsamdi does with trolls).

Edit: Seems they changed it to the war of the shifting sands, because apparantly no exception was made for this particular elf, validating yout points. ^^
    Nah. All Souls are sent to the Maw now. They gotta make the Jailer and Sylvanas stronger than Sargeras some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Here's a smoking hot take:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Jailer chose to make his bid when he did. Though the Shadowlands isn't really under his control yet, which means one could say it is too early to start attacking realspace (see: WoD...) I think he just secured a big advantage that he deemed enough to have Sylvanas break open the veil and set the plot of SL in motion.

Namely, N'zoth. N'zoth, and his presumably immensely powerful soul, going to the Maw.

Think about it. As the mantid sinstone shows, there's nothing inherently preventing the servants of the Void from ending up in SL upon death. We know that powerful Void entities such as Il'gynoth have gone to Ny'alotha instead... But now we've destroyed it!

Of course, the boring option is just that he went into the Void instead, back to his void lord masters. But I think the timing of this makes a lot of sense, and it also explains why Sylvanas would want to help in both N'zoth's release and destruction by helping Azshara.
    N'zoth is in the void. We know this because after his defeat Alleria says there are more voices in the whispers she hears.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

"I don't think it's a coincidence that the Jailer chose to make his bid when he did. Though the Shadowlands isn't really under his control yet, which means one could say it is too early to start attacking realspace (see: WoD...) I think he just secured a big advantage that he deemed enough to have Sylvanas break open the veil and set the plot of SL in motion." He probably chose to attack now, because:

A. The Legion is gone.

B. The LK is active, therefore making the plan borne fruit.

And C. The Old Gods are all gone from Azeroth (at the moment).

There was literally nothing that could stop him. Every cosmic force was weakened or dismantled, which gave him the perfect chance to strike.

I find this little lore info too funny.
    Lucy was sent to Revendreth, as all cats are, and somehow escaped. When questioned, local dredgers blamed it on her being a cat.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Lucy was sent to Revendreth, as all cats are, and somehow escaped. When questioned, local dredgers blamed it on her being a cat.
    All cats are cunts confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I find this little lore info too funny.
    Cats go wherever they want, whenever they want - celestial and incarnate law is no consequence to beings such as they, and no plane of banishment or purgatory can hold the spirit of a recalcitrant feline.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    xera has a new lightbound army in au draenor
    yeah, but that army, while surely impressive, is nothing on a celestial level. like the legion or the jailers mawsworn forces (as they are confirmed to be somewhat on legion level). its like comparing the iron horde with the legion
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have tried my hardest to stay away from lore in SL in order to keep as much of it as fresh as possible, but I am wondering about the tiny hints I've read about the flow of time being different in there than back on Azeroth. Not looking for any details but is this covered at all anywhere in the expansion so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I have tried my hardest to stay away from lore in SL in order to keep as much of it as fresh as possible, but I am wondering about the tiny hints I've read about the flow of time being different in there than back on Azeroth. Not looking for any details but is this covered at all anywhere in the expansion so far?
    Short Answer: No.
    Long Answer: There isn't any explicit mention of time behaving differently in the Shadowlands as a whole but there's some mention that the people who got stuck in the Maw feel like they've been there much longer than they have.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Cats go wherever they want, whenever they want - celestial and incarnate law is no consequence to beings such as they, and no plane of banishment or purgatory can hold the spirit of a recalcitrant feline.
    I believe you meant to say "purrgatory".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I believe you meant to say "purrgatory".
    Ah yes, mea culpa. Purrgatory it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    From the art book in the collector's edition.

As expected, the Jailer did send the Val'kyr ...

- - - Updated - - -

https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...ition-art-book

A few new tidbits, including the true purpose of the helm of domination:

The veil between realms wanes. The Helm of Domination was crafted to be our way forward; instead, the one seared by the flames of life uses it to keep us at bay.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Ah man, if there ever was truly any doubt that SL is all about "old things but better and bigger" its now erased.

the LK is literally called the "false king" in comparison the the "real king" aka the Jailer

the first ones apparently "shaped the cosmos", just like the titans did before chronicles re-defined them

the jailer is out for the soul of azeroth, like sargeras was

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

The Light Lords and Void Lords are so much stronger than even the first ones. Make no mistake, these fools only shaped the cosmos. It was the Light and Void clashing against each others that created said cosmos. Indeed, the first ones, in their wisdom, understood that they needed to protect the Shadowlands from what was beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Remember, destroying worlds worth of people can still get you repentance, but not designing a large bomb. Unless you also screwed with another cosmic power then you might earn redemption. If you get tricked by a dreadlord, you're being tortured by vampires until they beat the retardation out of you, but if you work with the Burning Legion to destroy the universe, you're basically okay and can go to Maldraxxus right away as a tireless defender of the living.

The Arbiter's decision-making is wild. It's a shame it's entirely unintentional because the process being bullshit and decided by whether the Arbiter likes the group you're fucking over in life or not would be great if done on purpose and is still funny as is.
    Amazing how Warcraft's afterlife works just like real life human justice systems and corporate worlds. There's no tried and true formula, it's just an individual or group's whims at any given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Ah man, if there ever was truly any doubt that SL is all about "old things but better and bigger" its now erased.

the LK is literally called the "false king" in comparison the the "real king" aka the Jailer

the first ones apparently "shaped the cosmos", just like the titans did before chronicles re-defined them

the jailer is out for the soul of azeroth, like sargeras was
    Lich King referred to as a False King actually sounds kind of cool, I can accept that. There being other beings who shaped the cosmos before the Titans is horse shit, though. That's too big a retcon to swallow, considering Titan lore was literally first written as recently as Vanilla WoW. The first time I even heard of Titans was after clearing Uldaman when they were referred to as "creators" to Brann (I think it was?) when we complete the discs quest. Subsequently, every dungeon or raid featuring Titan lore referred to them as creators, makers, and architects, now we have this generic ass "first ones?" Sigh. They've barely even fully fleshed out the Titan characters besides Sargeras, and they're already getting replaced in the story as their role as creators.

Jailer being out for Azeroth's soul is cool too, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    As expected, the Jailer did send the Val'kyr ...

- - - Updated - - -

https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...ition-art-book

A few new tidbits, including the true purpose of the helm of domination:
    That's... kind of cool, they essentially gave Kil'Jaeden their ace in the hole to reach into the realm of the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Light Lords and Void Lords are so much stronger than even the first ones. Make no mistake, these fools only shaped the cosmos. It was the Light and Void clashing against each others that created said cosmos. Indeed, the first ones, in their wisdom, understood that they needed to protect the Shadowlands from what was beyond.
    the roleplaying is getting out of hand.
    on a serious note, very questionable, considering the void lords are "envious" of the titans power and unable to corrupt them. and just bc its said in chronicles that the clash of light and void created the universe doesnt make it so.
    everything in chronicles can be retconned now, bc it was only from the titans point of fckng view. blizz can spin this however they want, and they can endlessly add new, bigger beings.
    be prepared for the "before ones" in 5y from now, who created the first ones.
    and in 10y, well face the mighty "beyond ones" who in turn created the before ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    the roleplaying is getting out of hand.
    on a serious note, very questionable, considering the void lords are "envious" of the titans power and unable to corrupt them. and just bc its said in chronicles that the clash of light and void created the universe doesnt make it so.
    everything in chronicles can be retconned now, bc it was only from the titans point of fckng view. blizz can spin this however they want, and they can endlessly add new, bigger beings.
    be prepared for the "before ones" in 5y from now, who created the first ones.
    and in 10y, well face the mighty "beyond ones" who in turn created the before ones.
    And nevertheless, the Titans believed that only Azeroth could defeat the Void Lords, and Blizzard once said (I do not remember who exactly, but this was an interview from the Bfa times) that we cannot defeat the Titan and we cannot even imagine the power of the Void Lord.

7+ Year Old Account
    please no more female lore character deaths we need more of them not less.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396