Poll: New Shadowlands release date?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    November 9. It was originally going to release on a Monday, so I would guess it still will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    November 9. It was originally going to release on a Monday, so I would guess it still will.
    why would they even delay for just 2 extra weeks, makes no sense

I'd say 1st-2nd week of December for release.

Raid tier first or 2nd week of January.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

15+ Year Old Account
    With the recent announcement of phase 6 of Classic going onto PTR, I think the delay of SL means they will try to get Naxx and phase 6 out on Classic before SL release.
    My guess is Naxx mid November and then SL on the week of Nov 30th - Dec 4th, or Dec 7th - Dec 11th. Depends how close to the Winter holidays they want to go.
    Regardless of Dec 1st or 8th, Castle Nathria for Normal/Heroic modes will prolly open on Jan 5th 2021.

Also if you look at the past, Cataclysm prepatch was released on Oct 12th 2010 and the expansion released Dec 7th 2010.
    --- https://www.youtube.com/citanoo
    --- http://www.twitch.tv/Citano
    * Former retail raider of <Pacifism>, <Forte> and <Envy>
    * Part of classic guild <APES> from day 1

Voted delayed again till 2021, but personally hope that is not the case, but then again, releasing just before Christmas seems like a suicide scenario, poor devs & support. :/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And yesterday in the developer update for October they replaced later this year with when the time comes which implies they would delay it until 2021 if they deem it necessary.
    It doesn't matter what they say now. SL is already delayed, even if they put exact date we can't be sure until like 2-3 weeks before (and with stable situation in Beta).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It doesn't matter what they say now. SL is already delayed, even if they put exact date we can't be sure until like 2-3 weeks before (and with stable situation in Beta).
    Yeah, I just wanted to point out that as unlikely a delay was seen by most players a weeg ago, it happened. So even a release in 2021, as unlikely as it might seem, could still be on the table. That's why their wording when the time comes struck me a bit.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Early to mid Jan. Cyberpunk 2077 launches(hopefully) Nov 19. No way in hell they launch near that date . With all the work they have to do to make this expansion look good and not another cluster fuck, they will need till Jan . Too many still have to work at home. Even then I dont expect much in the way of quality. Blizzard simply doesnt have that any more. I would not be surprised if we dont see it till FEB, Highly doubt that but still....
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Those of you making wild 2021 predictions should note that a prepatch has never lasted more than 8 weeks. So if this record is not to be broken, the xpac will launch no later than December 7th PST. Even if the 2 week window from launch to raid is maintained, that puts the start of the world first race on December 29th, after Christmas and avoiding the worst time for holiday activities.

A release even on the first monday in January, January 4th, would result in a completely unprecedented and ridiculous twelve week prepatch.

You guys gotta keep in mind that they won't release a raid and especially an xpac while they aren't at the office. They typically take a break from mid-December to mid-January

Voting Nov 24th just because my healer friend wants it then so she can be Adult responsibility free till 1st of the year lol
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Those of you making wild 2021 predictions should note that a prepatch has never lasted more than 8 weeks. So if this record is not to be broken, the xpac will launch no later than December 7th PST. Even if the 2 week window from launch to raid is maintained, that puts the start of the world first race on December 29th, after Christmas and avoiding the worst time for holiday activities.

A release even on the first monday in January, January 4th, would result in a completely unprecedented and ridiculous twelve week prepatch.
    You forget what year it is? Most people at Blizzard are working from home. They havent delayed a expansion since TBC , Then you have the Pandemic, bad economy now, California being California, and on top of all that, the reports of the very low morale at Blizzard . They can not afford another BFA . They have to get this right . If not then Blizzard is pretty much done for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    You guys gotta keep in mind that they won't release a raid and especially an xpac while they aren't at the office. They typically take a break from mid-December to mid-January
    MOst employees are not in the office anymore . They have been working from home for months

10+ Year Old Account
    Early December. I feel like if the delay was only 2 or 3 weeks, they would have said as much. The fact that they specifically stated 'until later in the year' implies a non-insignificant amount of time, IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would guess an extra couple of months, but I think they are pushing for 1 month and no more than 1.

Just a blind guess - 8th of December.

Who really knows in the end though
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    MOst employees are not in the office anymore . They have been working from home for months
    There's still this thing called vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's still this thing called vacation.
    Depends, did they have to use PTO to make up for lost work ? Not many places to go For vacation around California with the restrictions still pretty heavy there. Many companies made you use your Vacation days first if you didnt work. Vacation is not going to be much of a factor for this as in years past

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Depends, did they have to use PTO to make up for lost work ? Not many places to go For vacation around California with the restrictions still pretty heavy there. Many companies made you use your Vacation days first if you didnt work. Vacation is not going to be much of a factor for this as in years past
    Blizzard never had a lost work period, they just moved everyone to WFH, I'd been money they still do their usual breaks around christmas and new years.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    with the transfer services rebate ending nov 15 the next rumour is nov17.
    which is by chance also the "anniversary of wow" event

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    with the transfer services rebate ending nov 15 the next rumour is nov17.
    which is by chance also the "anniversary of wow" event
    And on top of that it‘s:

- 7 days after Xbox Series X release
    - 7 days after AC Valhalla release
    - 5 days after PS5 release
    - 5 days after Demon‘s Souls release
    - 2 days before Cyberpunk 2077 release
    - only 3 weeks later than their initial release date

Granted, pre patch would have had a 5 week run and the anniversary is a neat thing, but the 17th would basically be the worst possible date for the Shadowlands release. It’s the busiest week(s) in video gaming.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again