Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Personally I wish it worked more like the Heart of Azeroth (changes when you change spec), and less like Azerite Armour (doesn’t change). I thought we’d been through this design learning curve once already.

The main disadvantage of BfA is the restriction to changing spec. It is too much hassle to change your chest/shoulder/helm/trinkets/weapon everytime you switch spec, and research which azerite traits to use. It felt like a step back where I would need to carry multiple suits of gear for each spec.

So I’m a Guardian Druid, I just only play as that spec because there’s too much inventor to required to play the other specs even halfway decently.

Hopefully the conduit bonuses are not as spec specific as the azerite armour ones?

Sometimes I wonder how the game would feel like without this many restrictions. If it would let you do whatever combination you want at any point, and just let your skill matter.

Oh wait. Sounds like some expansions ago. A mystery how it managed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the new change to the Conduit system. It's better than nothing, so good job Blizz. But to be honest, it's basically going to function like Azerite Reforging in BFA just with a literal hard-cap.

I still think it's unnecessary to put a limit on the conduit system, but it's definitely than the "old" weekly reset.
    It doesn't seem that way to me at all, for one it recharges on its own so it's much more friendly for people who don't farm their ass off and a hard cap makes sure people will not be forced to stockpile or farm like crazy.
    I like it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how the game would feel like without this many restrictions. If it would let you do whatever combination you want at any point, and just let your skill matter.

Yeah I dont think its the same Blizzard now as it was back then, with the direction they are going with now.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I can guarantee you that will not happen for a majority of players and it’s also garbage design

I am probably going to stick with venthyr on all of my monk specs since the soulbinds it gives work way better than the others though Kyrian might be the better choice for tank
    There is a reason why sites like icey viens have million of views. The majority of players won't actively handicap themselves in a game. It's been proven from vanilla to current.

I dont understand conduits at all. I used the same conduit for different soulbinds ??? that must be a bug right?

That never was a reality. If you wanted to respec every day in vanilla, you had to grind gold like there's no tomorrow.

The actual mechanics change every expansion, but if you want peak performance in every aspect, you need to put in more work then the average forum dwelling scrub.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I wish they made different "profiles" for each spec, so you don't have to change everytime you switch spec, thus wasting charges.
    I wish they had left covenants and conduits alone so the choices between them actually meant something. They gave in though unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Yeah I dont think its the same Blizzard now as it was back then, with the direction they are going with now.
    Yeah, that blizzard stopped being a thing a couple years before activision got involves. And it’s been all [no] hill since.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    That never was a reality. If you wanted to respec every day in vanilla, you had to grind gold like there's no tomorrow.

The actual mechanics change every expansion, but if you want peak performance in every aspect, you need to put in more work then the average forum dwelling scrub.
    It was a reality in Wotlk, Cata, MoP and WoD.

It was a reality in Wotlk, Cata, MoP and WoD.
    There was more work to be had then one press of a button, no matter the expansion.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    And why is this good design?
    The idea is... Your choices matter.. You have to pick one thing and give up slightly on something else... If you are a good enough player, you can still beat all content(nothing changes)...It is just a small bit of making one content easier for you

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    While you think so, I hard disagree. I think this is fine, if you need to make more than 7 changes a week you need to either allocate your time better (aka do mythic+ after/before raids) or not try to min-max every single little thing you do.
    Why he should not to try min-max every single little thing he do? You dont want him or think he should not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    The idea is... Your choices matter.. You have to pick one thing and give up slightly on something else... If you are a good enough player, you can still beat all content(nothing changes)...It is just a small bit of making one content easier for you
    Some combinations need literally be on ress sickness to be comparable to others. It is not "small bit".

And please, you dont make any choice. You make a decision, either good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Why he should not to try min-max every single little thing he do? You dont want him or think he should not?

- - - Updated - - -
    If I care about raiding the most and I pick the choice that is best for raiding vs the choice that's best for 5 man's/mythic or best for world quests then I would still be min-maxing my character if I picked the covenant best for raiding based on how I prefer to play. Sure I take a hit to 5 man performance but I'm maximizing my overall performance for the content that matters most to me. Your issue isn't that people can't min-max if they want to it's that you want to have all max and no min for all content areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

Some combinations need literally be on ress sickness to be comparable to others. It is not "small bit".

And please, you dont make any choice. You make a decision, either good or bad.

A decision and a choice are quite literally synonyms.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/decision?s=t

So thanks for agreeing with him I guess? You not liking the things to choose from or decide between, or one option being significantly better than the rest, doesn't mean it's still not a choice or decision. Both parts of your post make me question if you know what words mean. Keep I'm mind I'm not saying you have to like the choices being presented to you but they are but literal fucking definition choices. And decision/s.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-10-07 at 10:32 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    If I care about raiding the most and I pick the choice that is best for raiding vs the choice that's best for 5 man's/mythic or best for world quests then I would still be min-maxing my character if I picked the covenant best for raiding based on how I prefer to play. Sure I take a hit to 5 man performance but I'm maximizing my overall performance for the content that matters most to me. Your issue isn't that people can't min-max if they want to it's that you want to have all max and no min for all content areas.

A decision and a choice are quite literally synonyms.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/decision?s=t

So thanks for agreeing with him I guess? You not liking the things to choose from or decide between, or one option being significantly better than the rest, doesn't mean it's still not a choice or decision. Both parts of your post make me question if you know what words mean. Keep I'm mind I'm not saying you have to like the choices being presented to you but they are but literal fucking definition choices. And decision/s.
    I dont ask about your opinion about what is min-max to you, i ask why somebody should be denied his min-max. And min-max literally means to be the best as possible, optimized (not only viable).

And for me choice is picking between non comparables and decision is strictly about numbers. So, in most of the wow there is no choice, just good or bad decision.