The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Pence is flopping around like a dying fish. Literally repeating Fox News talking points.
    He never stood a chance given Harris' intellect and education/history. But he's probably even more flabbergasted because a woman is daring to argue with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He never stood a chance given Harris' intellect and education/history. But he's probably even more flabbergasted because a woman is daring to argue with him.
    TWO women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump promised free COVID-19 cure for seniors.

No, really.

They gave me Regeneron, and it was like unbelievable. I felt good immediately. I felt as good three days ago as I do now. So I just want to say, we have Regeneron. We have another drug by [Eli Lilly and Company]. And they're coming out, and we're trying to get them on an emergency basis.

We've authorized it. I've authorized it. And if you're in the hospital and you're feeling really bad, I think we're going to work it to where you're going to get them and you're going to get them free. And especially if you're a senior, we're going to get you in there quick.

They call them therapeutic, but to me, it wasn't therapeutic. It just made me better. Okay, I call that a cure.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fear is that the discussion is going to get wrapped in Pence "speaking over women" instead of Pence not answering any questions. Americans are nasty and don't care about the former actually. They'll role their eyes and paint it as "liberal elites crying". The latter paints Pence as a real liar with no substance or value and couldn't even answer a straight question.

None of that matters because the Fly wins.

Pence used a similar tactic against Kaine, and it worked.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

http://flywillvote.com

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    My fear is that the discussion is going to get wrapped in Pence "speaking over women" instead of Pence not answering any questions. Americans are nasty and don't care about the former actually. They'll role their eyes and paint it as "liberal elites crying". The latter paints Pence as a real liar with no substance or value and couldn't even answer a straight question.

None of that matters because the Fly wins.

Pence used a similar tactic against Kaine, and it worked.
    Kaine came off as too smarmy. Kamala did not.

Pence also answered like no questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Pence also answered like no questions.
    And he mostly got away with it. The media can change that it points out that he went up there and answered nothing. I am by no means saying Harris lost. She did well But I also feel like Pence was allowed to get away with way too much. This man has bodies on his hands. He emboldens racists, bigots, and corporate thugs with a shit-eating grin that literally attracts flies. He got away with too much.

And he mostly got away with it. The media can change that it points out that he went up there and answered nothing. I am by no means saying Harris lost. She did well But I also feel like Pence was allowed to get away with way too much. This man has bodies on his hands. He emboldens racists, bigots, and corporate thugs with a shit-eating grin that literally attracts flies. He got away with too much.
    In al seriousness, doesl the VP debate change anything?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    In al seriousness, does the VP debate change anything?
    When you can hear what people are saying... maybe? That said, there are plenty of indications out there that more than enough people have their minds made up and nothing will change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...yes and no.

No because by this point most folks have made up their mind; yes because both main candidates being kinda old and one of them actually having COVID introduces the issue of succession.

But yeah for the most part folks trying to spin this into a make or break moment for Harris were just looking for excuses to shit on the Biden ticket anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Generally no.

It proves that both could be president, that's it.

Pence isn't going to make anyone forget Trump or change anyone's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    When you can hear what people are saying... maybe? That said, there are plenty of indications out there that more than enough people have their minds made up and nothing will change that.
    That's what i was trying to mean... it's extremely hard to change the minds of people, when there are so few of them to have their minds changed to begin with. There're like 5 undecided voters at this moment (truly undecideds, and not drama queens).

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of these VPs have the highest chance of replacing their President in office. Pretty important this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what i was trying to mean... it's extremely hard to change the minds of people, when there are so few of them to have their minds changed to begin with. There're like 5 undecided voters at this moment (truly undecideds, and not drama queens).
    It's almost as if the undecided voters aren't actually undecided but are trying to poison the well by pushing a narrative of uncertainty.

They're almost a bad as the people who do nothing but spread Republican talking points and then defend themselves with "I'm voting for Biden what more do you want, god this is why no one likes Democrats".
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was the possibilty it could have. One candidate or the other could have said something absolutely amazing, or it's possible one could have said something absolutely stupid. Tell me the meter wouldn't have moved if Pence had said "Listen you stuck-up bitch..."

Trump is the one losing ground. If the needle doesn't move, that's a failure on Pence's part, even if he wasn't expected to move it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    This is true. Minds are made up except when it comes to non-voters, people who don't vote anyway. Those people who can push a candidate over the slim margins we've been seeing over the last couple of years.

People who choose not to vote are pretty damn powerful.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-08 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's almost as if the undecided voters aren't actually undecided but are trying to poison the well by pushing a narrative of uncertainty.

They're almost a bad as the people who do nothing but spread Republican talking points and then defend themselves with "I'm voting for Biden what more do you want, god this is why no one likes Democrats".
    Yeah. The same is happening here with the Apruebo/Rechazo campaign (Approve/Not Approve for our new constitution). Almost everyone already made their mind, so the propaganda machine is rather redundant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There was the possibilty it could have. One candidate or the other could have said something absolutely amazing, or it's possible one could have said something absolutely stupid. Tell me the meter wouldn't have moved if Pence had said "Listen you stuck-up bitch..."

Trump is the one losing ground. If the needle doesn't move, that's a failure on Pence's part, even if he wasn't expected to move it.
    Yeah. This did not move the needle, and Dotard Tang desperately needs said needle to be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

But instead of being perfect we have flies landing on bullsbit and a bloody eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who choose not to vote are pretty damn powerful stupid.
    Fixed it for ya. It costs you nothing to vote, and even if the gains are minimal if it's truly as much of a non-choice as you claim then not voting wouldn't change anything; it just gives other people free reign to make policy.

Folks like you are why my right to marriage is under threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Assholes. The correct word is assholes.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, either Pence is a corpse and starting to attract flies, or a dead fly got trapped in his hair.

https://twitter.com/XanderRay143/sta...30985445482496
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"