Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Except covenant abilities work in battlegrounds and arenas, so that point is moot. Those battlegrounds are exactly in Outland and Northrend, just to name a few.
    Really? Wow.. then that makes no sense. Do they work in dungeons?

With any luck this means they won't work in arena, if that's the case this is far and away the best change they ever could have made to Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    With any luck this means they won't work in arena, if that's the case this is far and away the best change they ever could have made to Covenants.
    one arena is in the shadowlands, though. Going strictly by lore reasons, they'd have to deactivate them in all areans and BG's except for this one arena. This would be a shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    Yeah any "this doesn't work outside of this area" is always lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we have to make them revert this, its the worst change they made right after the AoE cap. I already made a post about it on the official forums and I suggest people do too. Give them feedback, let them know, cause this is just the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    why did the heart of azeroth work in other content
    Because they forgot about that when rushing it out and are now retroactivly pushing it in in the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    well i mean if ur cov abilities did work outside SL, when next xpac comes and lets say were back on azeroth it makes no sense for you to still have your cov ability
    so to me this is a long term change, and possibly a lore reason because your cov abilities are tied to the shadowlands a totally different plane of existence
    It also doesn't make sense for you to leave the Shadowlands in the first place. This lore argument is BS

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    It also doesn't make sense for you to leave the Shadowlands in the first place. This lore argument is BS
    Actually, the KotEB have established portals and this time they are canon, since Taelia's and Calia's presence in the shadowlands/oribos is explained that way. So this time the whole tourism angle is part of the plot, not just for us either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Actually, the KotEB have established portals and this time they are canon, since Taelia's and Calia's presence in the shadowlands/oribos is explained that way. So this time the whole tourism angle is part of the plot, not just for us either.
    Tourism angle? The fuck?

"We are delaying the expansion in order to make the game worse".

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    "We are delaying the expansion in order to make the game worse".
    I wouldn't be surprised if their solution to impossible to balance Covenant abilities and conduits was to disable them in any meaningful content, or just nerf them into irrelevance, making the system a pointless waste of development time, much like Garrisons. Who could have seen this coming, other than everyone but them.

I understand the lore reasoning, but this is an example were gameplay should trump story in every way.

Soulbinds and stuff works though, so one way or the other it seems like an oversight, or just a mistake. Its only beta afterall!!!!11one

This makes sense from a lore perspective, however This Change is similar to how garrison and outpost abilities in WoD that worked only in Draenor. However this feels wrong class changes are already minimal whats the point of getting new class skills in the form of covenant abilities that we cant use in the majority of WoW's content. They can remedy this by not allowing the use of generic covenant abilities outside Shadowlands, and allow Class specific ones everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I understand the lore reasoning, but this is an example were gameplay should trump story in every way.

Soulbinds and stuff works though, so one way or the other it seems like an oversight, or just a mistake. Its only beta afterall!!!!11one
    There is no lore reasoning as long as the abilities can be used in instanced PVP.

I can't use an ability on Azeroth, but I can use it in Warsong Gulch which is ON Azeroth? BRUH!

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dude, you are wrong.

We are in the realm of Death, we get those powers granted there. It makes perfect sense that you can not empower them outside of that realm.

This is a good move.
    I guess your neck doesn't work or Outlands, Draenor or Argus

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    lmao why would abilities that are gifted to you from covenants in the Shadowlands work outside Shadowlands? Come on, I'm always up to bash on blizzard but this is pointless
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    lmao why would abilities that are gifted to you from covenants in the Shadowlands work outside Shadowlands? Come on, I'm always up to bash on blizzard but this is pointless
    I dunno. Why do they work in Alterac Valley?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I guess your neck doesn't work or Outlands, Draenor or Argus
    That is different. Shadowlands is another dimension, everything else we know is on the same galaxy. Even the Draenor we visited.

What it boils down to is that they are behind already and it means the only problems they will need to worry about are in Shadowlands.

Basically it's a restriction to limit their work load.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I dunno. Why do they work in Alterac Valley?
    idk, i'm not in the beta, but it's probably that they also work in any other instanced content, which has nothing to do with the actual overworld location
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.