Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I don't know why you think that getting a carry is somehow 'privileged'. Any guild that wants anyone in its roster to change classes will happily bring them along to a 10/25 man reclear or an alts run.

Now, it's not a matter of 'skipping shit', it's having to do mandatory content grinds that make the entire game unplayable without.
    Make your mind up man, an alt run isn't a carry, because virtually everyone will need gear and that means having a minimum level of gear, and most guilds didn't want people to change classes, especially if they'd already been raiding with them and got a bunch of gear. If they did want them to change, yeah then they might bring you to an actual carry, but yeah that was a privilege not everyone got access to. It's also something you can still access today with the right guild.

What exactly are these "mandatory grinds" you're claiming the game is unplayable without? AP? Is that it? Because it sounded like it was a larger complaint. And the problems with that peaked in early Legion. BfA hasn't been nearly as bad, and SL looks to be less bad still.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, you are not wrong. However I squarely put blame for this on the community.
    As people always do. Everything bad about the game is always our own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    That's essentially the problem with current WoW.

It has gone from exploration and immersion in a huge fantasy RPG world to "I have this list of tasks, how can I get them done as fast and as efficiently as possible".

If WoW ever wants to be great again, it needs to move away from tasks and chores, away from daily and weekly things to do and rerunning the same content over and over again, and towards creating more unique content that is supposed to be done once for the mere fun of it.
    WoW has become a list of chores you have to complete before you can begin enjoying the game how you want to play. Or at least that's how it used to be. Now it's an endless list of chores you'll never complete and just keep growing. It's amazing that Blizzard can't figure out why people are getting burned out.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 years.

I can not spend 8 hours a day like I used to do back then, Even 10 years ago or less I would spend 10 to 14 hours a day playing.
    Life changes, now I don´t have that time nor it is worth it anymore because I already did so for many years. Still want to play, so yes, you want to do the things that you must do to stay updated in wow asap.

That way you free up space to actually play doing whatever you want, aside the mandatory daily/grind.

You're assuming a lot. I was never in this game for exploration. I started because i wanted to see what happened with LK and stayed for raids. I have plenty of single player games for my exploration and immersion needs. Mmos where there are random people with random names around where no one can ever force them to pretend they're in character was never my idea of "immersion", im here for group content and have been here for it for over a decade.
    At most you could say it was about socializing and meeting new people and working with internet friends for a common goal, but even that isn't fully true.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-10-08 at 09:42 AM.

While it was slowly starting in TBC when badges and dailies were added, it really didn't start getting its legs until Wrath. That's when they added the daily badges from 5 mans and people just wanted to get it done every day. It was easy content where geared players could have no regard for lesser geared newer players due to ilevel increase and the fact heroics were undertuned to begin with.

With MoP and later the dailies really started offering things you needed so that just added onto it.

The push for speed is to get these things out of the way so players can do what they woukd really like to do, but they were also added because players were burning through everything and then quitting.

Basically the only way to kill it is to make things more difficult and remove the daily reward, but as Cata showed that doesn't make players happy either.

Frankly if you want to play an MMO for exploration and immersion you need a sandbox MMO, but good ones are pretty rare.

Ironically, the new expansion was delayed just because of people who are "how could we do things as fast as possible"

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Ironically the new expansion was delayed just because of people who are "how could we do things as fast as possible"
    The expansion was delayed because Blizzard announced the release for a date that they just weren't able to make.

The expansion was delayed because Blizzard announced the release for a date that they just weren't able to make.
    They should have axed the date as soon as Covid hit, but like with most companies they feel like they can work their way out of a hole.

As people always do. Everything bad about the game is always our own fault.
    Well, in some cases it is true. This being one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    They should have axed the date as soon as Covid hit, but like with most companies they feel like they can work their way out of a hole.
    When Covid hit, we did not even have a date? O.o... it was told after the 4 animated short just a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What I'd ideally want is a better group finder, where you could automatically filter on things like AOTC instead of just on ilvl. I think that would make pugging a lot more practical because it would encourage people to group with others on a similar level. Also I think the design of some mythic bosses, while not hard, is basically designed to make pugging impossible - it's just impractical to progress on Xanesh as a pug.

I think you're suggesting that I start a guild? I'm talking about how I can't spend regularly scheduled time in game and you think I should start a guild? Lol.

Honestly, this doesn't sound like a MMORPG to me. It sounds like a PvE Moba or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I don't believe this is correct. Meta first really became popularized in MtG when it first came out. You played the game, but then consistent decks started to form, and thus arose the metagame. The game that involved figuring out not what deck was best, but what deck was best given the current state of tournaments. What you were most likely to play against. It had/has nothing to do with efficiency - it has everything to do with the game outside the game. I.e. the metagame. In this sense it is EXACTLY like metacognition. Cognition being thought, metacognition being specifically thoughts about thoughts. While some people may use it to mean efficiency in some contexts, that's not where it came from.

On topic... What you're describing is an RPG not an MMORPG. Try Skyrim, Witcher, etc. If you want multi-player RPGs, try Divinity and Divinity II. WoW has been this way since its inception as others have said. Additionally, WoW can still be played that way - just stop playing once you've taken your time doing all the quests, exploring the new expansion, etc.
    Ok. It’s still an acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, in some cases it is true. This being one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

When Covid hit, we did not even have a date? O.o... it was told after the 4 animated short just a few weeks back.
    I'm guessing that was a date that had been decided on for a while and they thought they could keep it. Like I said, they always believe they can work their way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    WoW doesn't want to be great again, it wants to keep its paypigs on a treadmill.
    Sure, but not like classic was any different - Its maybe even worse...People rush there much more if you ask me. Just look at the speed runs in raids...I played the game for 30 days at 60 and by then I had seen same behavior or worse as retail. And its likely the same in all MMO's.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

It's VERY diff from classic. No doubt.

Stop putting barricades between me and ce raiding and high rated pvp and I will stop trying to jump over those barricades as fast as I can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Some self-control is involved. I'm not criticizing others but my game experience improved by a lot once I stopped worrying about having the best of everything and started doing only the stuff I wanted to do. Somehow, someway, I seem to be able to see what I want to see.

The big change I've noticed over the years here is that it used to be when you signed up for the most difficult raiding in the game, or to be in the top ranks of PVP, you knew what you were signing up for and didn't bitch about it.

I have my problems with the game like everyone else but repetitive content or thinking I need to play 24/7 aren't an issue. It does worry me that too many people substitute a varied life for living in the game. But again that's a choice. My problem is that if you make that choice I don't need or want to hear your complaints about what you have to do to maintain the game style you chose.
    Wow. Just wow. I feel like I've been saying this for years. Felt like I was talking into the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how its been for years now. I too miss the days where it was an actual RPG. Where leveling up actually felt empowering and not just a way to unlock more abilities. Back then leveling up actually affected your stats like all traditional RPGs do. Where people weren't always in such a hurry in dungeons grabbing as many mobs as they can at once, trying to skip mobs using tricky pathways that a lot of times just ends up wasting more time. I also miss the strategy aspect in dungeons where you had to decide who to CC and where to pull the group of mobs and which one to prioritize DPS on. There's none of that now. It's just become a Diablo dungeon crawler where you just flail your swords and axes around like a mad man targeting whoever you want.

Yeah, modern WoW is just all about doing things as fast as possible so they can sit in trade chat and be bored and complain that there is nothing to do. It always seems like people have somewhere better to be these days. In which I would say why are you playing a game like this if your time is that important to you?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-10-09 at 04:34 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

They tried that in WoD. Everyone hated WoD because "there's no content." This wasn't true, it just wasn't mandatory and had an endpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Right, I forgot if you CHOOSE not to play, you're somehow still consuming content despite choosing not to consume content.
    What weird rant are you going on? No one mentioned not playing the game. The fact still remains that you as a player can play at your own pace. You miss no content as long as you do it with in that expansion's life. Games can't cater to people that don't want to consume any content but still want design catered around their play style. But old content is only invalidated in the form of gear upgrades. That doesn't mean you have to stop doing it. That doesn't mean if your guild hasn't progressed yet you have to stop progressing.

It looks like though by your weird rant about a different topic you are just looking to rant rather then discuss.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."